March 2017 Moms
Options

Fit Mama Check-In: Nov 28!

2»

Re: Fit Mama Check-In: Nov 28!

• Options
    Great job everyone!! Not only on the workouts but also for those doing the sugar-reduction & push-up challenge!!

I've still been doing my push-ups & got my 3rd workout for the week in tonight - modified a bit from my normal level of intensity but it still felt good to be doing something! I'm not gonna try to push for a 4th since I want to follow my Dr's recommendation, plus I'm dealing with a cold and hoping it's gone by the end of the weekend. It's making me feel oh so lazy and unmotivated to do my homework but I'm going to force myself to get my big assignment done tonight despite my lack of motivation....ughh.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    About to do my push-ups. Day 13!

You guys will be so proud of me: we just went to a christmas festival downtown, each business was open and participated in a little treasure hunt/prize drawing thing. Andddd they each had a wide spread of treats--I didn't eat any!! Stuck to the veggies and crackers at the few places that had them! #WIN

Hows everyone else doing this weekend!? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    serenity13serenity13 member
    edited December 2016
    @kjd291 I envy your will-power! You're inspiring me to do better...I want to start cutting back on my overall food consumption...I haven't had any sweets in a while (minus the ice cream I had for dinner a few nights ago because the coldness felt soothing to my sore throat haha) but tonight I ate an entire spinach/mushroom/alfredo sauce pizza. It was SO delicious and is still my favorite thing to eat. I used to eat a whole one pre-pregnancy too whenever we'd have frozen pizza nights so my ability to eat so much in one sitting is not new, but I still feel a bit guilty anytime after I eat anything that makes me feel super full. DH eats a whole pepperoni pizza at the same time though so at least I'm not the only one over-indulging haha...gonna make it a goal going forward to only eat half and swap the other for veggies or fruit when we do pizza nights. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We went to a Christmas festival as well- and my niece went to a little stand a got me a hot cocoa... she was so proud that she got me a treat, of course I drank it. I mean, I could have pretended to drink it but it was soooo good! And I was good all week with sugar but I did enjoy it!!

So yesterday and today I've been getting little heart palpitations. Felt a few when running yesterday but didn't think too much of it. Then felt them again at crossfit this morning and again when I was laughing or moving around a lot. Or just sitting in the couch. I know they can be normal during pregnancy and I've had them on and off throughout my life. Going to call my cardiologist on Monday for piece of mind. I had an EKG last year since some of my IVF meds caused them as well. Gonna take a rest day tomorrow instead of the short run I had planned. 

• Options
    Oh my! This morning my brother shared with me that the owner of his CrossFit box in Massachusetts had her baby this morning, at 25 weeks gestational age. Please keep Baby Piper, Momma Erica, & Daddy Jamie in your thoughts and prayers. It's so crazy to think that we now know of 2 babies who were due in March that are already here!!! Wow!
  • Options
    Hi there! I'm new here, but was once a bumpie back when I had my first daughter in 2009. I'm now pregnant with #3 (another girl- I had a son in 2012). I was (still am?) a runner but my hips/pelvis do not allow more than short jogging spurts right now. I'm mostly using the elliptical for 20-30 min and just added some Beachbody workouts that are more low impact. 

I hope you don't mind me jumping in :D

1: How far along are you
    ? 24 weeks

2: What are your goals for the week ahead
    ? continue with 4-5 workouts a week 

3: How was last week? it was great! I'm still afraid to push myself, so I have to remind myself constantly that something is better than nothing :)

4: Discovered any new fitness challenges or needed modifications
    ? planks are getting HARD with all the extra weight in the middle!

5: How are/have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
    ! I treat myself too, too often ;)

6: How are you doing mentally and emotionally this week as you body grows and changes?
    I am feeling great. I'm proud of this body and what it can do

7: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?
    I joined an online fitness group to help keep me accountable with my diet and workouts. it's SO tempting to eat whatever I want but then it feels so gross afterward
    8: GTKY: How did you meet your SO?  
    ?
    We had mutual friend in college and had both recently gone throughbad break ups. we got together as a "fun fling", but ended up falling in love rather quickly and getting engaged a year after we met and then married 6 weeks later. After 12 years of marriage, I still have no regrets :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker