Two Under 2

2nd time labor.. Questions & advice please?

JayyMayyyJayyMayyy member
edited November 2016 in Two Under 2
Sooo I know everyone says your seconded time is normally easier and faster but im still freaking out..

Re: 2nd time labor.. Questions & advice please?

• Sooo I know everyone says your seconded time is normally easier and faster but im still freaking out..
  • For me, the second time was definitely faster! 23 hours vs 3 hours! I can't say it was easier. First time I got an epidural after laboring at Home for 13 hours and being admitted at 6 cm. This time, it happened so fast that there was no time to get an epidural as I delivered within 20 min of arriving at the hospital. 

But, everyone and every pregnancy is different. Good luck and my only advice, go with the flow and keep an open mind.

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Loading the player...
  • My second was faster and, well, easier for me physically maybe. Easier overall idk. Much faster recovery. I also went pain med free with #2. First I did for 13hrs of pain and then caved and got an epidural. 9 hours later he finally came. There were a few hours of consistent contractions before it was painful, so overall about 25 hours with him. Only 7 with #2.
  • My second was definitely faster and easier. I progressed quicker, and only pushed for 15 min rather than 2.5 hours. I also attribute that to #2 having a head that was 2 full inches smaller than #1.