July 2017 Moms

Are you team green?

2»

Re: Are you team green?

• We are team green this time around but found out with the last two. DH always wanted to wait but I insisted on knowing but I want to switch it up this time. Ironically DH wants to know this time. Of course!

Both times we had the tech write it down so we could select when we wanted to find out. The first time we opened it up after a dinner. The second time I handed it to a baker to make cupcakes and we all bit into them at a family Easter party. I was totally expecting girl and saw blue frosting!
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We will find out because I am too much of a planner to be team green. I  don't really care what sex we have, just want a healthy baby. most of our stuff is gender neutral other  than clothes, but my last baby was a November baby so I won't be able to reuse my son's baby clothes even if this baby is a boy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't wait to find out!! I get how being team green is exciting but it's not for me. H agrees, fortunately. My hunch is it's a boy but that's obviously free of any empiric evidence lol. 
  • I will find out the minute I can!!! My hunch is a girl, but I think that's probably because that's what we're both hoping for (besides just a happy healthy baby, of course).
    TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • edited December 2016
    GoogleMD said:
    We will find out because I am too much of a planner to be team green. I  don't really care what sex we have, just want a healthy baby. most of our stuff is gender neutral other  than clothes, but my last baby was a November baby so I won't be able to reuse my son's baby clothes even if this baby is a boy.
    Lol. I've noticed people around these parts don't like the "I am too much of a planner" reasoning. But I agree with you. 
  • I don't dislike it, I just honestly don't know what it means. Can you explain? @torichantel2005
  • @virginiaunicorn11 I really love decorating the nursery and hanging the baby's name on the wall above the crib.  I guess that's what I mean when I say I'm a planner.  I know I could absolutely do that after baby comes, It just relaxes me when I can say that everything is all set up and ready to go beforehand!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Got it. I am pretty type A so think of myself as a planner. Wanting personalized baby items doesn't fall into the "planning" category for me, but it's probably easier to say it that way. 

I get it! It's not me, but I get it. And am looking forward to seeing pics of your nursery one day, I hope!
  • Other than the name on the wall, I was actually really good about not personalizing things last time, believe it or not ;). I'm glad because all of our big ticket items were grey so I can reuse all of it with this kid.

I met with my midwife for a consult yesterday and she said I'll likely only have one ultrasound total so if we can't tell the sex at the 20 weeks scan then I may end up being team green also, lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So I am too much of a planner, and also a control freak. Which is exactly why I decide to be Team Green, because it's a way of giving up the control for something so monumental, I just roll with the punches for 40 weeks. Ugh that sounds so stupid when I read it out, but it works for me. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • I was team green for both of my girls. It was so so amazing. I highly encourage it for everyone on the fence. This time since my girls are old enough to understand we will find out so that they can be better prepared for the baby and it will be more concrete for them  (and they can work out any gender disappointment beforehand). I'm so so bummed about not being team green, it's seriously awesome.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are team green this time around but found out with the last two. DH always wanted to wait but I insisted on knowing but I want to switch it up this time. Ironically DH wants to know this time. Of course!

Both times we had the tech write it down so we could select when we wanted to find out. The first time we opened it up after a dinner. The second time I handed it to a baker to make cupcakes and we all bit into them at a family Easter party. I was totally expecting girl and saw blue frosting!
    We're definitely going to find out, but I am loving your idea of how you chose to find out. My husband most likely won't be able to go with me to most of my appointments, so I might just steal your idea of having the tech write it down so we can find out together.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are both actually so excited to find out. Team Green didn't cross either of our minds at all. We have nothing against it, of course, but we just both want to know. 

