1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry

Re: FFFC 12/2

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jkp7749Jkp7749 member
    edited December 2016
    nachos sound soooo good.
  • Options
    My SIL always had (Im assuming still has) her 2 kids on a strict schedule and while I get it, it can be annoying. They come to visit and we can't do anything because its like Breakfast, nap time for #1, lunch, nap time for #2, not enough time to go anywhere, nap time for #1 again, dinner, bed.
    Like I said, I get it but, I wish they could nap in the car somewhere or that they both napped at the same time.

Now, all that being said, I totally plan on having baby on a schedule. I'm just really hoping that napping on the go will be an option and also that I can have some flexibility for things like vacation.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Oh and other SIL has NO schedule and that drives me nuts. She complains that the toddler is cranky, well that's possibly because you skipped nap or you had lunch 2 hours late. Or the toddler wont go to bed till late. Well, when you let her goof off for hours at "bed time" and don't do any sort of routine, I'm not really surprised. 
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @h&pmomma they are driving me crazy about it. We had so many issues - colic, crazy allergies, hospital stays, etc. and we finally have everything straight and she does SO good on her schedule, but the second it's off there are tears all day, she doesn't eat well, and then she wants to stay up all night and screams and screams if I don't hold her. They never have to deal with the aftermath so they push and push and push and make us feel bad for trying to do what is best for her. Some children can deal and some can't and ours is not one who can. With twins coming I will do whatever I have to to keep her schedule and get them on one earlier hopefully if they don't have her same issues. 

@nda_roxybabe  hopefully your child will be able to handle that but if not I promise you will be so thankful or a schedule. Otherwise you won't have time to yourself because it will all be spent rocking a screaming baby, so annoying or not we will keep our schedule. I hope I didn't come across rude, I just hate how they are never understanding about it. She scheduled family pictures on the beach after bedtime and then wondered why my DD screamed for the whole two hours. 
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 Not rude at all. I do understand, I really do. I am just saying it sucks sometimes when you want to hang out with out of town family and that gets in the way. The biggest issue with it too is that everyone gets such a late start or is late wherever we're going so that time is cut even shorter as a result.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Thankfully, we only have one nap a day! but yes, anywhere else is way too stimulating! haha
  • Options
    Jkp7749 said:
    Thankfully, we only have one nap a day! but yes, anywhere else is way too stimulating! haha
    Hey, with twins coming you might have lots of naps in one day! I always figure there's a twin exception to any possible annoyance. Twin parents get passes on pretty much everything as that's got to be a whole new world ;).
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe - I say go have fun without them! And I don't mean it as ugly as it sounds... Honestly, if you make plans and her schedule would prevent her from going - it's HER choice not to participate. (And I say this as a person with a baby who has a moderately strict schedule.)

My FFFC is that I've never seen Frozen. I don't have anything against it, per se, but I don't believe that it can be as good as the CLASSICS (Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin...) 
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 I am really convinced that the people who say the baby will sleep later if you put them to bed later either don't have kids or don't remember having kids, because it's complete bullshit.

Yes!!! In reality they wake up at the same time or earlier in a pissy mood from not getting enough sleep.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    hahaha I know, it's horrible!!! They insist on that EVERY SINGLE TIME we are doing something with them at night. and they say "we kept ours up super late so they'd sleep in in the morning and we could too." That would literally never happen!
  • Options
    emilyalso said:
    @nda_roxybabe -
    My FFFC is that I've never seen Frozen. I don't have anything against it, per se, but I don't believe that it can be as good as the CLASSICS (Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin...) 
    @emilyalso Same here, lol! I thought I was the only one. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    mrsrep123 said:
    emilyalso said:
    @nda_roxybabe -
    Man, that movie has saved my sanity on more than one occasion,  "Gooooo" was one of DD's first words lol.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @emilyalso Unfortunately can't when the plan is typically going to the park or something child related, haha. Her kids are older now and I think the strict routine's are done so now we can be the one throwing a wrench in plans ;)
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    mrsrep123 said:
    emilyalso said:
    @nda_roxybabe -
    Same! 
  • Options
    My FFFC - I left work 4 hours early today. This morning was a mess. I had two dogs throwing up, one with blood in its stool, and a new dog who was supposed to have a play assessment, but we had to send him home because he had tapeworms. Everything seemed stable by lunch time, so I GTFO of there.
  • Options
    My FFFC- I find pregnancy dating really confusing. Weeks I get, I can count Friday to Friday. Its the month and trimesters. My calendars say that now, at 18 weeks I'm in my 5th month and that's so weird to me.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @h&pmomma Moana was so good! I liked the music a lot more than Frozen. 
  • Options
    I thrive so much more with DD's schedule. I was one of the not so flexible people before, until we finally got to 6 months and I was like okay put on your big girl pants, worse case she doesn't do well and we'll just come home. I never looked back since but still make sure to do things around naptime. DD doesn't nap on the go, even on a long drive. We'd be lucky to get even a half hour out of her. I'm crossing all my fingers that this one will be more easygoing and be that kid who can fall asleep anywhere.

• Options
    FFC We're on a weird late sleep schedule simply because I want DD to see DH for more than the 20 minutes before work each day and we also stayed up super late wrapping presents for Christmas last night.

Second confession, I said I'd go small with Christmas, but seeing how few gifts we got for DD (1.5) I want to go shop for more...
  • Options
    I am probably going to have two pieces of cake at our birthday celebration this afternoon at work. And I'm not even going to feel bad. 
  • Options
    My daughter was home sick today so I used it as an excuse to do basically nothing all day. Took a nap and spent pretty much the whole day laying around while she did. Dinner sucks too...velveeta shells and fish sticks. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are totally schedule people!  And my in laws are always super confused by our schedule. Which has been the same for two years. (When younger daughter was an infant, yes, she napped more than that, but I didn't let that affect our "going out" schedule, or we never would have gone anywhere. I just let her nap in the moby!)  
    Every time I see my in laws (at least weekly!) FIL asks when the girls sleep. And then seems shocked by my answer. When they're over at our house and I put them to bed, he's like "you're putting them down already?! Will they sleep? Won't they get up really early?"  (They go down between 630 and 7 and sleep 12 hours! They're sleeping really well!!) Ugh. I think it's because SIL is a total non-schedule person. I feel like whatever works with your family, you run with it and keep doing it as long as the kids are happy!!!  

My FFFC- husband brought home a dozen hot Krispy Kreme doughnuts last night, and I only ate one. And he brought the rest to work with him today. So I'm totally thinking of asking him to go get some more this evening. I feel like I had a huge missed opportunity!! 
  • Options
    @Squirtgun Totally missed opportunity! I'm already looking forward to my Dr. appt in 2 weeks because afterwards, I get to go to the nearby Krispy Kreme. Okay, actually looking forward to it bc its the anatomy scan, but dont get me wrong, I've thought of the added doughnut bonus.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    I wore my cardigan inside out today until I noticed it during my prep hour. This was after I had taught 4 classes. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    @vrj0522 - It very well could be. I'm just a skeptic at this point (not an outright hater :) ). 
  • Options
    We are schedule people with LO but we are flexible with it. DD has always gone to bed at the same time, naps around the same time, gets up at the same time. We got lots of side eyes when she was little but she slept through the night by 6 weeks whichever I really attributed to the same bedtime routine every day.  We have no plans to change the next one. If we have plans in the evening we are a little flexible with when she goes down but we do know that by doing so we risk her being extra grumpy and that's our fault. 

My FFFC -  I haven't taken a prenatal in like 11 weeks. Maybe I'll take one today; probably not. 
                     imageimage
    Anniversary