Pregnant after IF

How did you survive the wait from betas to first u/s? **Loss Mentioned**

Good morning! I'm new to this board and being very cautious as I'm just 6 weeks today. How did you ladies survive the time between your betas and your first ultrasound - I'm finding this to be even worse than the TWW! My beta numbers were, according to my RE, great: 486 11dp5dt; 1649 13dp5dt and 4022 15dp5dt. I told myself if that 3rd beta came back with great numbers I'd stop freaking out. However, two days ago my gf who had her transfer 10 days ahead of me went in for her u/s and found out the baby didn't make it. Now I know all pregnancies are different but it's still thrown me into a tailspin. We both did PGS testing so we know they embryo was normal and we both have had no symptoms other than sore boobs, which I mainly attribute to the PIO, so you can see how my mind wanders. Any tips other than stay busy and off google? :)
*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
EDD 7/25/17
Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches

Re: How did you survive the wait from betas to first u/s? **Loss Mentioned**

• First, congratulations on great beta numbers! I know it's super super hard not to worry. I was constantly freaking out myself and I don't think I relaxed until mid-way through the pregnancy. The worrying never goes away really. The best advice I can give you is stay off google, don't google random symptoms (I was guilty of this for sure) and fill your head with worry when everything is going well. I felt like every time I went on google there was another random story of some horrible pregnancy story, loss or miscarriage, etc. It definitely didn't help my anxiety. Keep busy and think positive. You're pregnant! Good luck at your ultrasound and hopefully all continues to go well for you! 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• Don't read google, and understand that everyone's IVF journey is different (no matter how similar they may seem). For me the time went rather quickly, but after trying for so long, a few weeeks strangly seemed easy. I think we did our first us sooner than a lot though. Keep yourself busy and plan lots of projects!
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I remember that being a tough week. Luckily I had my first ultrasound at 5+6, so I wasn't kept waiting too long. I suggest getting into a book series or tv show that you can binge. Those are the only things that helped me. I had a previous MMC, so the waiting was terrible because all I could think about was having another one. I hope the time doesn't drag on too long!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Hello! I had a bunch of pregnancy tests left over, so if I was feeling nervous I would take one.  It made be feel better to see a nice a dark second line.
    Married Jan. 2014
    Me:36 DH: 39
    TTC since August 2014, Mild PCOS + uterine fibroids
    Myomectomy June 2015- 18 fibroids removed
    IVF #1, May 2016 = 32 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized, 7 frozen, 3 PGS normal
    FET#2, July 2016 = one embryo transferred 
    TRIGGER
    BFP! Beta = 617
    Due date = 4/9/17
    Delivery date = 3/20/17
  • Thanks, ladies! It's crazy how much waiting this is. And @vssbrm you are so right that, after all the waiting we've done thus far, this short wait should seem easy peasy. I had thought it would be!

@cmm012  that was TOTALLY going to be my plan until I thought about the fact that it will still show positive until the HCG was out of my system - most likely after the u/s :)
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • @byrneme - It's good to see you on this side of the forum, I think you were on August/September IVF with me. That wait for the ultrasound was by far the hardest wait I had in this process. It is worth the wait though, if you get an early ultrasound it probably won't help alleviate the anxiety because you wont see a heartbeat. I am 14 weeks and 3 days today and I get anxious between my appointments still. I think it is the maternal instinct in us and everything we have invested emotionally, physically and financially into just getting pregnant. Once I hit the 2 week mark between appointments I get anxious. It will all be worth it and you are pregnant.... just keep telling yourself that. Congrats!!!!