I'm also all about the personalized items and decorated nursery and the name above the crib, so I can't wait to start all of that. :)

@Creedon778 I hadn't thought about having the tech write it down so that H and I could find out later. I think that's an amazing idea! My mom actually wants to do a reveal party, but I don't so much, so maybe that would be a nice compromise for her, as well. 
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I love the idea of team green but I'm a planner that isn't a fan of the gender neutral colours so I need to find out so I can prepare .  I'm really hoping this baby is a girl for the simple reason that I have a boy and if this one is a girl I think I can stick with team green for baby #3 since I will already have all the boy and girl stuff.  
  • Team green all the way!! He isn't happy about it necessarily but we agreed that there is no greater surprise!! We even figured out how to do an amazing neutral peter pan/neverland nursery. So excited for the surprise :-) 
  • I might take some crap for my reasoning but here it goes. I really really want a girl. My mother-in-law insists that my husband's line only has boys so I am terrified I will never have a girl.

So last pregnancy I wanted a girl first just so I wouldn't worry...had a boy. I LOVE my son and believe he was exactly what I needed. But now I need to find out before birth in order to cope with any possible disappoinment. Not that I wont abosolutely adore another son but I will be sad to find out that I am one step closer to maybe to never having a daughter (we only want 3 kids). In the end, I will be happy as long as the baby is healthy but I dont want any disappointment, no matter how silly, to cloud my joy at their birth. Please dont judge me too harshly.

I already feel like this is a boy though so that does help.
  • @ladybray your mil saying that is irritating. 

• @ladybray I love your reasoning because I think there's nothing better than a woman/person who knows her needs and makes sure to address them. It shows strength and maturity. Your MIL's comment is annoying! Wishing you lots of luck and happiness
  • ladybray said:
    I might take some crap for my reasoning but here it goes. I really really want a girl. My mother-in-law insists that my husband's line only has boys so I am terrified I will never have a girl.

So last pregnancy I wanted a girl first just so I wouldn't worry...had a boy. I LOVE my son and believe he was exactly what I needed. But now I need to find out before birth in order to cope with any possible disappoinment. Not that I wont abosolutely adore another son but I will be sad to find out that I am one step closer to maybe to never having a daughter (we only want 3 kids). In the end, I will be happy as long as the baby is healthy but I dont want any disappointment, no matter how silly, to cloud my joy at their birth. Please dont judge me too harshly.

I already feel like this is a boy though so that does help.
    Same, but this is our first and I really only want one!
    My MIL said the same stupid thing, "his family only makes boys", and then DH listed his cousins and they are literally 50/50 lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • I want to be team green. Hubby wants to find out. I know he can't keep a secret so there is no way he would be able to know without sharing it with me or the whole world. Growing up, my parents never found out the gender and it was always fun to find out if we were gonna have a baby brother or sister.
  • @ladybray I have a friend who found out with her second for exactly that reason. It was definitely the right choice for her. No judgment here. 
  • @ladybray no judgement here. When we found out my 3yo was a boy at 20 weeks I was disappointed. I was certain he was a girl. Im glad we found out the gender at that point because I suffer from PPD so that disappointment at birth would have probably worsened the PPD. Finding out at 20 weeks gave me some time to get used to the idea of 3 boys. This time if we find out its a boy it will give me time to cope with never having a little girl.
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @ladybray my husband has 2 step brothers who have zero girls in their family line in the last 5 generations.  Both had boys first and everyone expected the trend to continue.  In 2015 both brothers welcomed daughters within a month of each other so there is always a chance!
  • yellow1daisyyellow1daisy member
    edited December 2016
    Interesting thread! I've enjoyed reading everyone's responses. 

Definitely finding out asap! 

With my first, I wanted a boy but had a feeling it was a girl. Indeed, it was a girl, and she's my favorite thing on earth and wouldn't trade her for all the boys in the land. With #2, I honestly don't care what we have this time, I would love a little sister for my big girl and I feel like I have the girl-mom thing down (plus I make beautiful daughters apparently haha). I have a hunch this is a girl too but we will see. I'm just not a patient person lol. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• We are doing team green. We only like the unisex stuff anyway and we want to be surprised at delivery. Old school lol