February 2017 Moms
Options

Monday B*fest, 12/5

What's in your koolaid today, ladies?

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: Monday B*fest, 12/5

• Options
    My work computer literally sounds like an aircraft about to take off. The fan is working out of control and I have NO idea how to get it to stop. And IT isn't in today. Grrr... 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can tell I'm getting sick and my body is doing everything to fight it. I'm also barely sleeping so I'm exhausted. I really wanted to stay home sick today but I have so much to do at work I knew I couldn't. 
  • Options
    Oh while I'm complaining I might as well add that my insurance told me I just need a prescription from my Dr for a pump, but when I asked the nurse, she said the Dr won't write one until I'm in the hospital and had the baby. WTF?!? So my insurance doesn't care and I can get one now, but my Dr won't sign a stupid paper for it? The nurse said they just deal with a private company and that's how "they" do it. I'm not sure who "they" are but I thought it sounded crazy I can't just get the prescription so I can have one now since I really don't need the Dr office to get the pump for me. I didn't know what to say at the time but I might just ask my Dr herself at my next appointment. My husband asked if it has to be from my OB or if our family dr could do it? Does anyone know? Because our family dr would do it on the spot no questions asked.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I have 2 this morning.

1 - our pup has been doing well just sleeping in his bed on the floor for the last couple nights (he usually sleeps in his crate in another room because he always wants to jump on our bed and wakes us up) until last night. At 2:30 he decided to jump up on our bed and wakes me up. I shoved him off, heard him walking around before going back to his bed, then I smelled it. He decided to poop. So I had to get up and pick it up since, of course, H slept through the whole thing. Not cool!

2 - Today I'm starting on all the client Christmas cards. The process is way more complicated than it has to be and last year it literally took me a whole month to get everything done in between everyday work. I've been dreading it and now it begins.

Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

@lfrank12 luckily I mostly only have the immediate urge to pee when I stand up and since I was soooo lucky to be sitting in the same position for  2 hours, it managed. But when I got to work that was the first stop I made haha.

@becbec28 that is like my biggest fear haha. Our dog isn't allowed free reign of our bedroom and knows that when she is in there it is bed time and she needs to stay in bed. Her "bed" is a dog bed on our bed which is annoying AF but keeps her in one spot (she refuses it on the floor). We are actually almost done building her a raised platform to put at the end of our bed so she can still be up with us but not taking up our room. It sounds so obnoxious but it will make everyone happy and doing what they are supposed to!

• Options
    I ordered a maternity coat and a few other things from Old Navy on Cyber Monday...  My order still hasn't shipped.  It's getting mighty cold here and my old coat is straining to contain my belly and boobs (forget about wearing it buttoned while sitting in the car).  I know this is my own fault for procrastinating on the winter coat thing, but a week to ship, seriously!?!

P.S. I logged into my account to check on my order yesterday because after not getting any shipment notices I was worried that I never actually placed the order.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @WinchesterGirl I'm sorry your mom did that. I understand being excited but this is not her news! If you talk to her will she take it down?
  • Options
    @kswiger06 I'm not sure about the prescription, I'd ask your family doctor and just see if it works! I share in your pump frustrations though, I ordered mine through Aeroflow and it was supposed to be covered 100%....but now my insurance is denying it because it was billed as a "sleep diagnostic device"....but it looks pretty clear its billed as a breast pump on my claim. Aeroflow says they are just processing it wrong, insurance company says they need a new bill, Aeroflow won't send a new bill because they say it'd be exactly the same as the first one....it's just a disaster. Luckily Aeroflow has picked up the ball and assured me they will not send me a bill for the pump, so I'm taking myself out of it.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• Options
    Good idea @WinchesterGirl!! That still stinks, though.
  • Options
    What is the difference with ordering off amazon and Amazon prime? That party dress I ordered over a week ago was off amazon. Turns out it was being shipped from somewhere in the UK... it got passed on to U.S. and has since been sitting in Chicago for a week exactly now  :|
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kswiger06 Prime is an annual paid subscription which gets you several benefits when ordering from amazon, primarily free 2-day shipping. I use it a lot, so I more than make up the fee annually in free shipping alone; not counting my use of prime TV or the new kindle free book rentals.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    Thanks @WinchesterGirl I didn't actually order it myself... I just tell my husband and he does it lol but I really doubt we have prime.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lct2008 I'm having the exact same issue re: glucola test.  I took the test on Thursday and was told I'd get my results Friday or mayyyybe Monday morning.  Here it is, 2pm and I haven't heard.  They update my chart online automatically, so I'm not bothering to call.  But I keep checking my email and getting annoyed when I don't have a new message from my doc's online portal.
  • Options
    @NiceyMeany I STILL haven't heard back. Like wth. I better have passed because I ate a bagel and a latte for breakfast and skittles and cheese for lunch  :# I'm hoping for me no need is good news. I wish they did online results though so I could know either way. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got the tdap and flu shots on Friday and both of my arms got these huge lumps and red welts and they still hurt. Things keep bumping up against them and it hurts so bad and I am having a hard time lifting my arms up because the muscle feels tight I guess from being so lumped up?
  • Options
    @kswiger06 I'm not sure about the prescription, I'd ask your family doctor and just see if it works! I share in your pump frustrations though, I ordered mine through Aeroflow and it was supposed to be covered 100%....but now my insurance is denying it because it was billed as a "sleep diagnostic device"....but it looks pretty clear its billed as a breast pump on my claim. Aeroflow says they are just processing it wrong, insurance company says they need a new bill, Aeroflow won't send a new bill because they say it'd be exactly the same as the first one....it's just a disaster. Luckily Aeroflow has picked up the ball and assured me they will not send me a bill for the pump, so I'm taking myself out of it.
    I got my pump through Aeroflow as well and noticed that it was billed the same way with my insurance! The thing that was strange to me though was that there was like 9 different charges and half of them have been approved and the other half are still pending. Wonder why that is. 
  • Options
    @jstringfellow19 that is super weird...mine had a bunch of charges too, but they were all denied. It's weird that they would deny some, and not others.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• Options
    I called my insurance company and they gave me a list of options of companies to call to order the pump. Then I asked my husband which medical supply company he preferred for work and ordered through them. Sorry you ladies are having a hard time. Mine went pretty smooth, although they won't send it to me until next month so it's closer to due date. 
  • Options
    cantalopes24cantalopes24 member
    edited December 2016
    Does anyone know how ordering the pumps works as far as it being based off your due date? I looked into it and it says I can only order it so many days before my due date but since I know I'm having the baby early do you think they'll go off that date with documentation? Yes I know I can call but the last couple times I did expected hold times are like 40 minutes.
  • Options
    My insurance said they would ship no more than 30 days before due date but I could order now and it will automatically ship 30 days before. 
  • Options
    Does anyone know how ordering the pumps works as far as it being based off your due date? I looked into it and it says I can only order it so many days before my due date but since I know I'm having the baby early do you think they'll go off that date with documentation? Yes I know I can call but the last couple times I did expected hold times are like 40 minutes.
    All companies are different. Aeroflow already did mine. Edgepark told me I would have to wait until after Dec 31st to submit my order. I was also contacted by a local supplier that said they could do it whenever I just needed to let hen know when I was ready. There are other companies out there, but I only dealt with Edgeparka and Aeroflow. Most require a prescription from your dr and some doctors won't do the script until a certain time as well. 
  • Options
    Thanks Tish! I will try to get someone on the phone later this week. 
  • Options
    @tishb (and anyone else who has already done their pump through insurance)..do any of you happen to have Blue Cross Blue Shield? I just switched on to H's insurance December 1st and he has BCBS. I'm trying to decide if I should order through his insurance or through my mom's (which I'm on until April). She has United and they won't let me order until January-ish. Wondering if BCBS is earlier
  • Options
    RE: insurance and pumps - I usually have THE WORST time with insurance stuff. but so far it seems to have gone okay (although I haven't checked my statements yet). I think a lot of it is pretty dependent on your insurance company. With mine, it was wicked hard to find a medical supplier online for some reason so at my OB appointment I asked for the RX and then asked for what people usually use. I went on the company's site, entered my info, and picked my pump. They have already shipped it and it should be here tomorrow. It does seem like it is different depending on what insurance you have, so hopefully things smooth out for you ladies!