May 2017 Moms

Anticipating PT Labor?

anyone else out there anticipating preterm labor? My husband and I aren't very good at contraceptives so we are having our 3rd baby in a row (as in, we've ended up pregnant asap after each other babe has come.) My last pregnancy had a lot of preterm labor, shots and drugs etc to keep me until 38weeks yadda yadda and it all started with contractions at 24weeks. Well now I'm 14 weeks and I had my first contraction a couple of days ago. My doc is confident that we can keep baby safe and in there if things go south since everything they did to stop my last preterm labor worked, but I'm still nervous to go through it all again. I've got 2 kids at home and work 2 jobs. 

Anyone else in a similar boat? 

Re: Anticipating PT Labor?

• Yikes. Definitely not anticipating it, I hope not to have any PL
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Hi.  New here? Tell us a little bit about yourself so we can get to know you. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't relate because my first two came on time (one was 4 days early and the other 4 days late) but I did JUST write a post about braxton hicks contractions because I swear I started feeling them this week, which seems super early.

If I were you with your history I would likewise be concerned, but in case it helps, I do understand that women tend to get more early contractions (but not necessarily early labor) in successive pregnancies. I definitely got more braxton hicks with #2 than #1 and the contractions were more painful (and therefore more confusing re: labor!) But she was the one who came 8 days later than her brother.

I hope that everything ends up being smooth sailing for you, or at least that you are able to keep the baby inside until 38+ weeks like last time. I'm sure it's stressful with two very little ones at home!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• If you search "progesterone shots" or "premature baby" some threads should pop up with a few good conversations for information. I have had two kiddos early, and am expecting to start progesterone at my next appointment to hopefully keep this little guy in longer. In my case, though, I had no signs of labor proceeding being in full blown labor. (1st about 5ish hours of labor, second less than 2) So, I don't really have any info on early contractions, sorry. 
  • Good to know! That was the weird thing about my last pregnancy, the early contractions were sometime Braxton Hicks but sometimes progressive ones that eventually put me in labor at 34weeks. I was a gaping 4cm for my last month of pregnancy
  • I HAVE had a lot of cramping already, but that might be normal? I'm 15 weeks now, I'll discuss it with my doc again in 3 weeks. 
  • I posted about this awhile back. See if a search brings it up. Lots of ladies here have all sorts of different experiences. 

BabyFruit Ticker