January 2017 Moms

Sunday Ticker Change (11/20)

Didn't see one yet.

How far along are you? What's new with your little babe?

What are you doing this week to prepare for LO's arrival?

Rants / Raves / Questions / Symptoms:

When's your next appointment?

GTKY: What is your favorite way to exercise while pregnant? Not pregnant?

Re: Sunday Ticker Change (11/20)

• How far along are you? What's new with your little babe? 34 weeks. He (we, rather) had a definite growth spurt in the past few days. I suddenly can feel him simultaneously moving his head or hands low in my pelvic region and his feet and butt high up by my ribs. It's really weird.

What are you doing this week to prepare for LO's arrival? Not a whole lot. We have our final lamaze class Tuesday. We put some finishing touches on his nursery this week and made sure the furniture (bookcase and dresser) were mounted to the walls. It's looking really gorgeous right now, a very happy peaceful blend of blue and orange.

Rants / Raves / Questions / Symptoms: A lot of discomfort suddenly from getting dramatically bigger in the past week. Lightning crotch. Strangers are suddenly asking me, without hesitation or second-guessing themselves, when I'm due.

When's your next appointment? The 2nd for my last 2-week check-in at 35 weeks and then switching over to 1-weeks from then on. I don't know if it's just that my pregnancy is very low-risk or what but my OB is very hands off and low-key about these appointments. No growth scans, nothing. It's just been measuring fundal height and checking fetal heart rate at each one. She basically described everything as being in "cruise control mode."

GTKY: What is your favorite way to exercise while pregnant? Not pregnant? Swimming for sure and body weight squats. While not pregnant, Crossfit, olympic weightlifting, and biking.
  • How far along are you? What's new with your little babe?

30wks, I can definitely tell she's got more of an awake and asleep pattern now a days.she sits so much lower then my other 2 girls did that I feel her in different places.

Nothing much, I think we are pretty ready for this little one to get here. The only big thing let to do is put the carseats into the vehicles. 

Tired a lot and winded from everthing. I try not to move too quickly or I cause BH.

Dec 6th for a reg check-up.

I'm not big on exercise pregnant or not, but I will go for walks with my co-workers and my kids. I don't mind swimming either.
  • Loading the player...
  • 34 weeks! I feel like this is the last big pregnancy milestone before we hit full-term. Time flies. I've noticed LO now responds to H's voice if he's been quiet for a while and the dog barks definitely startle him. Better get used to that one, LO, because the dog barks are going to ruin both of our naps once you arrive :smile:

Nonstop nesting! We are finally home and there is SO much cleaning and putting things away and all of that. Spent all of Saturday and most of today organizing and cleaning. Renovation is probably 95% done and everything is awesome. Baby's room should be finished by Thanksgiving!! We're really just decorating and organizing at this point.

Rave: almost every item I need has been purchased off my registry which is such a relief (minus a few cloth diapers, but I have gift cards). Rant: I've had so many GI issues this whole pregnancy and they cause such sharp pains/feels like I'm being stabbed from the inside. Going to talk to the OB about this (again). Just always worries me something is wrong and then I go to the bathroom and they disappear (sorry, TMI). I have been the opposite of constipated this entire pregnancy, so I can't complain about that, but sharp pains are always worrying. 

This Tuesday for 34 week appt.

While pregnant, definitely super long dog walks. I do this not pregnant, but not as my only "cardio", and I feel like it's been a nice change of pace to stop and smell the roses and enjoy the seasons. I biked daily until just before the third tri and that was nice, too. When not pregnant, running for sure. I really miss running, feeling strong and fast. Excited to take LO running in his jogging stroller. 
    34 weeks. @canavara :: I'm right there with you on the growth spurt. Good grief. The other day, it felt like I had an octopus in there -- he is jam-packed in there and everywhere. 

Trying to survive my in-laws being in town. Sterilizing breast pump parts. Getting things for my hospital bag. 

Rant: I have decided, prior to anyone's arrival, that I'm never again hosting Thanksgiving for my husband's family. This "never" bit is false, given the fact that we've only been married for a little over a year and haven't yet had our first baby, but it's my wish. Dealing with 6 different food restrictions and not being able to drink whike menu planning and preparing (not to mention while they are all here) is just plain unacceptable. My mom is the only person from my side coming (my sister and her family live in Ohio and aren't able to make the trip); fortunately, the only thing I have to worry about for her is making sure we have enough Chardonnay in the house. Happy Thanksgiving! 

Symptoms: so much lightening crotch. Lots of BH. 

December 1. Then I'm onto weekly appointments. Crazy how fast the third trimester is going. The OBs and midwives where I go are also fairly hands off. They did a quick pelvic exam last week because the night before my appointment, I was a little concerned I might be leaking amniotic fluid. (I'm not.) Of course, so far, all of my appointments have been with women and my next one is with the one male OB (he also has the best reputation in town) and he'll do the Group Strep B test. So, that'll be a fun introduction. (I'm meeting with everyone at least once, because the delivery will be with whomever is on call.) 

Pregnant: swimming, light hikes, yoga, barre, exercise videos, tennis up until month 6 or so. Not pregnant: all of the above, but more strenuous, especially the hiking/backpacking. I'm hopeful to get some good snowshoeing in this winter after the 6 week recovery, and some spring cross country skiing. 
    33 Weeks!

We did so much this weekend.  Car seats have been installed in both cars, the nursery is almost complete- I just need to get some more art work.  Nesting is hitting hard and needing to re-organize a lot in order to find homes for some of the baby gear.

Nothing this week.  Getting anxious about how big she is- we had our growth scan on Monday and she is 55 percentile and was about 4.5lbs last week.  I am reading those in the 34th week talking about a growth spurt and wondering how she will fit if she grows anymore this week.  I'm already feeling her move every where all at once. 

November 30th

Pre- pregnancy I liked taking barre classes when my schedule permitted.  During pregnancy I mostly did walking as my exercise, but for about 10 weeks I have started braxton hicks contractions when I am walking to and from the subway or even just running errands.  I lived in NYC for over a decade, and walking at the slow speed my body is requiring right now is painful.  Looking forward to being able to walk at a normal speed again- maybe even running again (though I find running boring).
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

33 weeks!! <3 Flipping over probably this week. 

Getting clothes hung and  closet finished. 

Looking up timing of braxton hicks. 

Monday- OB and Saturday- us 

Walking and not pregnant- dads
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 30 weeks, and LO has decided spread eagle with a leg under each rib is a cool position. 

H and I are attending birth preparation classes all this coming weekend, and I just went for the second time to the chiropractor. She's really happy with the progress with my back and she'll be giving me some pelvic floor exercises at our next appointment.

Rant: I've been really polite and patient with a vendor who can't seem to do basic math invoicing my organisation, but I'm not sure that will last much longer. At this point I've sent back the signed agreement with the correct rates, and then did all of the tiny calculations for them, and they still insist on charging me the incorrect amount. I've had 2 other people double check that my calculations aren't being subjected to pregnancy brain, and I'm definitely mathing correctly. So the pregnancy rage is about to be released.

Next appointment on December 2nd

I don't do much specific exercising while pregnant besides some stretches at home, but being in a city I do a lot of walking everyday. Pre-pregnancy, I was a huge fan of kickboxing. I'm hoping to get back into when I move back to the US next year.
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • 34 weeks! As of growth scan Friday the girls were 4.25# each with tons of fluid still (driving over speed bumps feels crazy sloshy lol) presenting twin is head down and the other is head up and OB is scheduling me for a section  :'( I'm super bummed. 

Car seats are getting installed this week for inspection Friday or Monday. Otherwise just cleaning and finishing odds and ends laundry and maybe getting the art on the walls in the nursery?

I'm so uncomfortable. Like, in tears some nights because A's head is in my ribs and it burns and my whole crotch/ inner thighs hurt so much  :s I've gotten so big that strangers are staring at me in horror at this point, like the babies are just going to fall right out lol 

I'm sitting at my NST right now, babies weren't cooperating a minute ago but they seem to have chilled out a bit. BPP earlier went great, both are practice breathing and both had the hiccups! Next NST on Friday. 

Exercise while pregnant- lol! I got out of the habit of doing anything really while I was so sick for so long, but yoga/ stretching and walking is about all I can handle. Not pregnant- I CANT WAIT to run again! And do a hard yoga flow. And just SWEAT from something other than trying to get out of bed or taking a shower 
  • Baby is 34 weeks! Feeling more wiggling going on and DH actually caught a glimpse of my belly moving! He was reading this political argument he had with a family member (for the 3rd time) and I guess Baby was really into it 'cos my belly stopped moving when DH finally noticed and got real quiet to watch. MW said she thinks Baby has flipped to head down position, but not 100%. Next check up, if she can't tell, we're going to do an US to be sure.

Baby shower was yesterday, so now that we know what we need (basically: everything on our registry), I'm making shopping lists to take advantage of Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. Hopefully, DH will set up the crib this week, once he finds where he (mis)placed the screws...

Rave/Rant: I'm so happy the shower is done with. It has been such a huge stress the past week and half and it didn't stop until we were finally home and in bed. I still had some leftover stress this morning when getting ready for work until my mom (who gives me rides to work since we work together) made me stop and drink my hot chocolate lol. Nothing beats a warm cup of hot chocolate (except for possibly a hard hot chocolate ;) )

Next appointment is next Wednesday. Check up and testing for GBS. We'll be going every week after next week. Things are speeding up!

Exercise: My first thought was, what is that? It's been so hard to do anything while pregnant because I was so sick first tri and then easily wiped out second and third. But yesterday, at church, the children did a dance to a really upbeat song and the congregation were encourage to dance along. My god kids were right in front of where we were, so I was dancing and jumping with them as support and encouragement. After the song finished, I looked at DH and we were both astonished that I was still standing. Now I'm pumped to try to go to the gym tonight and get some leg work outs in! Before pregnancy, I was doing the elliptical every night with a few weights here and there.  Can't wait to establish a new routine with Baby. 

Me: 33 DH: 38 Married: 1/10/15

1st Pregnancy EDD: 1/1/17 Born 1/10/17 Team Green turned Blue!

2nd Pregnancy EDD: 11/6/18 Born 11/09/18 Baby Boy!

3rd Pregnancy EDD: 12/?/21

Children are like casseroles; it takes a lot to mess them up.

• How far along are you? What's new with your little babe? 32 weeks. He's definitely moving his head low in my pelvic. This is my fourth pregnancy and he's definitely low. 

What are you doing this week to prepare for LO's arrival? Not a whole lot. I have a bad cold almost like the flu. We still have a lot of cleaning to do and need to buy more stuff. Hopefully this week we can order some stuff. 

Rants / Raves / Questions / Symptoms: A lot of discomfort. 

When's your next appointment? The next one is next Wednesday. I already see the doctor every two weeks. 

GTKY: What is your favorite way to exercise while pregnant? Not pregnant? I like to walk and do squats pregnant or not pregnant. 
    Pregnancy Ticker