June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms anyone? 11/28

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms anyone? 11/28

• Options
    I had interviewed a few weeks ago for a new role internally at my current company, it would be switching subsidiaries and I just felt pressured to interview as an old supervisor of mine was on that team and told the hiring manager about me... well, I didn't get it, and I'm oddly relieved... I think I let the competitive side of my personality take over and 'want' it but not because I really wanted it but because I wanted them to want me for the role... I was even sad about potentially leaving my current organization and the role was nothing like my VP and I had been discussing for my career path... funny how things work out I guess... all that stress and worry for nothing, now I get to hear my VP's opinion as he said he would save it until it was all said and done as he didn't want to bias me one way or the other.... I'm hopeful he is going to say he thought it would've been a 'wrong' move.
  • Options
    @mombod what a prize he is. Sheesh. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @delujm0, that's exactly it, we had a fourth kid to have a fourth kid, not to get a boy, because quite frankly I know girls and I thought four sisters would've been awesome (hellacious during teen years though). In the end, we are just as thrilled with a boy too.
  • Options
    @assiram42 that's kind of why we wanted another girl...we already "get" girls and know what to do with them!  Also, DH is annoyed by little boys at the playground and daycare and feels they are rough and dirty and unmanageable (all things I'm certain he was as a child), so he didn't want a son as much now that he spends a lot of time around kids as he did before.  But when we found out it was another girl he was like "this is not going to help my whole 'not liking boys' thing" haha.  I do really think if we had a third it would be a boy though.  I have a freakishly accurate ability to guess the sexes of my friends and families babies, and I always felt like I'd have three kids - two girls and then a boy.  But if we had a third and it was another girl, DH might blow town and never return sometime during the teenage years, so it might not be worth it ;-)
  • Options
    Sometimes I can't decide if people are purposely being assholes, or if they're really just that awkward. Like, that they make stupid comments like "now you get one of each, perfect!" just because they don't know what else to say. 

@mombod, that's some bullshit, right there. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @BelhurstBride I assume it's just filler crap for most. But yesterday I got a, "oh, good, you guys can be done now!" um, no? 
  • Options
    I need it to be Friday now.  My students are out of their minds today.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    I ordered 4 pairs of maternity pants from Kohls. One of them is the ugliest thing I have ever worn. I probably should take a picture so we all laugh.
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• Options
    random... if you could choose your baby's birthdate (i.e., scheduled C-section or other means?) - would you opt to have them share a birthday with a family member?

As it stands, my brother and maternal uncle both have the same birthdate... now it looks like after my appointment today that my OB is looking to schedule the Thursday morning after I hit 39w.  I just did the math and... it is their birthdate!  My OB said he could be flexible for when but his day at the hospital is Wednesday so he would schedule for early Thursday morning more than likely...
  • Options
    @michaela0704 Personally I would opt for a different day (ideally days apart), but that is only from negative experience on my side haha.  My son is 1 day apart from my nephew and my SIL is always wanting to do a joint bday celebration.  Our sons are 5 years apart and she wanted a double party for my son's first and her son's 6th.  It was awkward since she wanted everyone to sing happy bday to her son after singing to my son at his first bday party.  Ummm... all the attendees were my side of the family with the exception of her, my MIL and my FIL.  Same thing happened again this year and she has my nephew blow out my son's candles next to him while we sing and take pics.  Awkward.  That said, my DD was born on my Pop Pop's bday (he passed years ago) and it was so special.  I guess it depends now that I type this out.    
  • Options
    @Elyse1384  totally get you on the children with the same birthdate and I have twins, kids in general don't want to share their birthday... when they get mad at one another they tell each other they are no longer invited to their birthday party (which will be the same dang party!!! haha).  My uncle passed ~ 1.5 years ago from cancer and my brother is younger than me but how it played out for my brother and uncle was so cute at my brother's first brithday... my uncle came up to him after we sang and asked if he would share some of his cake since it was his birthday too... my brother ran his index finger through the icing on top and held it out to my uncle, who ate it off his finger... cutest thing ever!!

One side note that makes it a little awkward... not only is it my brother's birthday, my uncle who has passed's birthday, but also my long-term high school and college ex-boyfriend's birthday... no idea what is with that date but apparently it is meaningful for me!
  • Options
    @michaela0704 I don't think it's a big deal. my grandpa and I shared birthdays near each other and we had a special thing for it. I had my son a day after my dads birthday which would have been perfect to share. 

It it probably depends on who it is, but I think it's cool. And the older you get, do you really care about your bday that much? 
  • Options
    @Wino0920 oh, I'm with you, especially once you're older it really doesn't matter... its just a weird position to be in, knowing I have a choice to let it happen that way or not.
  • Options
    I have a girl then a boy and I love them both so much I couldn't see it any other way but I am little jealous of people that have 2 girls close in age they can dress alike and be bffs.  My kids are so close and play so well together I love it.  I never had a sister (I have 3 brothers) so for some reason I really want a girl this time for my DD to have a sister.  But a brother close in age to my DS would be nice too.  So I definitely won't be disappointed either way.  My DD says it's a girl so hopefully she won't be too sad if it is a boy! 
  • Options
    We had friends growing up who intentionally scheduled the c-sections so their kids would share a bday 2 years apart.

That was a little weird... 

• Options
    @silliegirlie143 DH and his 2 older siblings were almost like that... first child then 3 days shy of exactly 22 months later the second then 2 years later only 3 days apart from #2 and exactly 46 months from #1 (can you tell his dad was in the military?)  Not C-section or intentional on the dates but interesting how that can happen.
  • Options
    I have a cousins whose sons are three years- to the day- apart. Not a c/s, either. She went waaaay overdue, too. 

I honestly don't know what I would do if I had a choice. 

@JessyKV, my sister and I are 17 months apart and have never, ever gotten along. DH and his younger sister are five years apart and have always been incredibly close. Being BFF with your sibling has nothing to do with sex or age difference. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    zseirecargzseirecarg member
    edited December 2016
    @michaela0704 I am almost 'pressured' into it being the same day. My DH & his siblings and now my nephew were all born on the 21st of a month. My due date is June 24th and my SIL's birthday is June 21st. When we announced to the IL's I already said, it is what it is and I am not forcing it! But if we had to choose, we would probably choose the 21st to keep with 'tradition'. My SIL was ok with it (I think?).
  • Options
    I have a cousins whose sons are three years- to the day- apart. Not a c/s, either. She went waaaay overdue, too. 

I honestly don't know what I would do if I had a choice. 

@JessyKV, my sister and I are 17 months apart and have never, ever gotten along. DH and his younger sister are five years apart and have always been incredibly close. Being BFF with your sibling has nothing to do with sex or age difference. 

I know that's true! Thank you for reassuring me.  And I'm so glad my son and daughter are so close (as of now at least).  I'm not really super close to any of my brothers. We are all really different.  The one I feel closest too is not the closest in age.  He's almost 5 years older.  I think there is just some small part of me that was always jealous of people with sisters so a part of me wants that for DD.  I also know she will be a lucky girl to have 2 brothers and really don't care what I have. 

Also 2 of my brothers are 3 years apart to the day and share a birthday.  It was a coincidence. And as a double whammy it's January 5 so it's right after Christmas which also kind of sucked for them.  I would probably not pick the same date if I had the choice.  
  • Options
    DD was born on father's day which was 3 days after my 33rd bday.  this nugget is due 2 days before my 35th bday.  so she will run the risk of sharing a birthday with me or her sister.  if I got to pick I'd definitely avoid DDs bday and my own but really I wouldn't care about sharing a bday with my kid.  I'd just feel bad if the kids didn't have their own days.  DH and SIL are 2 years and 3 days apart and MIL always tried so hard to give them separate parties which I think was very thoughtful.

It would be kind of cool if this one was also born on father's day though, given that the date changes annually...but I'm pretty sure that falls on my bday this year so we'll see.  I went into labor naturally at 39+6 with DD so I hope that will be the case again.  

Having a Birthday Week in our house every June would be fun at least!
  • Options
    All 3 of my kids are going to be born in June. This one has a slight chance of being born on DD2 birthday. But I would have to go late and I've never gone over my due date.

...and I just jinxed myself. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    My husband, his mom, brother, nephew and our son are all born in November. Our wedding anniversary is also in November. My husbands only request for this baby was for it to have a summer birthday because he says nothing near November feels special anymore. So, looks like he got his wish! I want to use that as leverage for the names that I prefer haha
  • Options
    Who brings an egg-filled breakfast sandwich into a waiting room of pregnant women at a hospital? I get that the guy was hungry, but for someone who is still quite smell-sensitive, it was NOT cool. (I moved seats.) In better news, my NT scan went well.
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    My poor baby girl and uterus have sustained some serious toddler knee bombs. This is so uncomfortable. And he has no idea what I mean when I say, "be careful." 
  • Options
    @Mother0fDragons yes!  I am finding myself shielding my belly any time my two come barreling towards me or if we are sitting together and they start shifting around it is all I can do sometimes not to push them off when their elbows start digging into my stomach.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    @FSUNole31 it is so painful. I feel so bad yelping and scaring him but I can't help it. 
  • Options
    @MotherofDragons a big "YUP" to that.  DS is so excited for a sibling (well... he has decided this is a brother), but doesn't seem to understand that he can't use my stomach as a trampoline.  The other day DD (who never cuddles) wanted to cuddle while plotting her 90th percentile body directly on top of her sibling.  Just whyyyy
  • Options
    Noticed just now that the August 2017 birth month is up. We're moving along!
  • Options
    My due date is June 23rd which is DH's dad's birthday who passed away 12 years ago. I would love for he/she to be born on that day! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker