Secondary IF

quick Intro- I'm kind of new

Hi there all! I've been on a few different boards in the past. My latest one being on the mc/preg loss board. I unfortunately had an ectopic in which I lost one of my tubes. Before that, we had been trying for a 2nd child for about a year til we sought for help and found that I had to have a polyp removed. Fast fwd to today, after waiting to heal, and lots of waiting, we've tried IUI twice. 1st was a "wasted month" since I was ovulating from my "bad side" and the last one which was actually from the "good side" but somehow didn't catch. Our Doc had reccomended that if we could help it, to skip the IUI/clomid and hop straight to IVF to possibly avoid another Ectopic. We decided we'd give the IUI/clomid 3 shots first. This last cycle that we actually had a good shot- I had spotting before my period came. It dawned on both of us that this could be another Ectopic. Scared to go through that again, we decided to heck wth it and let's try this whole IVF thing. I am totally fascinated by the process and how it all works. So I'm pretty postitive about it. Still learning though. I hope to learn more from all of you and give support back as best as I can. It took me a while to get back here and be in a support group again. I have one question regarding screening for Chromosomal abnormalities( I can't remember the abbreviated name for it). What's the trend these days? Go for it if you can? Or most people skip it? I've read many different things about it and all seems positive. The only fear we have is that A-The extra cost and B- That your messing with the embryos more. Let me know your thoughts on that. Appreciate any responses and baby dust to all of you! :)

Re: quick Intro- I'm kind of new

• @mamma1614 - It looks like you're still active and dealing with Secondary fertility - looks like there are a few of us here now, hoping we can start making the board a bit more active!
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Thanks @pawcall for reaching out! I would love to be more involved again. Much has changed since I last posted this, well, unfortunately not for the better (not yet pregnant). I am now at the point of waiting for my second transfer, last one didn't catch. Will look out for your posts or anybody else active on here and hope to be supportive or helpful in any way I can! ~~hugs~
  • Loading the player...
  • @mamma1614 - I'm so sorry t hear that your first transfer didn't work out.  I hope this is your cycle!  I am not an IVF patient (I'm on IUI #2) so I am not as familiar with the process - what's it like?  Did you end up going for the genetic screening?
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

•  I didn't do the pgs because we felt a- it wasn't necessary because of my age and my Dr. said I don't really need it. and B- we didn't like the idea of them messing even more with the embryos than necessary and c- we didn't want to have to wait longer to get it done (I think they said it was an extra month or two for them to do it) and lastly, the extra cost. Good luck with your IUI's! hope you don't have to go through anything further after!