May 2017 Moms

Sunday Ticker Change 11/27

How far along are you? 

How big is baby?

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: What are the staples in your purse?

Re: Sunday Ticker Change 11/27

• How far along are you? 14 weeks

How big is baby? A peach

Appointments this week?  Nope

Symptoms? I've been feeling very bloaty, and my boobs randomly hurt

Rant/Rave/Questions? Rant-I'm already tired of being told "oh just wait until they're this old....", it's just condescending like I have no idea what's going to happen and how they raised their child is the only way. I'm also really tired of people telling us we really don't want to cloth diaper or that they won't watch our child if we do. How about you get some education about cloth diapers first. But shame on us for wanting to save money, help not add a ton of unnecessary waste to landfills, and buy diapers that are identical to disposables just for your lazy butt.

GTKY: What are the staples in your purse? Since it has become coat weather, I haven't worn a purse in a while, but the staples are my wallet, my phone when I use it, chap stick, and gum.
  • How far along are you? 14 weeks

How big is baby? Peach

Appointments this week? None

Symptoms? pelvic pain which has never happened this early in pregnancy ,still so dizzy, acid reflux at night, & headaches

Rant/Rave/Questions? None

GTKY: What are the staples in your purse? Snacks!!! (My kids are always hungry), water, hand sanitizer & chapstick 
  • Loading the player...
  • edited November 2016
    How far along are you? 15 weeks  

(Had our NT scan last week. Based on how the baby was measuring and my LMP, my due date was moved up a week. ETA: my ticker date is actually Monday. Choosing to stay here.)

How big is baby? Apple

Appointments this week? None

Symptoms? None. Thought I felt flutters this weekend.

Rant/Rave/Questions? None

GTKY: What are the staples in your purse? If I do carry a purse it's tiny. Just my phone, keys, cards and money.
  • How far along are you? 17 weeks 

How big is baby? A pomegranate! 

Appointments this week? None. 

Symptoms? Backache. And moodiness - I get annoyed about things I wouldn't normally be annoyed by. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Rant - So we announced to the world this week, which was super fun. But so many people were like "I totally knew!" Like it was written all over me that I've gained weight, been moody, and tired, etc. (see I'm totally annoyed by something that really shouldn't bug me.) And BTW - I've only gained 3 lbs, so I don't think it can really be that obvious. End rant. 

Rave - my husband has been the best. After work he comes home every night and works on our remodel. He's out there now setting windows on a chilly, windy, misty November afternoon. He also let me do nothing but sit around on Friday watching the new Gilmore Girls episodes. He gets me. 

GTKY: What are the staples in your purse? I don't really carry a purse, but I keep my sunglasses, wallet, phone, and water bottle on me at all times. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 16 weeks

How big is baby? An Avacado

Appointments this week?  Yes, a surprise one. We found out last week we are having twins and need to see a high risk doctor.

Symptoms?  
    Headaches and peeing all the time at night.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I am freaking out about having twins! I don't have any on my side of the family, and have no idea what to expect. I will have my hands full with a two year old toddler girl, and two newborn girls!

GTKY: What are the staples in your purse? Chapstick, something sweet, phone charger, and Credit Cards. How boring...
  • Congrats on the twins!! @Cotacl
  • How far along are you? 14 weeks

How big is baby? Peach

Appointments this week? Not until December

Symptoms? Now that I'm on medication for the severe nausea, my appetite is back with a vengeance. Other than some mild soreness in my breasts, I feel like me again.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Rant- I'm tired of people telling me I look awful, yes, you can see u lost some weight in my face (hence why they gave me medication for nausea), but I feel good. I don't really have a tan anymore, but I didn't think it was that bad.

GTKY: I carry a backpack, I use to be a purse person, but I have a toddler and it's mostly filled with her stuff, but my staples, I guess my pocket knife and Altoids.
  • @diann21 I totally feel you! When we told people they were like "it was so obvious, you didn't drink this one time." Nevermind the fact that the time they didn't see me drinking is a time when I don't normally drink. Like just stop....
  • thistlenweedsthistlenweeds member
    edited November 2016
    1. 17 weeks! 
    2. It's a turnip
    3. None till December
    4. Not really, just some rlp.
    5. I feel like time is just dragging. Is it just me? I don't mind it but I'm just excited for the progress and it's not happening very fast. 
    6. I like that one! Here goes: wallet,  sunglasses,  paper handkerchiefs, stain removal pen, mini sewing kit, hand sanitizer, carmex, painkillers (Tylenol now, obviously), external battery charger, USB stick, nail file. I was a traveling consultant for a while so i had to be prepared for anything. 

Not sure why, my tablet killed half my comment on first attempt. 
  • cotacl is me! It is an old user name and for some reason when I post from my phone it shows up as my old account... and Yes, I made sure I was logged in with the correct credentials!

• Sorry ladies I have been pretty crazy these last few weeks. I usually try to start this first thing sunday. 
    How far along are you? 16 weeks

How big is baby? Avocado

Appointments this week? Thursday for a normal appointment and I think I will be getting more blood work

Symptoms? Sore boobs, randomly not hungry still, cm, achy belly muscles

Rant/Rave/Questions? Just tired of my husband. We moved our daycare so that it would be convenient for both him and I to help with the responsibility. It only opens at 645 so after dropping him off I have to rush to work and feel like mario andredi trying to get to work for 8. I told him with inclement weather he is going to have to be the one to bring our son to daycare and he agreed. For the record he has never picked up or dropped off our son to daycare in the 15 months hes been alive... The first night it looked like it was going to be messy he argued that his app was correct with the weather and mine wasnt that it wasn't going to be bad then told me I had to take his fathers car which is a rolling ash tray because he would need the truck... which makes no sense (but would make me have to put the car seat into my FIL car to pick up DS). Then started arguing about how I lost the spare key to my truck and his dads equinox which I didn't but because he thinks I did he is right.... right. Just over it and the season is just starting

GTKY: What are the staples in your purse? Wallet keys
  • @diann21 ugh that happened to me too! My sister did it and I hadn't even seen here! I was like way to ruin it haha

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • BabyMC517BabyMC517 member
    edited November 2016
    How far along are you? 15+1

How big is baby? Navel Orange

Appointments this week? Nope (12/8)

Symptoms? Not fun, but constipation...ugh it's horrible! RLP too.

Rant/Rave/Questions? To continue from above...I have a hiatal hernia and GERD so if I eat too much or the wrong thing it can cause me to have an "attack" for lack of a better word. Bad stabbing pain, having to run to the bathroom, and all of that fun stuff. I think having that and the constipation has been worse! I keep praying not to have an attack because it takes so much out of me, but part of me wants to so I can get so much out of me! haha sorry to be gross... :| 

My husband was awesome last night! Our dog must have not been feeling well because she had to go outside so many times last night and he got up every time. He's the best!! 

GTKY: What are the staples in your purse? I have a really small one at the moment that only holds my wallet, phone, chapstick, and little containers holding my prenatal and tylenol. But if I have a larger one, I put my glasses case in it because I have to switch back and forth! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin