June 2017 Moms
Options

Discomfort After Eating

Hi guys,

After pretty much every meal I eat (which isn't large), my stomach gets really bloated and uncomfortable for HOURS. Has this happened to anyone, and if so what helped you? It's making me miserable!

Answers

• Options
    n0soup4un0soup4u member
    edited December 2016
    Yes. It's a common thing with pregnancy. Eating small meals more frequently can help. 
  • Options
    Welcome to pregnancy! I find it better to eat several smaller meals throughout the day as opposed to your typical meals. Since everything internally is being pushed upward, it's easier to feel discomfort.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Digestion in general is totally wonky with all the hormones swirling around. Sounds like yours has done the typical slowing down thing that is pretty common. Not much you can do about it, but drink plenty of water, up your fiber, and stay physically active. Also, if your discomfort ever gets painful, call your OB to see what meds are okay to take. 

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• Options
    I know it's not possible after every meal but it helps me to lay down on my side for a few minutes.  I have a 2 1/2 yr old and a FT job so it doesnt happen often but when I can lay down I do! Lol. 
  • Options
    I turn into a total grazer while pregnant. I don't really eat meals. Just a little here, a little there. It definitely helps the discomfort factor. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    After I overeat, I vomit. Only way to get relief. I want to be a grazer but am accustomed to just eating large infrequent amounts. It has been a struggle.
  • Options
    I thought my nausea subsided, but I'm nauseous now. Making box mac n cheese for dinner ,but having hubby pick me up a burger incase it's not enough. Still not eating the healthiest for dinner. ate kale and frozen dinner last night at least . 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    KB00KB00 member
    edited December 2016
    NYCProf said:
    After I overeat, I vomit. Only way to get relief. I want to be a grazer but am accustomed to just eating large infrequent amounts. It has been a struggle.
    Yes! This! I am a teacher (I believe you are too correct?) so I can't snack while I teach and have just one thirty minute break where I can eat. So I stuff my face and then need to throw up. I'm trying to remember that that will only make things worse so I try to eat half my lunch at lunch time and the other half after dismissal. I just started allowing the kids to have a snack time midway through the day so I don't feel guilty eating a snack I front of them (I teach 5th) so that has.helped. But basically I need to sit for a while after I eat otherwise I throw up again. Can't wait for this to pass. It was NOT like this with my first pregnancy. 
  • Options
    Yes! I overeat and vomit to take the edge off OR I have awful GI cramps.  

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I definitely feel gross after eating. Sometimes Tums will settle things down. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    That's exactly what I'm doing now. Eating half and half. It's harder when I'm hungry or eating something I really love like pizza or cheese calzones. I went to a wedding on Saturday and did a good job of controlling portions. On Thursday I'll be 14 weeks. Hoping the nausea fades all together and I can stop taking Diclegis.