July 2017 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Brain

Ok, let's hear the funny pregnancy brain stories. 

Re: Pregnancy Brain

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went with MIL, two SIL's, my two dd's and niece to the movies the other day and had to run back home to make sure I turned the burner off on my stove (MIL looked at me like I was nuts, that is so very unlike me.) 
  • Options
    I keep forgetting people's names.  It's embarrassing.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    Last week I forgot my own SSN.  I could remember DH's but not mine.  I've only had it memorized for the past 20 years...

Age 35, H 34

Married 5/09

Pregnancy #1, IUI, MMC, D&C Feb 2012

Pregnancy #2,IUI, MMC, D&C July 2012

Pregnancy #3 IUI, BFP 10/25/12 - Two heartbeats on the U/S!

Twin Girls! C (6/24/13) and E (6/24/13-5/20/15)

Surprise BFP! 10/23/16, EDD 7/2/17

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't remember it starting this early during my last two pregnancies, but I already feel like an idiot at least 5 times a day!
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Found my chocolate chips next to the trash bags last night. 
  • Options
    I tried to tell my husband who usually isn't as good as school smarts as me that Vermont was a city in Maine. Yeah he quieted down for a minute like wtf before saying uh no. 
  • Options
    No problems so far,  but when I was pregnant with my first I went to the ATM, typed in my pin, then got my money and walked away with my card still in the machine and account still up.  I didn't realize until I got home.  I called the bank immediately and canceled  the card. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been putting random things in the fridge.
    one day it was just my glass of water- no biggie. But soon I graduated to a pot and my cell phone. Luckily I realized it before shutting the door. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I keep forgetting that I am cooking and burn dinner. I have to literally just stand there or I flat out forget! Setting an alarm only works if it is something that I have to get out immediately otherwise I think oh I will get it in a second... 10 minutes later  :#
  • Options
    I made 2 wrong turns during the 10 minute drive from home to the grocery store.  I've made this drive at least once per week for 2 years...
  • Options
    Forgot my wallet while grocery shopping and then out shopping for fun, on a totally separate occasion. Have never forgotten my wallet in my life. H ended up buying me more things than he anticipated :) Also forgot to buy CRITICAL groceries - the things I was craving and went to the store to buy in the first place.

But most of the time it's just slooooow going up in there. Things that I used to check off the list within the day are now taking days... if I remember them at all! I've gotten better at making myself reminders though - I no longer trust myself to remember ANYTHING, so as soon as I think of something I need to do, I put it in my phone.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Options
    lph4248 said:
    Forgot my wallet while grocery shopping and then out shopping for fun, on a totally separate occasion. Have never forgotten my wallet in my life. H ended up buying me more things than he anticipated :) Also forgot to buy CRITICAL groceries - the things I was craving and went to the store to buy in the first place.

But most of the time it's just slooooow going up in there. Things that I used to check off the list within the day are now taking days... if I remember them at all! I've gotten better at making myself reminders though - I no longer trust myself to remember ANYTHING, so as soon as I think of something I need to do, I put it in my phone.
    I am usually all about lists and post it's, but now they're necessities. 
  • Options
    I found my can opener in the refrigerator. I really thought one of the kids took it, nope. It was me, all me. 

I was going to bring my dog to work to give him a bath. He's still at home. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
  • Options
    I keep dropping my car keys! It's super annoying to have to keep bending over and picking them up off the floor every time I go somewhere. 
  • Options
    If I don't have it written down or in an email, all bets are off as to whether or not I'll remember to do it. Or if I do, it'll be some time down the road when it may or may not still be relevant!

Also, a friend of mine posted this randomly last night and it had me rollin' reading through the pregnancy brain stories. I hope none of us turn out as bad as some of these (good luck everyone!)

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/19-pregnancy-brain-fails-that-will-make-you-laugh-then-say-h?bffbtasty&utm_term=4ldradw#4ldradw
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • Options
    I was a few posts into this when I thought "ah! I have such a good one." Welp, by the time I was done I completely forgot what happened. Pregnancy brain is the worst. 
  • Options
    @supermom83 , at leat you will develop a sexy bubble butt to balance out that bump
  • Options
    @supermom83 , at leat you will develop a sexy bubble butt to balance out that bump
    Bwahahahaha! Yes, Silver lining! 
  • Options
    DD asked for a glass of water earlier today so I got her some. A little bit later she asked for very cold water. I told her no and that the water she had was just fine. *que instant meltdown* I finally conceded and went to get her new water. I was going to finish the rest of the cup instead of dumping it out and realized it was like really warm like I must have used the hot faucet instead of the cold faucet. Whoops, sorry girlfriend. 
    BFP #1: due 6/17/2013, DD born 6/25/13
    BFP #2: due 6/30/2017, MMC found 12/7/2016
    BFP #3: due 10/21/2018 
  • Options
    I made DD a grilled cheese for lunch and forgot the cheese. 

• Options
    My chewing skills are failing me. The other day I was shoving blueberries into my mouth, and I bit my tongue so hard that it was sore for three days. Tonight I took a bite of an apple, and it just fell out of my mouth. My husband just shook his head.
  • Options

@virginiaunicorn11, I'm doing this too!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Pregnancy brain was awful yesterday! I was freaking out because I thought my 2 yo had gone 8 hours without peeing. And he was with mil overnight so I didn't even know really when the last time was. I had dh txt mil and she said he was fine. And I said to dh he still had target diapers on, it's weird they bought target diapers(mil has to buy name brand). I coupon so we do switch brands somewhat but have target right now. Prob half hour into the freak out dh starts talking about how it was wet when we changed his poopy diaper, I was in the room helping dh change it and I forgot!! 

• Options
    ladies you're killing me!
    LuLiLaEv yours is the best lol

my poor 17 month old is paying for my pregnancy brain, i can't put her shoes on correctly i keep mixing up the left and right!

and today i missed a turn driving to work and it took me 30 more minutes to arrive.
  • Options
    Just as I was about to press Send on an email to a coworker to ask what our insurance covered during her pregnancy...I remembered I haven't told a single person at work yet, including my boss. Not really the casual question that I'd intended it to be! Deleted it, womp womp
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Definitely almost just peppered and salted the melting butter in the pan instead of the uncooked eggs in the bowl as I was making my son his scrambled eggs this morning...
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Pregnancy brain hasn't hit me too hard yet, but I am loving these stories!!

I've pretty much just been more clumsy. Twice this week I've fumbled a utensil while cooking, sending food everywhere and all over myself. One day it was spaghetti sauce and the next day, raw egg. :unamused: I've been terrified of leaving my keys in the car or losing them, or leaving my headlights on, but none of those have happened yet, so fingers crossed.