May 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change 11/21

Did we miss last week?

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments this week?

Rants/raves/questions?

GTKY - what are you not looking forward to this holiday season?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday Ticker Change 11/21

• Options
    How far along are you? 16 weeks 

How big is baby? 2 avocados 

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope, had a check up on Friday and my OB was able to find 2 distinct heartbeats with the Doppler. Anatomy scan scheduled for the 20th

Rants/raves/questions? I'm so hungry all the time now! It's nice not throwing up constantly, but I wake up from a nap and have to eat instead of resting and it's annoying.

GTKY - what are you not looking forward to this holiday season? My stepmom gets mean when she's stressed. I've been roped into helping her cook for both Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. Personally I'd rather shove a fork in my eye.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 15 weeks

How big is baby? two navel oranges (btw, the bump's weekly update says that I should enjoy my high libido... WHAT? I am still wanting to take a nap daily and trying to force myself to eat, the last thing on my mind is sex... what libido?)

Upcoming appointments this week? in 9 days I get to see my little munchkins again for the anatomy scan!!!!

Rants/raves/questions? My insurance doesn't cover but two scans for the entire pregnancy, only 15 visits, and no diagnostic testing (so none of the bloodwork or anything later if I need it). What a joke! I've already had 4 u/s, and was told that with twins I'll be having them every two weeks starting at the end of this trimester. They're almost three hundred dollars a piece.

GTKY - what are you not looking forward to this holiday season? I hate when it's warm on Christmas day. I'd LOVE a white christmas, so I'm hoping the temps will start dropping soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 LMAO! I have no sex drive either. Didn't last pregnancy either. My poor husband knows it's going to be a long pregnancy for him!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 15 Weeks!! 

How big is baby? The size of a box of crayons!!

Upcoming appointments this week? Nothing :-( I miss seeing/hearing her...

Rants/raves/questions? I've gotten to the fat stage, where I'm not big enough for maternity, but I'm only fitting comfortably in like 3 pairs of pants. I did however go over to a friends house to see her renovations and ended up leaving with 2 bags of maternity clothes and a slice of Portillo's cake!! SCORE!!!

GTKY - what are you not looking forward to this holiday season? My husband works on Christmas and I always hate that. I'm also not happy that My school doesn't get out till the 22nd, it leaves up no time for fun holiday stuff. 
  • Options

How far along are you? 17 weeks

How big is baby? a pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments this week? about to schedule one but won't get in til next week

Rants/raves/questions?  very thankful to still fit in my clothes but kind of anxious to raid my friends maternity stash :)

GTKY - what are you not looking forward to this holiday season? my husbands new job is changing up our travel plans so it'll be a play it by ear kind of holiday season...no fun!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 13 weeks. I'm the tail end of the month. 

How big is baby? Peach

Upcoming appointments this week? No, but I'm considering going in to hear the heartbeat. I have the option of going every week. (They're letting me be a special snowflake). 

Rants/raves/questions? Nausea is almost gone and I'm finally getting a little bit of energy back. I took today off because I was going to take care of the massive amount of leaves in the backyard, but then we've had crazy wind all weekend and the leaves are gone. I got to just hang out all day :) 

GTKY - what are you not looking forward to this holiday season? DH is fighting with his parents over politics and threatened not to go to Thanksgiving. He conceded to me because it's my favorite holiday, but it definitely won't be like it usually is. I can understand his anger at his parents over this, though.
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @Jkp7749 I can't imagine that if your doctor is ordering the extra ultrasounds because of a high risk/twin pregnancy your insurance won't cover it! I'd fight it with doctor documentation. My insurance very distinctly says it only covers 2 ultrasounds, dating and anatomy but with DD2 I had a 3rd ultrasound around 34 weeks because I was measuring small. Because it was doctor mandated for medical reasons my insurance covered it without question. 

Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    How far along are you? 13 weeks 

How big is baby? lemon

Upcoming appointments this week? nope but surprise meeting with genetics next week because our first trimester testing came back abnormal for risk of downs. 

Rants/raves/questions? anyone else have an abnormal test? trying not to psych myself out over this. 

GTKY - what are you not looking forward to this holiday season? the busy-ness. I love seeing the family but I really just want to spend time with hubby and our dd while she's an only. sounds selfish now that I've typed it out. 
  • Options
    How far along?
    14 weeks. 

How big is baby? 
    A peach or a troll doll! 

Upcoming appointments this week? 
    Not for two more weeks. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant- I'm so sad we aren't going home for Thanksgiving this year. I miss it! 

GTKY- I never look forward to Christmas Eve at my in-laws as my MIL and I have never had a good relationship so it's always tense. But I really enjoy being with my two SILs so I'm going to try to focus on that and ignore the MIL! 

Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options

How far along are you? 15 weeks

How big is baby? Naval orange

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope

Rants/raves/questions? 

GTKY - what are you not looking forward to this holiday season- we're hosting Thanksgiving and my inlaws are staying with us for a couple of days. Not looking forward to that at all.
  • Options
    @Jkp7749 My cousin recently had twins and had to fight with insurance to get the extra ultrasounds covered. Eventually she won. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    15 weeks along and as big as a box of crayons. No appointments this week. I feel like 2nd tri energy finally kicked in and it's awesome. Im not looking forward to holiday politics talk. Aside from my mom and sister, the rest of family is obnoxiously conservative. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @PghMom412 - Sorry you have to stress out! FX for good results going forward.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    17 weeks, size of a chipmunk 

No appointments for a few weeks.

Only rant is that I am exhausted today. I was awake for 2 hrs in the motn and after I had just fallen asleep DD woke up and kept waking up every so often.

GTKY: Not looking forward to the argument of who is hosting Christmas. All my 3 brothers and their families live an hour away and because of that they always want holidays on their side of town, which I can understand but I still would like it over here sometimes. Last time I hosted a holiday get together was Thanksgiving two years ago and I know there will be one particular SIL that will insist on hosting.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    Nice to see a couple new (I think?) 5/29 EDD moms here!! 

13 Weeks. Some places say second tri,others say 14weeks? I'm just going to pretend I'm there now! 

Baby by is the size of a lemon!

No appointments for 2-3 weeks (honestly can't remember for sure. I think 2.5ish?)

R/R... Rant and rave combined is that my body has changed so so much in the last couple weeks alone. It's crazy and exciting and a little weird. I've actually lost 15ish lbs and saw a number this morning I haven't seen in a year or so. FTR my doc is not concerned at this point. I feel a little guilty for being excited that I've lost weight. I'm pretty confident my little lemon is getting enough nutrients, I just don't have the appetite to eat the junk I was eating before getting KU. The constipation is so real though. But when I do go, (TMI?) it's diarrhea. So I'm afraid if too much colace. 

GTKY: Well I have to work Thanksgiving, which is a bummer because both our families are actually coming to our house for the actual Thanksgiving meal. I'm not looking forward to our crazy Christmas travel schedule - if you really divide it out, we do 5 celebrations/gift exchange sessions in 24 hours! It's not terrible just too much driving. I'm very excited to put my foot down next year and say "anyone who would like to see us and baby is 100% welcome noon or after at our house for lunch or dinner." 
  • Options
    ShadeofGreen816 - Yep, I am a new 5/29-er! I lurked for a few weeks here, but it's finally starting to feel real enough for me to participate. I was just too nervous before. Nice to meet you all! 

• Options
    @kns1988 Welcome! Your screenname slightly freaks me out, but not in a bad way lol. I was "KNS" before I got married and born in 1988. It's just strange to see! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Options
    @h&amp;pmomma - haha I'm not very creative with screen names!