Babies on the Brain
Options

Hello Ladies!

Hoping I can sit with you?

I'm obviously out of my mind, because I'm jumping over here from the October 2016 Moms board.

As mentioned, I'm an 016 mom already thinking about another... but wait, there's more! I have a beautiful 5-year-old DD, a 16-month-old DS, my 2 month old LO, and a 9-year-old SS that we have full custody of. So that's a total of four babes already. Although some would say that is clearly plenty of children for one family, I can not help but want to try for ONE more because I would REALLY like one last chance at attempting to give DD a sister.
I got the Nexplanon implant in my arm last month, so there will be no baby magic for three years at the minimum, and I don't think my dear, sweet, loving partner is on board for another afterwards. But I have this relentless yearning to try One. More. Time. I haven't actually discussed this with him, and I know now probably isn't the best time to bring it up anyway (even for "future reference") considering we have a two-month-old and the stress of the holidays approaching. I'm nervous that when I DO finally talk to him about it that he'll say no, and that will break my heart into a million pieces. 
It may sound selfish, but I NEED to try one more time for a girl, just to say I did everything I could. Even if we got another boy, which would still be great, I would have done my best. And then I could happily call myself "done". I can't do that right now, and the idea of being done is so depressing to me at this point. 
I could just be completely neurotic due Post Partum hormones and adjusting to my new birth control- but I really don't see my mind changing on this matter.
I have goals I'd like to reach first, like get back into good shape before even attempting it (having two kids back to back is rough on the ol' body), at the very least have my little boys out of diapers, and I really need to finish getting my degree first as well. What I'm most nervous about is getting H to agree. I feel like I have to keep these feelings bottled up until "the right time", and who knows if that even exists?
You've earned a gold star if you read all of these ramblings! Sorry to show up out of nowhere and post a Dear Diary novel, best wishes to all you gals and thank you in advance for your time :)

Re: Hello Ladies!

• Options
    Welcome.  I can totally relate!
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Options
    I am usually a lurker but I thought I would reply since I can relate. I want to regularly post but I just don't really 'fit' anywhere but here and it hasn't been too active here. I am a mom to 3 boys and I thought after I had my 3rd that I would be done. About a year after he was born I started to think of having one more. I mentioned it to DH and he thought I was nuts. lol He's thought about it and has now come around to the idea. I remember when I told him I wanted a 4th and he said he wasn't ready and might never be my heart sank. It's a horrible feeling.It's been really hard for me to wait. On my time table I'd be pregnant currently or cuddling a baby now but he wasn't ready yet. We hope to start trying this summer. I do think this will be it for me as it will be a 4th csection and the idea of a 5th (csection) is just a little too much for me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome, I'm a lurker too but I can understand the feeling of not wanting to be done. DH and I are going to start ttc in January for number 2, and I have a feeling if we end up with a boy he will want us to be done but I can't even think about it. I don't think there is a magical number, I hope when you do bring it up he is understanding. It is harder than some people understand to try to make life changing decisions with someone else.
  • Options
    Thank you for your replies ladies!

I'm pleased to announce that I casually mentioned 'maybe wanting another baby later' a few days ago, and although he seemed a bit unresponsive at first, last night he said 'if we have a other baby, I can tell you before an ultrasound that it will be another boy. I only make boys.' Therefore, I saw an opportunity to take control of the situation by challenging him and saying 'Nope, it'll be a girl!', now he feels compelled to prove me wrong, which gives me exactly what I want- one more shot ;)

Progress!
  • Options
    Hi! I can somewhat relate.  I had my DS in January 2016. He wasn't exactly planned (or prevented) but my DH has always thought he wanted large gaps between children. I have always disagreed. Since DS will be one next month and I am getting my IUD removed Wednesday I decided it was time to really begin the next baby conversation. I was getting the IUD removed either way because I hate it. (Only used so I could breastfeed and am horrible about remembering the pill) I was so nervous about bringing the subject up, thankfully the IUD removal date was an easy Segway. I was crushed when he first said no, but he was willing to at least entertain the conversation and it did ultimately end with us deciding we will start trying in January. 
    i don't have a plan for how many kids I want I just always knew I wanted more than one and I said I didn't want to do 3 because of the middle child thing (personal feelings. No offense to anyone) so if I had 3 it means I'm going for 4.  I just can't see myself stopping at two. Maybe I'll feel different when I have baby #2. But I just don't think so. I love nothing more than being a mom. Never realized just how much I would love it, but always knew I wanted multiple kids. 
  • Options
    Thank you for your replies ladies!

I'm pleased to announce that I casually mentioned 'maybe wanting another baby later' a few days ago, and although he seemed a bit unresponsive at first, last night he said 'if we have a other baby, I can tell you before an ultrasound that it will be another boy. I only make boys.' Therefore, I saw an opportunity to take control of the situation by challenging him and saying 'Nope, it'll be a girl!', now he feels compelled to prove me wrong, which gives me exactly what I want- one more shot ;)

Progress!
    I am glad that he seems open to future little ones :) I loled at the I only make boys - that is something my DH would say as we have 3 boys and 0 girls (yet ;))
  • Options
    I'm happy he seems open to it now too! FX we both have little ladies in our futures (and get to rub it in the men's faces ;) )
  • Options
    @Jrl10051 Similar situation with you. D15 mom here (though she was stubborn and was born 1/3). Just had my IUD removed two days ago and now just waiting to get AF so I can have a starting point and start to track using FF. At first we were one and done but as DD starting interacting with other kiddos we just couldn't resist a second. I too never thought I would love the mom hood (or newborns for that matter) but I am over the moon in love with every second of it! So here we are, TTC #2! 

@AllyTheKid @glitzandglitter Fx for your little ladies :smiley: 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think I've commented on this board at all (if so then maybe once?), but I can relate on the "I only make boys" thing. However, DH desperately wants a daughter and it's more of an acceptance thing, not bragging that he only makes boys, lol. I'm an M16 (born Feb 28 though) mom, right around 9.5 months here, and I totally have baby fever. DH and I originally agreed to discuss it when DS is 1.5, but I'm going to bring it up around DS's first birthday. Hope your DH is really open to the idea of another!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18