September 2016 Moms
Options

December Random

Re: December Random

• Options
    We usually have LO in a onesie and then swaddle him in a Swaddle Me. He sleeps so well that way. He is starting to roll to his side so I am trying to transition him out of the swaddle. I didn't send one with him to daycare today so we will see how he does! 
  • Options
    We put our LO in a tee shirt onesie (or a long sleeve onesie if it's a really cold night) then swaddle with either the Miracle blanket or Halo sleepsack. He normally wakes up a warm even in just that. We're not in a cold climate though. I live in CA and nightime temps are usually in the 40s.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    As of last week, LO has been able to roll on his side. I think that means he'll be rolling over soon. He is swaddled every nap and at night. I tried sending him to daycare today without a swaddle and his teacher just texted me saying he's only had 2 twenty minute naps. She is going to use an extra swaddle that they have there on him for his naps the remainder of the day today. Any advice on transitioning LO from a swaddle to nothing? I have heard lots of great things about the Merlin Blanket...he'll be 3 months on Xmas Eve. Maybe I'm worrying about this too early.
  • Options
    @sbrown721 our babies are a day apart! My little girl doesn't like to be swaddled. I went back to work today and she only took a couple 20 minutes naps, and yesterday too. Maybe it is just a developmental thing for their age. How has he been sleeping at night? Ellie is still very random. Some nights she'll sleep two 4 hour stretches and like last night, she's up every hour. 
  • Options
    Aww love it! Wish we lived close! How was your first day of work?! How much did she eat and how did you hold up?
  • Options
    I did so much better than I expected. My mom is watching her so that helps a lot. She ate 8 oz. She ate 2 oz at a time though and from what everything I've read that seems small, so I was a little worried about that but she does seem to eat more often than other babies. I also pumped about 8 oz when I usually pump more. I really don't know...We'll see how that goes. Where abouts are you? I'm in CA.
  • Options
    My guess is she'll eat more as the days go on. I only pump about 8 oz too so it's a struggle to keep up. LO eats 12-16 oz a day (almost 3 months). We are in CO. Lots of snow! 

I have been back at work since he was 9 weeks. He has been fighting a cold at daycare for almost a month now. I don't have sick days saved at work due to maternity leave, but he has had me up since 2 am the last 2 nights. I think its appropriate to call in sick today, right?
  • Options
    Yes! You deserve a day off. I can only imagine how tired you are. Ellie ended up nursing pretty much from the time I got home around 530 until 9 at night with little breaks. She was hungry and probably missed her mom.

You guys, she wouldn't even look at me until after I fed her! I think she was mad at me for leaving. 
  • Options
    Isn't that horrible?! On the opposite end, LO stares right at me once I get to daycare and sobs until I feed him. Sometimes we can make it home (15 mins) and other times I just have to feed him there. He's definitely needing me when I arrive!
  • Options
    @molosmiles mine does that too! She won't look at me until we're settled in at home and her belly is full. Total guilt trip
  • Options
    The holidays are killing my quest to get into pre baby shape! January right?!
  • Options
    I think winter time is killing my hopes of pre baby body.  When I first had him the weather was nice and we went on a lot of walks to get some excersize. But now it's cold and I'm back to work and just want to cuddle in the warm house. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Haha! Yes! Thankfully I no longer live where it's cold. But man, those Midwest winters killed any motivation I had. Many nights/mornings were spent under the heated blanket thinking "I should go to the gym..." 
  • Options
    Yeah...some days it's just best to stay in your jammies! January I will go to the gym.....
  • Options
    Omg I'm exhausted! Little one has had a cold since last Friday. She is almost 4 months now--so sad to see such a little girl sick but she has been a trooper. No fever just nasely and a cough so I haven't been too concerned. But she insists on nursing every 1 1/2 hours right now. I'm sure it's for comfort ( I know I tend to eat a lot when I'm sick...) but wow it's tireing. But she angry screams until I give her the boob so I am complying for my sanity.  At least she still sleeps through the night, just a little extra fussy going down at first.

Gotta give credit to my husband though. He had his own man cold on the weekend and still stepped up even when I could see he just wanted to curl up and nap...so I took the opportunities to nap! 

