Options

TGIF 12/2

It's the weekend! Let's go wild!

Pregnancy Ticker
Mother of an April '15 baby
Due December 16

Re: TGIF 12/2

• Options
    Today I took DS to the pool (at 7am... which felt late since he'd gotten up at 3:30a) which was exhausting considering he is wild man and doesn't realize he doesn't know how to swim yet (=mom chasing him constantly)

Tomorrow we are going to the library and then to a Christmas parade in town. And then maybe out to lunch.

Sunday I have DS all day while DH works. I need to have some activities lined up...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I plan on maybe venturing to church on Sunday. Otherwise its just staying in bed and watching Naruto and other anime.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    @karmba - that is the worst. My il's are similar and fil helps himself to our food and everything like we exist to take care of him. Drives me nuts. 

@yellingbanana - did your dh finish the bathroom?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Options
    I also hope to have a baby this weekend.  But if not, our only plans are going to brunch and maybe a movie.  Aka doing things we enjoy that we can't do once the baby is here.  
  • Options
    @karmba ugh, sorry your in-laws suck at helping. DH's father is coming down from New York in a couple weeks and keeps mentioning us driving down to Miami to have dinner with them. I'm, yeah, a 5 hour drive, with either a newborn (plus our other kids!) or at 10 months pregnant. DH keeps telling him how idiotic that is but he just doesn't get it. SMH. 
    Today I'm getting a massage, seeing the chiropractor, meeting the doula again, and going to DH's work Christmas party downtown tonight. 
    DH hoping we have the baby tomorrow so no plans as if yet lol. Might try to make some Christmas cookies with the kids.
  • Options
    ErikandAftonErikandAfton member
    edited December 2016
    Since I was cleared of the preeclampisa concerns that my doctor and NP have had for the last 5 weeks Dh drove up to his parents last night so he could go cut down a Christmas tree with them. I'm bummed I couldn't go but the bumpy mountain roads and no potty are not good for a prego  :p 

Today I'm planning in nesting and getting some house work done. I'd like to try and go to the chiropractor at some point today. And then I have a hair appointment this afternoon because this mane of mine is so thick I just can't deal anymore. I was suppose to go to a family birthday tonight but I have no voice so I'll probably just stay home.

Tomorrow we have a few random things to do for the nursery and I think we are going out for a belated birthday dinner for Dh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry your ILS @karmba. I already have a thing about people wearing shoes in our newly renovated house (come on, shouldn't this be common sense that I don't want your crummy shoes on our new carpet?) But can only imagine the wrath I'd feel about them not even helping as much to change dirty diapers! Good riddance, unwanted company.
    I'm specifically planning on nothing, and am very happy about that. There's a lot of football on today, so DH and I are only planning laundry and some good foods aside from our couch. It's a serious effort to relax and get my feet up to help this swelling! Tomorrow we'll go to church and contemplate how we can get out of doing anything again. I'm glad I nested early because it's getting painful to be on my feet for very long, they feel like they'll pop from the pressure of fluid.
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We're being adventurous and going to a B&B tonight for our last-minute babymoon.  We've been there a few times before and the food is amazing, so I'm pretty excited.  And tomorrow I get a prenatal massage after breakfast!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Last night was a wild night of grocery shopping and tacos (and subsequent reflux). Today is nothing really beyond dropping off my big jug of pee. DH is meeting with a friend during DDs naptime because he is feeling really stressed... I think the pressures of impending bills and Baby and projects at home are really weighing on him.  I wish there was more I could do to release some of that pressure for him, but I'm pretty useless right now and it just has us in a tense spot

ETA: TB cut off my post.

tomorrow will be church and maybe sterilizing some bottles and pump parts. 
  • Options
    @karmba - that is the worst. My il's are similar and fil helps himself to our food and everything like we exist to take care of him. Drives me nuts. 

@yellingbanana - did your dh finish the bathroom?
     :D  No, DH did not finish the bathroom. The plumbing is fixed and the tub is in, so are the walls. He wants to work on it today, but I told him I'd rather have him put up Christmas lights. He has a week and a half paternity leave (starts Wednesday!) I told him he could work on it then. I've got the kids on my side, so we will see who wins. I usually put up the Christmas lights on the house, but I'm 39 weeks pregnant and clumsy as ef, not to mention super easily exhausted. 
    So much for remodeling a bathroom in 1 weekend! Lol 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    yellingbananayellingbanana member
    edited December 2016
    @temmetime I feel you with the foot pain! we worked on the nursery yesterday, then I made dinner. My feet started hurting so bad that after dinner I just sat down, feet up, and bumped.  They hurt after I've been sleeping too, like all the fluid collects at night! I just don't get that. 

@zubenescamali There is something mentally wrong with your FIL! I gave up the 5 hour drive to see my sister in July! It's not like you are in VT, and are just driving over to NH, FL is big! And I'm pretty sure the rule of thumb is that family comes to visit you when you have a baby, not the other way around. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Last night H and I went out to a new Indian restaurant about a half mile from our apartment, and then we were going to see Manchester by the Sea. But Google lied, and it was not actually in the theater it said it would be! So we ended up driving back home and watching the last half of Silicon Valley, Season 2.

Today we're up early, trying to get work done in our favorite coffeeshop, and then at ten I've got a breastfeeding class to attend. And hopefully when that's over I can get the Christmas decorations up before Vespers tonight!

Tomorrow will just be church and lazing, or maybe going to get groceries if I'm feeling super ambitious.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    ^^ I LOVE Silicon Valley 

• Options
    @yellingbanana he's just so oblivious. We haven't seen FIL in like 6 years. He's never met his second granddaughter. Yet he flies down to Florida at least once a year. Always wants us to go to them. Not happening. 
  • Options
    @yellingbanana I thought the same thing about my feet in the mornings! Aren't they supposed to be the best at the point in the day? It's an uphill battle at this point. Great reason to not get overly ambitious :)
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My mom has pretty much been here since Rhett was born, she has to go back tomorrow and I am so sad about it. We were planning on moving closer to her and my dad after school is over this semester but that won't be happening now. I'm so homesick and wish I could move closer to them but at the same time I need to finish school. I wish she could stay another week but I know she has work and my siblings and dad to get back to. :(