Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Show Spoiler Saturday 11/26

I know some of you are dying to talk about some tv show finales and Netflix revivals like Gilmore Girls... this is the place!!!
It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: Show Spoiler Saturday 11/26

• Options
    Ending the new GG on a cliffhanger...

• Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited November 2016
    I was seriously underwhelmed by the Grey's Anatomy finale. I am tired of Arizona and Callie's terrible love interests and I can't believe Owen is being left again. I don't understand what Shonda is trying to do with Alex, and I'm exhausted for Meredith. I feel so sad watching the show since Derek died, as if it wasn't bad enough when McSteamy and her sister died. 

ETA: I just got through the first few episodes of This is Us and Miguel...really? I mean, Jack's mustache really was bothering me, but I didn't expect that bombshell so soon. I'm not even over them losing #3 yet.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did nothing but watch GG yesterday. 
  • Options
    adirat said:
    Ending the new GG on a cliffhanger...

It wasn't a cliff hanger, it's the continuation of the circle of life.

Rory is going to stay in Stars Hollow and be a single mom, just like Lorelai. Logan is her Christopher and Jess is her Luke. 

Im so pissed that that was the ending. Especially since that was the ending Amy S-P apparently always intended for the series. With all her dreams and determination to travel and be Christianne Amanpour, to know that it was intended for Rory to graduate from Yale, pregnant (despite never talking about wanting kids) and becoming a single mom back in Stars Hollow feels like a slap in the face.
  • Options
    @LadyMillil Wow, I did not realize that this was the original desired ending. That is so depressing. 

• Options
    I heard rumours that GG might get a 4 episode season every year or so. That wouldn't be awful. I'd love to see Rory's kids and stuff. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married: 04/05/15
    TTC since: 02/16/16

• Options
    @Dilynne I would love that!!! Where did you hear that?
  • Options
    I had the same reaction to the GG ending but like @LadyMillil said that had always been the intended ending. I get it but was definitely caught off guard. It was really fun to binge watch with my mom all day Friday. 
    @Dilynne I read that too that there may be more. I think they wanted to see how this one did before committing to anything. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @purplg8r I'm not sure where I read it, sorry. After I finished the revival I started googling and ended up in a wormhole lol

• Options
    @Dilynne I got caught in the same wormhole after finishing. From what I've gathered, I think that if Amy S-P had it her way, this would be the end of the line. Like @LadyMillil said, this was the ending she always wanted after season 6. If the show does well enough, however, I think that Netflix might have other things in mind. I just hope that if they do continue it, that it doesn't become another season 7. As much as I'd love more, it makes me sad when great shows don't go out while they're on top. 
  • Options
    I haven't watched GG yet because I've been watching The Crown instead. Anyone here watch any of it? I am surprised by how much I am getting into it. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Options
    I finished GG this morning and i spent a little too much time being outraged by the ending. But the more I thought about it the more I think it was successful. I took a short story class in college and a student said an ending of a story we were assigned to read just didn't work for him. The professor asked, did you feel something? Even if it was rage or frustration? The student said yes and the professor responded, then it worked. The more I think about it the more I think the ending does work. If there's one thing I learned from my short story class it's that the ending can be abrupt, it can be exactly the opposite of what the audience hopes for, the characters can fail but it can still be a very successful ending. Lorelei spent her entire adult life working to make sure Rory had everything she needed to succeed and Make her dreams reality. In a way Lorelei failed. Rory will end up a single mother just like she was. She will not travel the world and be the next Christianne Amanpour. We are left stunned, we are left outraged, but we are left feeling very strongly and at least for me it's going to leave an impact. I'm going to remember it. 
  • Options
    I don't really understand why people are upset about Rory's pregnancy anyway. It's not like she is 16 like Lorelai was when she was pregnant. She is a 32 year old women who finished the schooling she set out to do. She had the opportunity to live here life the way she wanted. She may not be the next Christianne Amanpour like she dreamed of, but not all your dreams can come true. Rory got to finishing high-school and college, she got a chance to travel the world and try to create the carrier she wanted. Yeah, it sucks that she may end up a single mother, but that's the choice that she made. Who knows, maybe Logan (or Paul if he's the dad) will want a close relationship with his child. And at least Rory has many people in her life who love her and she can reach out to for support (unlike when  Lorelai had Rory).
    **TW**
    Me: 30  DH:30
    Together 2003, Married 2011
    DD: July 2005
    BFP: 4/10/16, MC: 5/20/16
    BFP: 1/10/17, DD2: Sep 2017

TTGP Dec '16 siggy challenge winner!

• Options

From my slightly jaded TTC perspective:

I get that unplanned pregnancies happen. I get that the on-screen drama of an unplanned pregnancy is titillating. Lorelai was 16, presumably not using any kind of birth control, and was sleeping with Christopher regularly. That makes sense. However, for Rory, it seems completely ridiculous. She’s 32; she has probably been on BC since that time she stayed out all night with Dean. (I think Lorelai even shouted that at her during that scene.) She hadn’t seen Logan for weeks, had one perfect (eyeroll) night with him and gets knocked up.

It might have been more interesting to see a married/committed Rory try for a year to get pregnant. She could have worried about never having a daughter/son of her own. She could have dealt with the “unfairness” of how easy it was for her mom to get pregnant. Lorelai would have struggled with not knowing what to say or how to help Rory because she never went through it. The last four words could have remained the same without history repeating itself in a weird, slightly icky way.

• Options
    DilynneDilynne member
    edited November 2016
    Is the baby for sure Logan's or Paul's? Didn't she also sleep with a Wookie? 

• Options
    @swimsister I don't really think her pregnancy was an 'accident'. I wouldn't be the tiniest bit surprised if Rory got pregnant by Logan on purpose. Probably an UO but honestly, I don't really like Rory. She's kind of a terrible person.
    **TW**

• Options
    If you want to over analyze it - Rory was so disorganized during that year she may have been inconsistent with her pills and didn't think of it during that trippy excursion with the life and death brigade.  

@Dilynne The wookie is not the father because that happened in 'Spring' so she would be 5 or 6 months pregnant by the time she told Lorelai in November.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    swimsisterswimsister member
    edited November 2016
    @Dilynne that was in the Spring episode, so she'd be 4-6 months along by Fall. That could be possible, but seems unlikely.... 

@ChefRamsay I don't really love Rory either. Emily's story was my favorite in the revival. Even if Rory was trying to trap Logan, him showing up to surprise her during her FW worked out really well for her. I realize I'm analyzing this too much now..... 

*edit for clarification. Rory could be trying to trap Logan, not Emily.
  • Options
    @Dilynne Ha! I forgot about the wookie! 
    **TW**

• Options
    ChefRamsayChefRamsay member
    edited November 2016
    @swimsister I agree that Emily's story was the best. I was very suspicious about her maid at first, but was happy with the way it turned out. I'm glad Emily was able to discover who she is without Richard. 

ETA I think her eating a cookie at the DAR meeting was the best!
    **TW**

• Options
    @ChefRamsay UO or not, I've found it hard to have much respect for Rory throughout the series. Her character in the first three seasons was mostly admirable and so different from how she acted in the later seasons. I've always found it interesting how everyone in her life adores her and treats her in a special snowflake way to the point where she can do no wrong, but in reality her character is often self absorbed and very flawed.
  • Options
    I just last night got around to watching "Winter" of GG and about 5 minutes in remembered how annoying I used to find the banter between Lorilai and Rory to be. Who really talks like that? Don't think I'll get into watching the next episodes so I'm happy to read your spoilers! Can someone dish on Emily's story with the maid?
    Me:34 | DH: 35
    Married: 6/10/11
    *TW BFP: 12/4/16  EDD: 8/12/17
  • Options
    Speaking of Emily's story with the maid... did anyone else catch that the maid was played by the same person who plays Gypsy... just with a very bad fake nose.

• Options
    Dilynne said:
    Speaking of Emily's story with the maid... did anyone else catch that the maid was played by the same person who plays Gypsy... just with a very bad fake nose.
    I actually just noticed that now when I went to look up the maids name (it's Berta btw)!
    **TW**

• Options

From my slightly jaded TTC perspective:

I get that unplanned pregnancies happen. I get that the on-screen drama of an unplanned pregnancy is titillating. Lorelai was 16, presumably not using any kind of birth control, and was sleeping with Christopher regularly. That makes sense. However, for Rory, it seems completely ridiculous. She’s 32; she has probably been on BC since that time she stayed out all night with Dean. (I think Lorelai even shouted that at her during that scene.) She hadn’t seen Logan for weeks, had one perfect (eyeroll) night with him and gets knocked up.

It might have been more interesting to see a married/committed Rory try for a year to get pregnant. She could have worried about never having a daughter/son of her own. She could have dealt with the “unfairness” of how easy it was for her mom to get pregnant. Lorelai would have struggled with not knowing what to say or how to help Rory because she never went through it. The last four words could have remained the same without history repeating itself in a weird, slightly icky way.

Obviously I'm also jaded as hell but I love this idea @swimsister . I'd also like to see an end to this "if the sex is good enough one time is enough" trope (see also Pirates of the Caribbean). 

What I find so depressing about hearing this was the original plan for the plot when she was 22 is that it's so relentlessly futile. You can try and try and try, go after your dreams, but in the end you're trapped into a sad fate in a sad town you tried to escape. Maybe I'm projecting because I grew up in a horrible town I hated and got out of dodge when I was 18 but gosh how depressing to think that was Rory's fate at 22. 

• Options
    ChefRamsayChefRamsay member
    edited November 2016
    @lmmtravels
    I will try to explain, excuse me if it ends up being a rambling, unintelligible mess. 

So Emily has a new maid, Berta, that shows up after Richard dies. She doesn't speak much English but seems to understand Emily fine enough. No one seems to know what language she is speaking. Emily even has her friend who works at the UN come by and she couldn't recognize what language she speaks. At first it's just Berta and her two kids. Each time we see Emily's house, more of Berta's family has shown up. Her kids running around the house (literally running), her husband working as a handy man, his brother, their parents etc until her family is basically taken over Emily's house. Comments are made by Emily such as; I don't know what this food is, Berta cooks and I just eat it. There is a scene where Emily is purging things from her house (while wearing blue jeans!) and Berta's family is all there, packing boxes and taking things out of the house. It all seemed, at first, like this family was taking advantage of a grieving widow. But at the end you hear Berta talking about how Mrs Gilmore is a saint and is the best thing that happened to her family and it appears that Emily is actually fond of them.

ETA pic
    **TW**

• Options
    Ooohhhhh thanks, @ChefRamsay! But for real now, that's it?!?!? I was hoping it was something juicier like Berta was a long lost daughter of Richard's that Emily welcomed to keep his spirit alive. Oh well. 

Btw, your explanation was completely succinct and intelligible :).
    Me:34 | DH: 35
    Married: 6/10/11
    *TW BFP: 12/4/16  EDD: 8/12/17
  • Options
    I don't really understand why people are upset about Rory's pregnancy anyway. It's not like she is 16 like Lorelai was when she was pregnant. She is a 32 year old women who finished the schooling she set out to do. She had the opportunity to live here life the way she wanted. She may not be the next Christianne Amanpour like she dreamed of, but not all your dreams can come true. Rory got to finishing high-school and college, she got a chance to travel the world and try to create the carrier she wanted. Yeah, it sucks that she may end up a single mother, but that's the choice that she made. Who knows, maybe Logan (or Paul if he's the dad) will want a close relationship with his child. And at least Rory has many people in her life who love her and she can reach out to for support (unlike when  Lorelai had Rory).
    I'm upset about it for 2 reasons. One is that I'm just sick of the BS TV world where Rory and Logan just happen to have random sex one last time and it just happens to be when she's ovulating and they just happen to not use BC or their BC fails and she just happens to get pregnant. While I am disappointed about it ending with a pregnancy, what really upsets me is that this is apparently the ending ASP wanted for season 7. As someone that really related to Rory, particularly the leaving a small town to pursue big dreams aspect of her story, I am upset that the original plan was for her to graduate from Yale pregnant and never get to pursue her dreams. That ending would have crushed me at 21 when the series ended

.laurad75 said:
    If you want to over analyze it - Rory was so disorganized during that year she may have been inconsistent with her pills and didn't think of it during that trippy excursion with the life and death brigade.  

@Dilynne The wookie is not the father because that happened in 'Spring' so she would be 5 or 6 months pregnant by the time she told Lorelai in November.  

SITB
     Maybe my views are skewed because I work with STIs, but if you're in an open relationship with someone that is for sure with another person (and potentially have a boyfriend), why aren't you using condoms? I know they can break/aren't 100% effective but the whole birth control situation bothered me (it does in most shows because I find it's not at all realistic to real life) 
  • Options
    How anyone can be team Logan, especially after this mini-series, is beyond me. I am annoyed that Rory is pregnant because thats not who she is. She has never talked about kids, or family or any of that...its not who she is meant to be, and it sucks.