March 2017 Moms
Options

Thanksgiving Funnies

Since it's Thanksgiving week let's share our crazy family Thanksgiving stories.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Thanksgiving Funnies

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat Your stories have me LOL-ing! I see why those people are exes. 
  • Options
    All of these were so funny. I don't have any funny stories like that.

• Options
    my grandma was a great cook but she always burnt the bottom the rolls. it became a family tradition of sorts lol but we never spoke of it bc you don't call grandma out on her cooking..one year we got her air bake pans for xmas and my then young little sister goes "now you can't burn the rolls grandma!" lol better out of her mouth than anyone else... this is our first year without her for the holidays and i'm going to miss those burnt rolls
  • Options
    ok this is more of a "Thanksgiving awkward" story...
    So yesterday my sister/BIL told our parents, his parents, & us that they're expecting a baby - and made it clear they don't want to make it known publicly yet. Today at our family dinner my dad decides he's going to say grace (he never does this except at holiday dinners and it always seems awkward & unnatural but whatever we're used to his traditional stumbling-through thanks) and smack dab in the middle of it he spills the news to our relatives in the most embarrassingly awkward way possible, passing her ultrasound photo around to my aunt & uncle and forgetting to close his "prayer".... My sister was pissed (as was I) and everyone just felt weird because we knew that wasn't his news to share, let alone in that manner. Ohhh family...gotta love em.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @serenity13 Noooooo.  That's tv sitcom worthy amount of awkward right there. :face palm: your poor sister!
  • Options
    @serenity13 That's so awful! Why, WHY can't people understand that that's not their news to tell?! That pisses me off on so many levels. I'm enraged on behalf of your sister! A coworker of mine is 44 and is expecting her third. Her oldest is 21. She's only pregnant because her husband who she just married is 10 years younger and wanted kids of his own so she's really doing this for him. Anyway, since I make the schedule for the department, she lets me know she's 8 weeks and needs a certain day off down the road to go to a genetics testing class. Of course I didn't tell a soul since hello, she's 8 weeks, 44 years old, and it's not my news to tell. Lo and behold last week another coworker texts me and says that that coworker is pregnant and wasn't sure if I knew yet. And then had the nerve to add, "please don't tell anyone else." Like what the hell?! I told her that yes I knew but didn't say anything since it's not my business and that she should know better. Ugh!
  • Options
    I'm sad the posts ended on this. This was laughter therapy.
    Pregnancy Ticker