Has the cold hit anyone else's home yet?
  • Options
    I hear you on the working out. January it is for me too. Need to get wedding ready. Getting married in October and do not want to have baby weight still. Plan is lose at least the baby weight by then. I had a cold last week but luckily little one and fiance were unscathed. Just waiting on it though. Know it will happen sooner or later. He doesn't go to daycare so I think that helps. Midwest winters suck. Indiana is bipolar with its weather.
  • Options
    drabong88drabong88 member
    edited December 2016
    @jenkar01 I live in Ohio.....air conditioner on in the beginning of the week heat on at the end has definitely happened so I understand the bipolar weather
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hejo2016hejo2016 member
    edited December 2016
    We had a cold roll through our house. Luckily it was pretty mild for the baby and was mostly just full of snot for a day or so. Husband has a man cold right now that Im hoping he keeps to himself!!
  • Options
    Has anyone else experienced their little one waking up in the middle of a nap screaming like they're in pain, hard to comfort, not really awake, and pass out once the moment passed?
  • Options
    @jenkar01 My guy has let out a high pitched scream a few times in the past. I shoot up and go to him, but by the time I'm there he's totally asleep. I think babies can have nightmares ☹️
  • Options
    It only happens during naptime so I think it is maybe nightmares or night terrors because he is swaddled at night maybe he feels more secure so he doesn't have them at bedtime.
  • Options
    I was going to say the same thing. My LO screamed and then was almost sobbing but his eyes were still closed and he appeared to still be asleep. It freaked me out so I woke him up and he was not to happy. I was thinking that it may have been a nightmare too
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @drabong88 oh yeah there are always tears and all. His eyes are usually shut and he just screams and cries. I pick him up and assure him that he is safe and that momma has him, usually does the trick after a minute or two. Just breaks my heart to not know what is causing him to cry.
  • Options
    My LO does that too. Pretty frequently actually. I would say it's happens at least once every day or two and it's always during a nap too. I freaks me our because is so different from his real cry but he stays asleep afterwards so I never really thought too much about it.
  • Options
    Yes! It happened just yesterday again. It did make me jump up and go to her because it is such an urgent sounding cry. But it passed as quickly as it started and she kept sleeping away. So sad to think it's a nightmare...what do they have in their little heads so far that would make them so upset? I usually assumed quickly passing gas bubble.
  • Options
    Anyone's infant have stranger anxiety yet? My little guy is fine out in public, but if someone approaches and gets close to him to talk or touch, he'll make a sad face and start to cry. He's usually much better when eased into a situation with a new face vs. them trying to interact with him right away. I thought stranger anxiety is something that happens much later. We have a play date today at the daycare he'll be attending in January. I'm so curious to see how he'll act. 
  • Options
    @jellybiehn I wonder if it is gas as well but not sure. Kid is gassy anyways because of his multivitamin he is on. So who knows.
  • Options
    That is adorable! We also got our girlie a jumparoo...poor LO is too short still....her little legs just dangeled! So we put a big puffy bunny playmat under and it helps. She isn't loving it yet but as she gets a little bigger I'm sure she will ...At least I hope so as I got a book for Christmas and I would love to have a minute to myself to be able to read it!
  • Options
    Molly was of course spoiled. She got a jumperoo, clothing, and a bunch of small toys. Bath toys, foam blocks etc for when she's older. I asked for a range of toys since people wanted to buy stuff yet we didn't need only toys. 
  • Options
    Is anyone on Wellbutrin? How has that effected milk supply?
  • Options
    drabong88drabong88 member
    edited December 2016
    My random today is more of a complaint.

A few days I got a bill for Dylan's newborn hearing screen. And then today got a letter that my insurance had denied Payment of the service because the provider was out of network. It's so stupid! I delivered at an in network hospital how am I supposed to know that the wonan coming around to do the hearing tests was out of network? It's all so stupid. It's not like it's a little bill either its over $500.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Seriously? Why would the hospital even employ an out of network company for that? That's messed up
  • Options
    drabong88 said:
    My random today is more of a complaint.

A few days I got a bill for Dylan's newborn hearing screen. And then today got a letter that my insurance had denied Payment of the service because the provider was out of network. It's so stupid! I delivered at an in network hospital how am I supposed to know that the wonan coming around to do the hearing tests was out of network? It's all so stupid. It's not like it's a little bill either its over $500.
    Fight it!!! That's ridiculous!!
  • Options
    I think I have a clogged milk duct. Super painful yesterday, a little better today. Trying to pump more often at work and of course I brought a lid for my pump bottle thats not fitting on it. Trying to wedge it in my cooler so it doesn't spill while I drive around for work...
  • Options
    @hejo2016 maybe try putting some paper over the top and then use a hair tie or rubber band to hold it on? It would be something at least. 
  • Options
    @rock1cherry I ended up doing something similar and wedged the top on it. I made sure to bring multiple lid options today :)
    Anyone have any New Years plans? I think we're grilling steaks after the kids are in bed and watching Gilmore Girls :) Haven't watched the new releases yet so no spoilers!!
  • Options
    Our plans are to go to a friends who's having an early evening family friendly get together. We are going to make deviled eggs, homemade shrimp cocktail and maybe spinach dip. My plan is to be home by 9 at the latest so Molly can have a semi normal night of sleep. 
  • Options
    Not sure if it's because of the holidays and his schedule has been thrown off, but my LO is having a lot of difficulty falling asleep for naps. It's been a huge struggle this week. He's just about 4 months and I'm wondering if this is the start of the so called 4 month sleep regression.