March 2017 Moms
Options

Viability?

How many weeks do you guys consider viability?  I've read 24 weeks which I'm at today and it makes me feel good!

Re: Viability?

• Options
    24~~~~~ my MFM told us my girls are now viable but you want them to thrive not just survive!

SaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    24 weeks, but not without A LOT of support and higher rate of some possible long term complications 
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsyimster and @Justanotherusername16 I completely agree!  I'm not wishing for my baby to be delivered now, but it's good to know if she is she has a higher chance of surviving.  My daughter was born at 40 weeks and 5 days and I was completely fine with that.
  • Options
    Like PPs have said: 24 wks is the standard number
  • Options
    @disneybaby84 My husband was early, too.

I haven't gotten a clear picture of how early (his mom's prenatal care was spotty), but think it was somewhere between 28-30 weeks IN POLAND. He was just shy of a kilogram (around 2lbs 2 oz) They didn't have any advanced medical care (I joke that they stuck him in a shoebox  :D ). They told his parents "Its a boy, but don't get to excited because he's going to die." He somehow made it through. He does have Cerebral Palsy, but considering he had no special intervention that early and survived really is a miracle. Babies really do have a better chance these days, but are still better off in than out in most cases.

It definitely feels good to be inching closer and closer to viability (I'm an end of the month mama, so I'm only 22+6 today), but I'm still terrified of delivering prematurely. Especially with twins.