June 2017 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change - 11/30

For those with an EDD of 6/7, 6/14, 6/21, and 6/28.

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointment updates?

Any new symptoms or changes?  

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: How far do you live from your hometown? Is it a good or bad thing?

Me: 36;  DH: 38
DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
**TW**
MMC & D&C Aug 2016

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change - 11/30

• How far along are you? 
    11 weeks! 

How big is baby? 
    A poker chip...which is kind of unbelievable to me. I don't care how many times you do this, it's as amazing to think about the process of it all every single time.

Appointment updates?
    No appointment until Mid-Dec.

I went to bed at 8 last night, and I have generally been staying up until 11-12 comfortably. So I guess I was exhausted yesterday!  My boobs are definitely growing. And I developed an internal (painless but exceptionally bloody) hemorrhoid last week, so that is awesome.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    My kids know now (told them on Thanksgiving) so the realness of the pregnancy is setting in and that is really fun.

I grew up about an hour from where I live now. I don't have a super close family and I don't have tons of friends from high school so it's totally fine.

Me: 36;  DH: 38
    DD: 7; DS1: 4; DS2 due 6-21-17!
    **TW**
    MMC & D&C Aug 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 14 weeks... Helllllllllo second tri!

How big is baby? Troll or a peach. almost 3.5 inches long.

Appointment updates? Nope. Next appointment is right before Christmas.

Any new symptoms or changes? I feel great. I've been craving fruit and yogurt which I am fine with. Better then the McDonalds Breakfast burritos I had to have with DD.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just making it to second tri!

GTKY: How far do you live from your hometown? Is it a good or bad thing? I still live in my home town. I have lived in 5 houses but all in the same city. No intentions on leaving as I am a business owner.
  • Sirius37Sirius37 member
    edited November 2016
    How far along are you? 
    11 weeks 

How big is baby? 
    A bee hummingbird

Appointment updates?
    NT scan and 12 week appt next Friday!

Nothing really; still mild nausea and headaches.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    DH is sick with a respiratory thing and keeps coughing through the night. I feel so bad for him (I know just how bad that can be) but I'm having a hard time sleeping which is enhancing the fatigue and headaches. Oy vey. He took the day off from work so hopefully extra rest will help him out. ....I hope I don't get sick. It makes me very nervous while still in the first trimester.

We moved to a couple a places when I was a kid (all on the same Peninsula). The place I consider my hometown (not the last place I lived before college) is about 4-5 hours away from where I am currently, which is too far for my liking. The last place I lived (where my parents still live) is about 2.5 hours away. The only reason it's good to be that close is that I get to see my family. Otherwise it could be on the other side of the globe....which I would prefer.

Edit: Forgot words
  • How far along are you? 12w

How big is baby? A plum

Appointment updates? I have my NT scan on Friday.

Any new symptoms or changes?  Starting to feel more myself (although I still have moments!), but my back is killing me!  The same thing happened around this time with DD.  As all the muscles start relaxing and things are really shifting, I have an old spinal injury and a disc that slips out of place from time to time.  Ohhhhh the pain.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nada

GTKY: How far do you live from your hometown? Is it a good or bad thing?  8 miles!  In fact, DH grew up 8 miles away in a different direction too so I guess we are pretty close to home.  My parents just sold the house I grew up in and retired up north about 2 hours away.  I still have some family and my closest friends left in the area, but we're looking to sell our house next spring anyway (cause who doesn't want the stress of moving while getting ready to have a baby).
  • bergberg member
    edited November 2016
    @Yailani23 DH and I also moved from NJ (we lived there our whole lives) to Western Mass in August... quinky dink ;)
    @Elyse1384 I actually was bummed when we moved in August that I wasn't pregnant yet solely because I didn't want to help move.  I hate moving so much.  We ended up getting movers since it was a multi-state move and DH was terrified to drive a Uhaul over the GW bridge.

ETA: words are hard

• How far along are you? 13 weeks

How big is baby? A lemon 

Appointment updates? I had an appointment today. All was good, our little guy was moving around so much that the doctor had a hard time pinpointing his heartbeat. He takes after my husband already!! 

Any new symptoms or changes?  I finally have an appetite! The past few days, I've had 3 meals a day and I'm feeling more human. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: How far do you live from your hometown? Is it a good or bad thing? 5 minutes away, lol. DH and I hate the fact that we live so close to both of our hometowns. 
  • How far along are you? 11 weeks

How big is baby? 4cm according to the OB yesterday so...lego man, poker chip. 

Appointment updates? I had my first "real" OB visit yesterday. It went well and we got a video of babe moving around!

Any new symptoms or changes?  nausea seems to be on it's way out, slowly, but it's less than it was last week. I'm really tired all the time and headaches off an on. Trying to pump lots of water. Ooooh and sciatica pain. Yippee!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Has anyone started showing yet? We should do HDBD if so!

GTKY: I live about two hours north of where I grew up. I love being close to my parents after moving away for college and graduate school. Especially now with a baby on the way.
  • slssls member
    edited December 2016
    Augh, I'm late. Ah well.

How far along are you? 
    13w1d

How big are babies? 
    Lemons!

Appointment updates?
    I went to my family dr yesterday, and she said that she has a disproportionately large number of families with twins in her practice. Aha! Now we know who to blame.

The morning sickness was gone for most of last week... And now it's back. :-( I'm on diclectin, so it's "just" nausea, no vomiting, but it's so draining.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I finished the baby registry today, and I'm feeling extra excited about being done so early. I have no idea if we will get anything, but it would be nice since twins are... twice as expensive. At least we have about half of what we need?

I am about 900 miles from my hometown, and one country north. I never kept in touch with friends after high school, and I never had ma y of them, so it's really a non issue. I guess it would have been nice to be close to people, but I was the nerdy smart girl, so that wasn't in the cards.
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing