April 2017 Moms

Co-sleepers

Anyone recommend a co-sleeper that you loved?
BabyFetus Ticker
Married: 12-04-06 
Annabelle: 1-1-08
Patrick: 8-15-10
EDD: 4-20-17

Re: Co-sleepers

• We never had one, but I might sidecar his crib to our bed this time for extra space if I can fit it all in our room.
  • Yeah, I thought about that, but it wouldn't fit the way our room is set up.  I think I've narrowed it down to two now I just need to go look at them.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the armsreach cosleeper mini. The bigger one is really large. I like it. DD2 was s baby that needed constant mama body contact to sleep at all so it didn't get much use. I'm going to try agsin for #3 though.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • I used the summer infant in-bed co-sleeper from target for DD the first 4 months and I'm going to be using the same one for LO.
  • I'm highly considering getting a side-car co-sleeper since DS slept with us for the first year. I'm hesitant because this baby could be totally opposite and I just wasted $$. I may wait and see how this baby does and go from there. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @Magheeta, our first two co-slept until around 7 months, but we're hoping to prevent that this time.  My husband is in the military and I'm working full time with this one so hopefully it goes well.  I'll be breastfeeding, though, and will always be tempted to just pull the baby into bed with us!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We used the Lulyboo portable sleeper and absolutely loved it. Got it on clearance at Target but you can also find it on Amazon. Much cheaper than the expensive DockATot. The sides have soft padding and its machine washable. I've stuck it in the machine (without the padded ring) a few times and it still holds up pretty nicely. Saving it for this upcoming baby. 
  • Starting my registry and starting to look at things for the nursery. As a FTM it's a little overwhelming. I'm not sure I want an in the bed cosleeper because DH already had a tendency to roll over onto me and knee me in the belly so I'm glad baby girl is well protected in there haha. But what's the main difference between a beside the bed cosleeper and a bassinet that makes one better than the other? 
  • @Magheeta that's a great idea, thanks! Both the looking at others' and sharing ours. I'm so clueless. Haha. 
  • @HGRich Agreed that looking at my friends' recent registries helped me get started.  It can be super overwhelming and there's stuff I'm sure I don't even know that I need yet! @Magheeta I would love a registry thread as well; that would be super helpful! Just have to be careful because my registries (I think) display full name and location.  Maybe there is a way to hide that stuff.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I think I've made my list on Amazon anonymous. I used my Bump name and an old dummy email address. I'm not sure if other sites like Babies R Us or Buy Buy Baby will let you make an anonymous list, but it looks like you can on Amazon. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• This one is love!!  I found mine 2nd hand for a fraction of the cost.  It is so nice and sturdy witch we loved with more than one kid.  I nursed all of mine and we co slept a lot, but at one point they decided they didn't want to cuddle mom and lived sleeping in this bed right next to me.  
  • We also used the arms reach co-sleeper and it was a life saver!  We will be using it again with this lo for the first 4 or so months, especially since her and our son will eventually be sharing a room.
  • I was planning to get an arms reach mini cosleeper but I discovered a new product yesterday that I think I might get instead. Sadly it doesn't come out until March so there's not much chance of buying one used. I originally wanted to get a rock n play but didn't like that the incline might cause trouble transitioning baby to flat sleeping later. I'm on mobile so hopefully the photo isn't too huge.

• May be a silly question, but what's the difference between the arms reach and a pack n play?
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @KirstinH88, to me, the difference seems to be that the arm's reach co-sleeper has a side that goes down so baby can just slide right over instead of having to get up and lift them out of the pack n play.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Does the amount of support baby gets vary with the kinds of mattresses or pads in these things? Does it matter? Am I overthinking it?  :p
  • @HGRich I am not sure about cosleepers, but I recently read an article about how to choose the right mattress for the baby's crib. I can't remember if it was here on TB or elsewhere, but it did say to picks mattress that has more springs, that way it's former (supposed to help prevent SIDS) among other things.. I never knew there was a right/wrong for mattresses. I'll have to see where I found the article and link it here.
  • From The Bump: "How To Buy A Crib Mattress" https://www.thebump.com/a/how-to-buy-crib-mattress Get the free Bump App: https://bit.ly/1UEYuli

Ah ha! Found it
  • Thank you @KirstinH88! That's helpful. 
  • When I started my registry I found it super helpful to refer to Lucies List for product descriptions, reviews, and comparisons. She has a section for co sleepers!
  • When I started my registry I found it super helpful to refer to Lucies List for product descriptions, reviews, and comparisons. She has a section for co sleepers!
    I've never heard of this, I'll have to check it out!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • catem07catem07 member
    edited December 2016
    We don't have a lot of space in our bedroom, so I'm planning on using the halo bassinest. It only requires 32" between bed and wall. A friend has one and I think I'll be able to borrow hers; they're expensive. I think I read you can use it until baby can roll over. 

HALO Bassinest Swivel Sleeper Bassinet - Essentia Series, Honeycomb https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LPBV1J2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_a4arybDZ6MXDW
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• DS and this baby will have to share a room, and DS doesn't always STTN yet. I am terrified they will wake each other up, so we plan to keep the baby in our room, at least until nightly feedings are on a schedule. Our room is small, so a co-sleeper is necessary. I wish I could just start this one is a crib right away, like we did with DS, but I dont think that would work out logistically. 
  • @rachelmiller03 boh my kids slept in a pack n play in our room for a long time.  Not sure if you have space
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers