May 2017 Moms

Carseats, strollers, and baby wearing: Preferred carrying method?

2»

Re: Carseats, strollers, and baby wearing: Preferred carrying method?

• If I lived in a big city (and was super rich) or Kate Middleton (oh gosh, I wish!) I'd buy this $2000 pram.
    If you could find the silver cross balmoral (the one pictured) for 2k buy it then and there!!! This carriage sells for $3500-$5000!!!! And there are bo discounts for age either. I had a customer when I was in retail who had one. It is custom made in 1 piece. Meaning it doesn't fold. Find it for 2k buy it and flip it and you could make 1k in a sec!!!
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We used a stroller and carrier most of my sons first couple of months and the carrier was used more than the stroller, as he got bigger we used the carrier less and now at almost 2 we don't use it at all. When we go in a restaurant we use the stroller in place of a high chair. We have the britax b-ready so the seat is decently high. 
    We do the same with the vista. Because of its height he fits right at the table.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @schnitz9 Right after posting that I realized I did my conversion from pounds WAY off. I suppose I could *settle* for a $1300 Bugaboo or Stokke, haha! 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @schnitz9 Right after posting that I realized I did my conversion from pounds WAY off. I suppose I could *settle* for a $1300 Bugaboo or Stokke, haha! 

Not worth the money.  I have no problem spending over $1000 on a stroller, but it has to be worth it. I can count the times on my fingers the amount of times I've used the donkey which it the most expensive one I have. Like I've said I use my vista the most and that one is $860.  Best money ever spent!!!!
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks

PitaPata Dog tickers

• @schnitz9, We went and looked this weekend and decide on the Nuna Mixx Jett. I am super excited! I've read several reviews and it sounds to be very comparable to the Uppa Vista. We looked at the Donkey and yea, that thing is huge! There's the Chameleon too, but it just doesn't seem worth the $1100.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @schnitz9, We went and looked this weekend and decide on the Nuna Mixx Jett. I am super excited! I've read several reviews and it sounds to be very comparable to the Uppa Vista. We looked at the Donkey and yea, that thing is huge! There's the Chameleon too, but it just doesn't seem worth the $1100.
    Nuna's are great.  Good carseat.  I've never had one but heard all great things.  Cam 3 is a good stroller but again I don't think it worth the money.  2 piece fold which is super annoying and the basket is a joke. Only bugaboo I actually like is the bee or the buffalo.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks

PitaPata Dog tickers

• This article was really helpful to me regarding this question. Baby carrier was our go-to for many reasons. Boba makes awesome carriers and their amazing at offering education on the topic: https://www.boba.com/Strollers-baby-carriers-and-infant-stress

Here, I grabbed an excerpt to start with: 

Existence in Containers

This does not mean that laying flat for a couple of walks around the block in a stroller is going to wreak havoc on your baby’s physical development. But the truth is that the average Western infant between three weeks and three months of age is carried a little more than two and a half hours a day (Heller, 118.) We end up carrying the baby to the car in a container, through the store in a container, to eat lunch in a container, back to the car in a container and home in a container*. Sometimes from there to the swing that we can click right into without touching the baby so we can make dinner, into the bouncy seat while we eat, and soon after to sleep in a crib. The west has diverged from eons of child rearing and has gotten to the point so that objects are defining our baby’s existence more so than our bodies.

“To remove the newborn baby from his mother and place it on its back or on its front on a flat surface, often uncovered is to fail to understand the newborn’s great need for enfoldment, to be supported rocked and covered from all sides, and that the infant may only gradually be introduced to the world of more open spaces. From the supporting, continuous, tangible presence of his mother the infant will gradually come to move some distance toward the outside world”. (Montagu, 294)...