December 2016 Moms
Options

Gift traditions

Do any of you STM+ or your DH do any special gift traditions for your kiddos? DH started giving DD a teddy bear every year for Christmas when she was born. It's a tradition that has been in his family for generations. However, nobody ever started any traditions from the dad to the son. DH is looking for gift ideas that he can start doing with Michael, but we're both stumped. Does anybody have any ideas? He obviously doesn't want to do pocket knives this young, and he doesn't really want to do model cars/trucks/planes either. I  give the kiddos pj's and a book every year.

Re: Gift traditions

• Options
    My DH is planning on giving DD a different Disney princess figure every year which I think is the most adorable thing in the world. My if she had been a boy it would have been a super hero action figure or something of the like.

I also love the night before xmas pjs/book/movie set - might start doing that!

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    We do a new book and new set of pj's on Christmas eve night
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Growing up we always got a new Christmas tree ornament, often with the year on it.  It was a lot of fun putting them all on the tree year after year.  It was usually something meaningful (like, if we traveled we'd get one from the place we visited, or when we turned 16 we got one that was a car, etc).
  • Options
    My parents didn't do it, but my cousins give their boy a different tool every year (nice Craftsman ones) so he'll have a full tool set when he's older. 
  • Options
    Why not a teddy bear for your son too?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    Oh, I like the ornaments and tool ideas! 

@slartybartfast he justs wants something different for each kiddo. 
  • Options
    @Mamax2 my husband's father/sister gives him little hot wheels cars every year and always have. He's got quite a bit of them now. Kind of inexpensive but sweet. They also make collector cases for them if need be. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I'll pass these on to DH. We do 3 gifts each Christmas , something they want, something they need, and something we want them to have. These traditional gifts are separate from those 3 gifts. 
  • Options
    We do unique ornaments for each year.  DH and I started the tradition 11 years ago when we moved in together and have purchased one for DS every year now, too.  Just put the babies first ornaments on the tree tonight! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    ajstevensonajstevenson member
    edited November 2016
    We do ornaments and jammies. I was just explaining to DSD this evening that I always got shoe/slipper ornaments and my sister always got figure skaters. she was always mad that I got sparkly shoes, so today when I was out shopping I found a beautiful pink glass slipper ornament. I can't wait to give it to my sis!

Pregnancy Ticker