June 2016 Moms

Out of town trips

My LO hasn't gone out of town with us since he was 2 months old, in which it was easy because he would sleep everywhere and on the go. We took him again at 4 months, but we had friends watch him while we shopped because he no longer naps on the go.
My question is, how do you guys do it to go out of town for the day and let LO take in two naps of 1hr each? My son may fall asleep in the car, but as soon as we take him down, he wakes up. We love shopping in the city 2 hours away. We know he'll sleep on the ride over.

Re: Out of town trips

• My LO hasn't gone out of town with us since he was 2 months old, in which it was easy because he would sleep everywhere and on the go. We took him again at 4 months, but we had friends watch him while we shopped because he no longer naps on the go.
    My question is, how do you guys do it to go out of town for the day and let LO take in two naps of 1hr each? My son may fall asleep in the car, but as soon as we take him down, he wakes up. We love shopping in the city 2 hours away. We know he'll sleep on the ride over.
    If it is a day out, I just mentally prepare for short naps. He will nap in the car and eventually pass out in the stroller for a bit while out and about and I make due with that....Not ideal but I'll take it!
  • My LO hasn't gone out of town with us since he was 2 months old, in which it was easy because he would sleep everywhere and on the go. We took him again at 4 months, but we had friends watch him while we shopped because he no longer naps on the go.
    If it is a day out, I just mentally prepare for short naps. He will nap in the car and eventually pass out in the stroller for a bit while out and about and I make due with that....Not ideal but I'll take it!
    Same. She'll either nap in the stroller or car seat and I just expect short naps and try for extra naps or an early bedtime when we get home.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm thinking of taking little bubs to Six Flags Fiesta TX for the Holiday in the park. I'm wondering if that's a good idea. Now of course, we're not going to put him on roller coasters, but I think he'd like to see the christmas lights. It is a two-hour journey
  • I'm thinking of taking little bubs to Six Flags Fiesta TX for the Holiday in the park. I'm wondering if that's a good idea. Now of course, we're not going to put him on roller coasters, but I think he'd like to see the christmas lights. It is a two-hour journey
    My only concern would be that its too loud, does San Antonio have a park that they deck out in Christmas lights? If you don't think it would then why not, Charlotte loves looking at all the lights on the neighbors houses. Too bad it's too cold to take her for a walk, oh well. If you go I hope it's a blast! 
  • We are in Houston and they do lighting at the zoo and it is made for the little ones. Check to see if there is something like that. I know the River walk is lit at night and that can be beautiful