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• I'd like to tell you that the worrying will ebb away, unfortunately it won't. Not even when you get checked every other day like I did in the end.
    I had acupuncture between my positive test (i only had 1 beta) and the ultrasound.
    As I had bleeding early on I did get an ultrasound between week 5 & 6, but still went to my acupuncturist as she just knew how to get me to relax. 
    I also had lots of fun planned.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @kelrauh  - congratulations!! Twins! That's awesome :)  Yes, I had my retrieval the same day as you but we did PGS testing so I did an FET nearly two months later, speaking of waiting!! I 100% agree on the early u/s - I will be at 7 weeks when I have mine so I should, FX, be good in the heartbeat aspect. I just didn't anticipate the anxiety with this wait! I did try to pull a 4th beta test to 'calm the crazy' as I say but my RE said to not worry, my numbers were great and without a medical reason my insurance wouldn't likely cover it. So I was talked off the ledge and am trying to just stay busy and not over analyzi everything. Which is SO much easier said than done!!!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • I have nothing to add except sympathy! I only had two betas and then the ultrasound at 7 weeks and I SWEAR that time felt like it stretched out over 92837458726345 months. Time went like molasses until I was about 11 weeks, after that it has sped up a little. Hang in there! 
  • I posted a very similar thread when I had this wait!! Oh man I feel you. And I only had 2 early betas (10dpt and 12dpt), my RE wouldn't do a 3rd, so I felt like I had very minimal reassurance. What helped me was reminding myself of a few facts: that once a PGS tested embryo implants, your chances of live birth are so significantly higher than non PGS tested embryos and even natural pregnancies. Chromosomal abnormalities account for 60% of losses. Another reason for loss is low progesterone, which your RE is checking anyway, so that rules that one out. That rules out the 2 most common causes of miscarriage. I know it's so hard but try not to compare yourself to your friend. She is definitely an exception to the rule!

Im a huge worrier and I have to constantly remind myself to stop. Worrying makes us suffer when there is nothing solid to suffer over. If something bad happens, let the bad feelings in then. Not before! Let's enjoy life when nothing bad has happened! You are pregnant!!! Congrats!! :smiley:
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Thanks @wifeinraleigh28 - it sure is good to see your 'face' on this board, I think we were on some IUI boards together last year :) The words are extremely encouraging/comforting as well. I'm feeling in a better place after taking everyone above's advice. One day at a time and BE HAPPY!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • @byrneme Yes! I believe we were in May IUI together and Aug/Sep IVF! I'm so glad we have both graduated now! :smiley:
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @byrneme - congratulations!!!

I had them draw additional betas for peace of mind. I had like 5 draws total spaced out by a few days. In between I did use pregnancy tests on days I was super anxious (I have diagnosed anxiety issues which made it even more fun). It is super hard and I have no advice on how to deal with it.

It unfortunately didn't get any better even after the first, second or fifth US for me!  I'm still constantly worried. On the lighter side of things, when I was telling my mom (who has a way worse IF history than me) how anxious I am all the time about the baby and when it would get better, she was super helpful (not) & told me she's still waiting for it to get better (I'm 37).

Hang in there!!!

DH :  36, has Chronic Kidney Disease, on dialysis & is waiting on the transplant list (average wait for B+ is 5 years)

Me:   36, Hypothyroidism, PCOS, BMI 32, need to be done with "child bearing" ASAP so that I can be a Kidney donor (was fun realizing we didn't as much time as we thought :-/ )

We're TTC#1

IUI #1 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + Ovidrel Trigger + Had the one follicle = BFN  (March 2014)

IUI #2 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + 150 iu Bravelle on CD9 (after much begging!) + Had the one follicle = BFN (April 2014)

7th May 2014 - changed REs, this one seems to care (we think....)

IUI #3 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 3 follicles (2 under 15mm) = BFN(May 2014)

IUI #4 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 1 follicle + DH gave best sample so far = BFN(June 2014)

IVF#1 -  ER Only Cycle Sept-Oct 2014, 17  eggs Retrieved, 14 mature, 10 fertilized, 6 made it to Blast & post PGS  5 were not viable due to chromosomal abnormalities
    Not sure where we go from here...

We're parents to two very adorable, bratty, affectionate & goofy Bernese Mountain Dog pups who would very much like a 2 legged baby brother or sister of their own!

• ddvj79 said:
    @byrneme - congratulations!!!

I had them draw additional betas for peace of mind. I had like 5 draws total spaced out by a few days. In between I did use pregnancy tests on days I was super anxious (I have diagnosed anxiety issues which made it even more fun). It is super hard and I have no advice on how to deal with it.

It unfortunately didn't get any better even after the first, second or fifth US for me!  I'm still constantly worried. On the lighter side of things, when I was telling my mom (who has a way worse IF history than me) how anxious I am all the time about the baby and when it would get better, she was super helpful (not) & told me she's still waiting for it to get better (I'm 37).

Hang in there!!!
    I agree with your mom! My daughter is 8.5months old now, and I still worry. Safe sleeping, choking as they learn to eat, illness... it's one big ball of anxiety. 
    On that note, it's best to learn to push past your fears, and live in the moment or you won't be living at all. ❤️