August 2017 Moms
Options

Saturday Ticker Change 12/3

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: Who have you told so far about your pregnancy? Who will you tell next and when?

Me: 26 DH: 26 and 10 days fewer
Married 6/15
TTC #1: NTNP March 2016 TTC July 2016, September 2016-
Let's Get This Party Charted

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 12/3

• Options
    How far along are you? 

5 weeks!

How big is baby? 

An appleseed or a fava bean depending on the app

My first appointment isn't until Jan 3rd because the u/s tech took vacation time around Christmas. I don't begrudge her it, but man that first appointment wait being an extra week longer stinks.

The breast soreness that let me know I was pregnant has pretty much subsided, and it's mainly just fatigue now. I teach a class from 6:30-8:30 some nights of the week, and man do my math skills become a lot shakier at about 8 o'clock.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Little bit of a rant/question - Have any second time moms here dealt with spotting after sex/orgasm in early pregnancy before? It happened to me (light pink spotting when I wiped after using the restroom for a few hours but never a flow and gone the next day) a few days ago. I asked a doula friend about it, and she didn't even hesitate before saying it was completely normal, but I'm still a little nervous. I'd also love to hear especially from anyone who had it in the beginning and then found it went away later in pregnancy.  

GTKY: Who have you told so far about your pregnancy? Who will you tell next and when?

Other than my husband, I've let my best friends know. There's another friend or two I'll tell if they ask (they knew we were trying), but otherwise family and friends will be after my ultrasound appointment and announcing on Facebook will be during the second trimester. 

Me: 26 DH: 26 and 10 days fewer
    Married 6/15
    TTC #1: NTNP March 2016 TTC July 2016, September 2016-
    Let's Get This Party Charted
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    4 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    A poppyseed
    None...I will call Monday to schedule, but they won't see me until 8 weeks. I hate this wait!
    Ever since getting my BFP at 3w1d, I've had cramps like my period is coming.  It's not a sharp pain ever, just a constant dull cramp. I remember early cramping with my son, but don't remember when it subsided.  I'm literally petrified every time I go to the bathroom that I'll find my period has arrived.  I just want some kind of pregnancy symptom to kick in to ease my mind that this is real! LOL
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant.... Destination Maternity is doing a massive warehouse sale about 5 minutes from my house today.  Nursing bras for $5, tanks for $2, and just overall cheap maternity clothes.  I really want to go, but am afraid that I'll jinx this pregnancy by going and buying stuff.  Fingers crossed they do another one in a few months! I definitely need some spring and summer maternity clothes.
    I told DH as soon as I took the test, and I told my sister the next day because I needed someone to talk to. Next up we'll tell our immediate families on Christmas, and will tell close friends after that as we see them.  

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    4 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Poppyseed
    Not until the last week of December
    I was reeaallly sick starting on the day I was to start. still queasy, but not awful. I wasn't sick at all with #1, terribly sick with #2, and now sickness is starting even earlier with #3. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I actually feel pretty happy. Even though I am sick, I enjoy knowing that my body is doing what it should and that I get to welcome this last piece of my family in August . I'm excited to see who will win the tiebreaker!
    I've told those in positions that need to know. For example, my assistants because they will catch on to my sickness pretty quickly. We will tell our parents and siblings at Christmas and then tell everyone everyone's else on my 30th birthday in January!
  • Options
    How far along are you? Finally 4 weeks haha

How big is baby? Poppyseed 

Upcoming appointments this week? Nothing. I don't have an appt until 10 weeks nurse visit and then 12 week ultrasound both in January. This wait is going to kill me.

Any new symptoms or changes? Besides fatigue, nausea, and heartburn not much. But last night I had some awful breast tenderness. Nothing really today. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? That my happy is so far away! And that I get hungry so easily. 

GTKY: Who have you told so far about your pregnancy? Who will you tell next and when? Obviously my husband. My best friend. And then everyone else family wise will find out at Christmas
    Pregnancy Ticker