Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Nuvaring possibly failed?

3 months ago I switched to Nuvaring from the pill. DH and I were going to wait until the spring to start ttc. 

My dr said I could leave my ring in for 4 weeks to avoid my period so technically I haven't had my period since October 9. I have exactly 1 week until I can either take it out for my period or leave it in to avoid it. 

I have been bloated and hungry all the time. Yesterday I was exhausted after shopping for 2 hours and napped when I woke up I was so nauseous. I've been moody and gassy. Boobs heavy and hurt. I just feel like I've been emotional. Even hubby said I have been mean lol

I've read Nuvaring had a lawsuit for failing and I've seen tons of stories of how people got pregnant on it. 

Could it have failed for me. I know no one can tell me if I am pregnant or not. I haven't tested but I don't know if I'd be 7 weeks or 3 weeks.

Re: Nuvaring possibly failed?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to ask. I was trying to see if anyone has had the same experience with Nuvaring. 
  • Options
    @Lmsmith422 there is a pinned post at the top of this board titled "newbies read this first"; saying you didn't know is not an excuse.

Please read the pinned post at the top of the board as well as the TOU, lurk more,  then join us in the WTO and 2ww posts- welcome!

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to ask. I was trying to see if anyone has had the same experience with Nuvaring. 
    QFP
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I was on NuvaRing too.  But I'm on this board so obviously did not get pregnant.

Go take a test.  

ETA: @BusinessWife I THINK she meant that she kept one ring in for four weeks before swapping it out for a new ring.  If not that would be... just... wow.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    <span>@antoto This is the line from the OP I was referring to:
    </span><div class="Quote"><b>My dr said I could leave my ring in for 4 weeks to avoid my period so technically I haven't had my period since October 9. </b></div><span>*OP*, Not sure why the doctor would tell you not to follow the instructions.  Sure, maybe his opinion is you can use it that way, but the manufacturer would beg to differ.

Hence, I wouldn't call that a failure of the product but a failure of the user.

FTR, I grow weary of always feeling the need to defend my posts here.  sigh...
    </span>
  • Options
    antoto said:
    I was on NuvaRing too.  But I'm on this board so obviously did not get pregnant.

Go take a test.  

ETA: @BusinessWife I THINK she meant that she kept one ring in for four weeks before swapping it out for a new ring.  If not that would be... just... wow.
    I hope so, but that would also be a user error. OP/lurkers If you want to skip AF you have to put in a new ring after 3 weeks to make sure protection is maintained. 

Lmsmith422 said:
    I've never had a birth control failure. Not sure how helpful that is.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank">LadyMillil</a> said:</div>
    <div><blockquote class="Quote">
    <div><a rel="nofollow" target="_blank">antoto</a> said:</div>
    <div>I was on NuvaRing too.  But I'm on this board so obviously did not get pregnant.

Go take a test.  

ETA: @BusinessWife I<b> THINK she meant that she kept one ring in for four weeks before swapping it out for a new ring</b>.  If not that would be... just... wow.</div>
    </blockquote>
    <b>I hope so, but that would also be a user error. OP/lurkers If you want to skip AF you have to put in a new ring after 3 weeks to make sure protection is maintained.
    </b>
    ETA (SITB)  Exactly.  tku @LadyMillil ❤</div></blockquote>
  • Options
    OHHHHHHHH I see what you were saying - I thought you meant OP literally just used one ring since she started.  That was just me being confused not me attacking you...
  • Options
    Okay, that's fine