TTC After a Loss
Options

Luteal phase defect question

I found out yesterday that my MIL had issues staying pregnant because of luteal phase defect....is that something that could somehow affect my pregnancy because of my husband?  I'm thinking no, but just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with this...thank you!!!!
Me: 35 DH: 32
Married: June 2012
TTC #1: Aug/Sept 2016
BFP: 9/22/16
D&C: 11/9/16

Re: Luteal phase defect question

• Options
    RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited November 2016
    A luteal phase defect means that your body doesn't produce enough progesterone and other hormones after you ovulate, which means your luteal phase (time after O) is usually too short to sustain a pregnancy. A LP needs to be 10 days or longer to be considered "normal" and able to support pregnancy. With a LPD, the luteal phase is 9 days or less. This is entirely based on the woman's hormonal system, so the fact that your MIL had it means nothing for your pregnancy. It's not a chromosomal issue with the embryo, and it's not something your H could pass to you.
  • Options
    Thank you so much!!  That's what I thought...but just trying to rule everything out. 
    Me: 35 DH: 32
    Married: June 2012
    TTC #1: Aug/Sept 2016
    BFP: 9/22/16
    D&C: 11/9/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow @RiverSong15! I just asked about short luteal phases in another thread. So glad I saw this one and thanks for passing along your knowledge!