September 2016 Moms
Options

Rolling over

Elias rolled over for the first time today and it was a complete surprise! He's never even tried before. I don't need him growing up any faster than he already is so he better slow down! 

Re: Rolling over

• Options
    Was it from front to back or back to front? Xavier hates tummy time so much I'm bad at making him do it. I need to get better at it so he doesn't get behind on those milestones. Elias is a champ!!!
  • Options
    Dylan rolled over front to back at like 4 weeks and did it for about 2 weeks but has since stopped. I think because he likes tummy time more now, I think he is going to be a stomach sleeper. When he is on his back he will make it to his side but doesn't really try to till over. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was just thinking about this the other day and how LO is more than happy to put zero effort into rolling over, haha! I'm okay with it, 3rd baby, she's content to just sit back and watch the chaos.

• Options
    Belly to back. @jenkar01 my first baby was rolling over back to belly at 11 weeks but Elias was so lazy I wasn't expecting this for a while lol 
  • Options
    Mine has no desire to even try to do this. During tummy time, she lifts herself up and just watches everything. I need to push more!  :#
  • Options
    @ab920 mine has no desire either! I'm not too concerned, they'll get there!!
  • Options
    Lol my LO was so close yesterday... then got stuck halfway and I had to rescue her. Tummy time is just a struggle right now with constant screaming so we actually don't attempt this very often. She will get there when she's ready I figure.
  • Options
    Molly rolled over twice two days ago. I couldn't believe it. First time was in her crib. She wouldn't nap so I thought what if I put her on her tummy, well she rolled over (as much as she could from the middle of the crib) and then did it again during tummy time. I only caught part on video as I was grabbing my phone to take pics and she was already halfway there! She hasn't done it since though...
  • Options
    Update: Elias is now rolling over from back to belly! He's also losing hair on one side of his head and it looks like he's an old man. Lol 
  • Options
    How old is he now? My LO is now rolling onto his side from his back as of 2 days ago. He will be 3 months on Xmas Eve. I'm guessing that means my LO will be rolling over soon?
  • Options
    He turned 3 months on the 7th! So yes! Possibly :) Elias has been rolling onto his side for about 3 weeks- a month ago 
  • Options
    Crazy! This is my first baby and it is fun to finally see milestones being hit rather than him just eating sleeping and pooping! Worth the wait!
  • Options
    Well Xavier is finally doing tummy time so maybe we'll be rolling over soon. He will be 4 months on new year's day but was almost a month early.
  • Options
    My LO will be 4 months on new years as well and is consistently rolling on her side but has no intention of continuing into her stomach. She hates tummy time but is starting to tolerate it more so maybe she will roll over soon. I'm not to concerned about it I'm just getting tired of being on stand by with the camera as I feel bad DH may miss it. I have a lot of video of her laying on her back because I thought she was gonna roll that time ! Lol 
  • Options
    I swear he will be sitting before he rolls over. He loves to sit on our laps or propped up on the couch. He will just sit and play while taking everything in.
  • Options
    @jenkar01 mine hates tummy time and I'm bad at making him do it. I try a couple times a week, but only for a minute or two. I also feel like he will sit before he rolls. He loves standing/sitting in our laps, and has infant chair, as well as a bouncer thing he likes. Overall he likes to be upright when doing anything. When he's laying down he likes to grab our fingers and pull himself up into a sitting position. 
  • Options
    jennlynn777jennlynn777 member
    edited January 2017
    Luke finally started rollling over this weekend! For my kiddo once they start rolling over then crawling isn't a long way off. All of my kiddos were walking at 9 months so this is right on track! I love seeing him learn new things. Once he figured out how to roll over he started army crawling hahaha :-)

• Options
    We finally got a roll a while ago, and then never again. She just doesn't care! I had a friend tell me that their 3rd baby crawled and walked the latest out of all three because the older kids catered to her so much. They'd bring her whatever she wanted, ha! I can totally see how that would happen!
  • Options
    Xavier has rolled a few times but seriously shows no interest in tummy time or rolling over. Now sitting up is a whole other thing. We recently got a Bumbo type seat for him and he loves it. He can't sit unassisted but loves sitting in our laps or on the couch. Still think this kid will not roll over until after he sits up.
  • Options
    She has been rolling from front to back for a while now but this morning was the first time she rolled completely from back to front on her own. She has showed no interest in doing it again all day. I do notice during tummy time that she is trying to wiggle forward...I don't know if I'm ready for a crawler! Everything in our house is hard and pointy!! 

We got a bumbo a while ago. She spends the whole time tying to get out of it! 
  • Options
    We have a Bumbo and a Prince Lionheart seat but Luke doesn't really like either of them and prefers sitting in the high chair and playing with his toys. The bumbo really helped my girls strengthen their back muscles so he gets a few minutes a day like the yummy time. I can't wait for him to start crawling! He is getting so strong!
  • Options
    Dylan loves his bumbo.....but now his thighs are getting too big and he gets stuck in there lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Molly is getting a lot better at tummy time. She rolls front to back but not back to front.