November 2016 Moms

WTF Wednesday - 11/30/16

This is my son who is so particular he can't pee and poop in the same diaper. 

Re: WTF Wednesday - 11/30/16

• SandNStarsNJSandNStarsNJ member
    edited November 2016
    This one goes out to my leave replacement who full well knows I had a baby Friday, is also a mom, and yet wants to call and chat about her responsibilities every damn day this week. It's your job now. Do it. I have an adorable newborn to coddle. 

ETA: Oh, autocorrect. 
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • WTF? I'll thought I was having a November baby, but the odds aren't looking good. Grr!
  • Loading the player...
  • This one goes out to my leave replacement who full well knows I had a baby Friday, is also a mom, and yet wants to call and chat about her responsibilities every damn day this week. It's your job now. Do it. I have an adorable newborn to coddle. 

ETA: Oh, autocorrect. 
    Agreed. I had a phone call yesterday that could have been handled easily by calling my office instead. So frustrating. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • H has been super awesome but today he just wanted to play on his phone texting friends all morning. I was like dude I need to pump and then an hour later finally got to once he stopped messing around 
  • WTF I am still pregnant. 41 weeks today.  December, here we come. 
  • @khartnell & @kmmnocal - I hope they're early December babies (or by midnight tonight)!
  • WTF to my Breasts! I'm pretty sure I have a clogged duct on the right breast. I've been running a low grade fever for two days and the clog is close to the nipple which is making it hard for LO to nurse (super fun at 3am). As if cracked and sore nipples isn't frustrating enough, now this. Ugh!!!!
  • WTF I'm still pregnant. AND we have new insurance starting tomorrow. Hooray! More paperwork.
  • Wtf - I got "real" sleep last night! :smiley:

• This is probably going to come off as completely entitled, but hopefully someone can relate. 
    Ok...DH has this super kooky aunt. She is just...odd. She regularly drops off "stuff" at our house that she tries to convince us we need/can use, when really it's just junk she wants to get rid of. She has no children and is utterly clueless on social norms, what would be appropriate for children, etc. 
    So, highlights from visit today:
    - brought me a stained shirt (she acknowledged stains) that's about 3 sizes too big and a "new" (except obviously not) tank, also about 3 sizes too big because apparently you need to wear a tent after having a baby
    - bought new baby a "first Christmas" outfit....except 2 sizes too big because "well, he was 9 lbs!"
    - is insisting on taking both our boys (ages 3 and 1 week) for a weekend to "give us a break". A. No. B. No because you have zero idea how to take care of a child. C. No because I'm breastfeeding. D. No because you live an hour away. E. No because DS1 hasn't even slept over @ my in-laws and I'm not opening up that argument. 
    - made a bunch of food for us. So nice right?  Well, she left it in her car overnight and "it's probably frozen"....uh, no. It didn't even get that cold last night!  She just honestly has no clue and now I have to figure out if this food is safe to eat. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @atcwag this actually made me laugh. I totally feel you. Sometimes people really mean well but you really just want to say "you're kidding, right?". My MIL is just like this. And she's coming down next Friday for the weekend and I'm dreading it. I had to have DH talk her out of buying some seriously impractical things that we don't want so she doesn't waste her money already. 
    It's awful hard to smile and say thank you when you're full of hormones and all you want to do is throw it at her. 
  • atcwag said:
    - bought new baby a "first Christmas" outfit....except 2 sizes too big because "well, he was 9 lbs!"
    - is insisting on taking both our boys (ages 3 and 1 week) for a weekend to "give us a break". A. No. B. No because you have zero idea how to take care of a child. C. No because I'm breastfeeding. D. No because you live an hour away. E. No because DS1 hasn't even slept over @ my in-laws and I'm not opening up that argument. 

These two are my MIL and the second also goes for my SIL. What's with these people?!?

And a WTF to my darling husband - tell me you're "just tired" one more time and I swear I will wake you up and drag you to the baby's room every time I have to get up. 
  • My husband is the king of the "I'm tired" crap. also the "I have the sniffles so I must be dying" crap. I never wake him at night either. so I hear ya @SandNStarsNJ