Trying to Get Pregnant

TTGP Grad Thread Week of 11/28

13»

Re: TTGP Grad Thread Week of 11/28

• @Sugargirl1019: Thanks for the response and sorry for your losses. I am feeling determined to try again this month, DH is a little more leery since the doctor said three months. We are still talking. It's a tough decision, but we will see. My initial FW is supposed to start next Tuesday, so we have a few days to decide.
  • @dragonfly87 I am so sorry. FWIW my RE told us it was ok to start trying right away. TW** we had a late 1st trimester loss, the MMC was found on routine US the day it happened (~9weeks), my RE wanted me to pass the baby naturally... well several weeks later that didn't happen and ended up inducing at almost 13 weeks. We jumped right back into treatments. It was several months (but that was likely the IF and not the MC) but we did get KTFU and had a successful pregnancy.  Loss no matter the stage is heartbreaking. we are here for you.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Loading the player...
  • izza2izza2 member
    edited December 2016
    @dragonfly87 - I am so, so sorry for your loss. <3 From what I know about loss, as soon as your HCG is negative, some physicians will clear you to start TTC again, as long as you're emotionally ready. Many do recommend waiting for your period to come one time so that it's easier for tracking EDD, but you've already gone through that. The ideal that you have to wait 3 full cycles before TTC again is, as others have said, an old practice that does not have substantial proof toward its recommendation.

ETA: Grammar

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• mrsegan13mrsegan13 member
    edited December 2016
    @dragonfly87 After my MMC, the doctor said wait one cycle and then try again. After talking to our midwife, she said there was no need to wait even the one cycle (other than dating the pregnancy). We tried again immediately. It didn't work, but there was no reason to believe we wouldn't of had a healthy pregnancy if it had. I think three months is quite extreme. Like you said, if you weren't testing early, you would have just thought this was AF. 

I agree with other members that have said some doctors are just stuck in their ways. I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been there (MMC at 9 weeks, with either twins or triplets--three sacs but no heartbeats) and it sucks. 
    TTC since 8/7/16 
    BFP 9/13/16
    MMC 10/18/16 
    D&C 10/20/16
  • redheelerredheeler member
    edited December 2016
    ETA: wrong thread!
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • @dragonfly87 I am so so sorry for your loss. I wish that no woman would ever have to experience that feeling. So many hugs and love to you. This board has been such a support to me too, back when I had my loss it was nice to know I wasn't alone. We are here for you and you can always vent/cry/scream. My OB only told us to wait 1 cycle too after my loss, like a lot of PPs. Praying for peace and comfort for you.
  • @dragonfly87 I wanted to tell you that I'm so very sorry for your loss.   :(   I had a cp last June, and personally it's been difficult ttc since then.  My OB told me I didn't have to wait more than a month since it happened so early.  Everyone is different though.  Take all the time you need and this community here is full of such kind and understanding women that were so supportive for me and will be the very same to you.  Sending love and hugs your way.   <3
    Me-25
    Husband-24
    Married Since-September 12, 2015
  • dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited December 2016
    @krisnicole23 thanks for the response. We are still talking and might just NTNP this month or not. not sure yet.

Sorry, stuck in the box.
  • @dragonfly87 I think that easing yourself back in with NTNP is a great idea. And when you do get back to actively trying, be gentle with yourself. It took is taking me a while to get my heart into it so I have some ugly charts. Try not to worry too much about it. <3  

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18