TTC After a Loss
Options

hcg levels and O...

I'm sure this has been asked, but can you ovulate when your hcg levels are still up?  I mean, faint line on a HPT...not just after MC.  I'm 19 days post D&C.  And when have people started using OPKs again after a D&C?  Sorry...probably dumb questions...
Me: 35 DH: 32
Married: June 2012
TTC #1: Aug/Sept 2016
BFP: 9/22/16
D&C: 11/9/16

Re: hcg levels and O...

• Options
    RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited November 2016
    @BeagleMom34 I'd recommend reading through some of the other threads on this board. There's lot of good information in the WTO and Waiting for AF threads. Other people have asked similar questions in those threads, and there are good answers there. In short, yes you can O while HCG is slightly elevated. There's no rule of thumb for when to start OPKs after a D&C. Some women get AF right on schedule 4 weeks later, so O would be at the normal time. Others go 8 weeks before AF. I'd recommend getting some cheap tests (Wondfos on Amazon for $35 for 100 and testing intermittently.
  • Options
    @RiverSong15 Do you work in the medical field?  You know so much about everything!  Always enjoy your insight.  Seriously, you have been more help than any doctor or nurse I've encountered in the past 2 months!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much. I'm sorry, I should have just looked first. Thank you. 
    Me: 35 DH: 32
    Married: June 2012
    TTC #1: Aug/Sept 2016
    BFP: 9/22/16
    D&C: 11/9/16