Trouble TTC
Options

HCG levels low but doubling.

Jlmahon2470Jlmahon2470 member
edited December 2016 in Trouble TTC
Hi, my husband and I have been TTC for almost two years now and even though I can get pregnant I've been having trouble getting them to stick. As of now I've had a chemical pregnancy, a miscarriage where there was a baby with a heartbeat, a complete molar pregnancy and another chemical after that. I recently got a positive pregnancy test on the 29th of November, two days later I started to bleed, like a normal period. I assumed it was another chemical but got in touch with my OB anyway who sent me for blood work to make sure my levels were going down. I went on the 1st and later got the report that my HCG was 33 which is extremely low. The next day I took an hpt to see if the line had disappeared but to my surprise it had gotten darker, darker than when I first took the test. Well today I redone my blood work and my HCG level had risen to an 84. It had doubled as it was supposed to but was still extremely low for how far along I thought I should be (4 wks and 5 days.) If this was a chemical pregnancy shouldn't my numbers have dropped by now instead of going up? Is it possible I ovulated later than I thought and am not quiet as far along? I took an hpt on the 24th of November which was 10 dpo and it was a BFN. I'm still worried about the bleeding though as it was like a regular period. I guess what I'm asking is, what are the chances this will be a viable pregnancy and has anyone else had experience with this and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy? 

Re: HCG levels low but doubling.

• Options
    This might be a more appropriate question for the pregnant after IF board. Most of us have never had a healthy pregnancy so we aren't the best people suited to answering your question.  You should as your doctor instead.

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    Fx for you! 

Trigger warning

me: 28 dh: 34
    married since October 2015-started trying immediately
    dx: PCOS, anovulatory
    rx: provera metformin progesterone
    *TW*
    BFP August 2016- early mc- Enoch Matthis
    1 clomid cycle (March 2017)
    BFP March 2017  ~  EDD December 13, 2017
    di/di TWINS!!!!! vanishing twin- Hannah Jordan