June 2017 Moms

Finding Out?

Hey ladies! My hubs and I were team green the first go round and now we are debating finding out. I really enjoyed not knowing last time but this time I'm leaning towards knowing. Has anyone else been team green and then found out the next go round? Which was better? What are the perks of each option? The morbid part of me wants to hold off on knowing because I feel like I would be less attached and heartbroken if the unspeakable happens. The excited part of me wants to decorate a nursery and start picking things out. 

Re: Finding Out?

• I found out with my first and didn't with my second.  Both are fun.  I did feel less prepared with my second so this time we are finding out again.  Plus I want to prepare my DD for what it will be becauSe she really wants a sister (my second is a boy).  Finding out in the delivery room is definitely special and I'm glad I experienced it once.  
  • We were Team Green with both of our daughters. I never felt unprepared at all and absolutely loved being Team Green. 

We're done after this one; DH is getting snipped this summer. That makes me want to find out. A quarter of our attic space is currently designated to hand me downs; if we're having a boy I'd rather get rid of it all now, rather than once there's a fifth person in the house. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We were Team Green with both our boys.  I'm a "planner" but felt like I was "planning for a baby" either way so I liked not knowing.  This time I don't know how I feel, though.  Right now I'm 75% Team Green and 25% finding out and that changes, sometimes even reverses, daily. 

Even though we did the NIPT, we will still get an envelop at the anatomy scan and have it in our home in case we waver towards finding out.  We did that for the first two and the envelops stayed sealed in a drawer in our home until after the birth.  This time, I promised my friend that if we do end up wanting to know, we will give her the envelop and she can show up randomly at our house and spray us with "the color" silly string.  

...even now thinking about knowing, makes me not want to know!  I guess this stream of conscious just proves that its totally a personal decision and you make the best one for you! 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• #1 We found out. I liked the idea of planning. 
    #2 Was a homebirth baby, so I didn't want to know. I wanted the anticipation to help me handle labor at home. It worked pretty darn well. 
    #3 Twins... so I'm finding out. I like surprises, but that's too much surprise lol
  • •Team Green with #1 DD (I was so sure she was a girl that I didn't even ask the Dr after she was born)

•Found out with #2 DS (I felt like it was a boy but I didn't want my husband to wait until the delivery room to be disappointed if it was another girl) 

•Team Green with #3 bc it's our last and we are prepared for either (plus hubby will be deployed for the anatomy scan) I am convinced that this is another girl. I really would love to have no inclination and actually be surprised for once lol 

Im a planner and type A by nature but when it comes to babies I feel like it's one of life's few surprises :) 

• First one found out. I did only register for neutral (beiges) baby stuff, even though I knew. I knew weren't finished trying and to me I hate all pink and blue anyway. 

Second one we did not find out. I thought I was going to be impatient and have a hard time with it, but it was cool. The moment they said "boy" in the delivery room was different for my husband than it wa ms for me though. I was concerned with other things lol! My husband thought it was the coolest thing ever.

both have their pros and cons. I am glad I did it both ways.   

We have decided team green this time because I liked both, and it was such an amazing experience for my husband. It meant more to him not to find out, than for me to find out. 
  • Found out w first 2 and with the 3rd we didn't....I prefer finding out. Especially for my husband bc he said he feels like he can bond a little more when he knows the sex. 
    Need a good read? There's a new blogger in town... www.thepinningmama.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • with #1 DH didn't want to find out and I did.  so I pulled the "I have to birth it, we're finding out" card, and told him he could decide for #2.  Well he wound up liking knowing and wanting to know this time, which is good because I was going to overrule him if he decided to not find out this time anyway.  :-)

SIL didn't find out with either of her boys, and she enjoyed that for #1 but kind of regretted it with #2 - she just really really wanted to know that time.  I don't know if she'll have a third, but i'll be interested to see what she decides to do.

• We were team green with #1 but this this we will be finding out.  I'm hoping finding out will help me decide vbac or csection because it may determine if our family is complete or not.  Also if it's a boy we would like the time to plan and buy a few clothes.
    DD: born August 2014
    BFP #2: 10/10/16
    Pregnancy Ticker