May 2017 Moms

GTKY: Cravings and Aversions

As we are entering the second tri, these might be less and less, but it's still interesting to hear.

-What are you craving lately? Hating?
-Is this the same or different than last/other time/s (if that applies to you)? 
May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

Re: GTKY: Cravings and Aversions

• Cravings: The other day I had a craving for fried rice. My kind husband went out and got it for me. 

Aversions: Odd, but ground meat. Shredded beef, turkey slices, cut up chicken...all ok, but serve any of them in ground meat form, I can't do it. 

Compared to last time: I craved Subway tuna sandwiches last time. I actually had to keep track, so I only had 1 per week. I didn't like eggs last time, but I've never really been fond of them. I didn't get the super sick feeling like I do with ground meat. 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Cravings: fruit, dill, red meat

Aversions: chicken (last time I gagged the whole time I dealt with it), random things depending on their smell, and beer. I started hating beer before I found out and I still can't stand the smell of it.

Compared to last time: This is the first, so no last time. But I have to say, it's not what I was expecting!
  • Loading the player...
  • Cravings: none really. It comes and goes, sometimes if I'm watching TV and somebody is eating something I will want whatever they are eating. 

Aversions: Eggs, specifically boiled 

Compared to last time: I can eat this time around! Last time it was so bad, I was very very sick almost my entire pregnancy and lived on Zofran.
  • @bacorrea, I'm glad you're able to eat this time! I'm sure that was miserable! 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Cravings: I crave something different everyday and some days I don't crave anything. The other day was cheesecake& yesterday was a fudge brownie Sunday (from my favorite local ice cream shop)! Today I'm craving Carrabbas pasta and DH is taking me on a dinner date tomorrow I've made him very aware of my craving! 

Aversions: luckily for me have been long gone (said bye bye to those wk 12) but I couldn't eat hamburger meat, or any kind of pasta because the sauce left a horrible taste in my mouth. 

Compared to last time: this time I could actually eat more fulfilling foods. Last time I lived on crackers, soup and water! This time the morning sickness started later and ended earlier so that was a nice change from last time around. 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• Cravings: fruit, white sticky (sushi) rice with soy sauce, Subway tuna salad

Aversions: nothing in particular. I do have trouble with meat, but I can get it down. I just have not a very good appetite yet. I'm not nauseous I just can't eat more than about half of anything and then I'm uncomfortably full for hours. 

FTM so no "last time"
  • Cravings: This week I wanted string cheese, bananas, plain greek yogurt with honey, and pumpkin pie.

Aversions: Pretty much anything I've over-played already, like guacamole, thai food, everything bagels, or those leftovers I'd be eating for the 5th meal in a row. I haven't been able to handle green olives since day 1.
  • march2008march2008 member
    edited November 2016
    I've been craving cold cereal lately and Bruegger Bagel toasted everything bagels. Yum!

My main aversion is most meats. I can handle homemade chicken salad, but I haven't been able to eat many cooked (I should say heated)  meats. I'll probably enjoy the Thanksgiving sides mostly and the cold turkey sandwich leftovers.

I had the meat aversion with my first pregnancy and carb cravings, too.

BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Cravings- pretty much anything I see on TV that all of a sudden looks amazing. I'm also craving everything back home that they don't have here! 

Aversions- I've never been a huge meat eater and during pregnancy I can barely handle it. 

My last two pregnancies I craved anything cold like smoothies, fruit, salads. And my one random thing I also wanted always was bean and cheese burritos. I had the same meat aversions as this time as well. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • This is my first pregnancy, so nothing to compare to. 

Cravings: Pickles, Meat. It's funny seeing others are adverse to meat right now. I was a vegetarian for 10+ years and started eating occasional meat about a year ago (like 1-2 times a month), but now I'm craving it and eat meat every couple days. 

Aversions: Mushrooms. I've never liked eating them, but the smell is horrible right now. 
  • Cravings: It changes a lot, but most recently it's ice cream and Raising Cane's chicken fingers and fries.

Aversions: Honestly, it's hard to have an appetite for anything when everything smells gross, but I have been avoiding red sauces a lot. Also, I can not drink soda, it tastes like straight up chemicals and garbage water.

Last time VS now: last time I couldn't eat pizza at all and most foods turned my stomach which has been true some days of this pregnancy.
  • Cravings: nothing to specific. Just carby crap in general. 

Aversions: meat and vegetables. 

Different: VERY! Last time I was making 4 day a week trips just to get more produce from the grocery store. I would clear out sections of the salad bar at work and now I have to think really hard to come up with a vegetable I ate in the last month. 

May '17 labor memes
  • vrj0522vrj0522 member
    edited November 2016
    Cravings: I get different cravings on different days but nothing that I would say is a pregnancy craving . 

Aversions: I made salmon the night before my BFP but didn't feel like eating it and I've had an aversion for it the entire time. Other than that I can eat anything although most nights I don't want dinner and will eat something smaller. Aversions that I had during first tri that are now gone are pasta sauce, limes, and sweets.

All three pregnancies have been completely different as far as cravings and aversions go.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Cravings: It changes day to day but right now it's anything with chocolate and mint. I'm literally in line at Cook Out right now for a chocolate oreo shake. I worked out today and I have no shame.

Aversions: I ate lo mein a couple times too many recently and now it sounds disgusting to me.  Everything else is fair game! 
  • cravings: carbs and salads - I go days where I can't eat anything hot. 

Aversions: these come and go hourly, but I can't seem to think about a hamburger without gagging pretty consistently. 

FTM so nothing to compare to!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • -What are you craving lately? Hating?  Craving anything peppermint, like, give me all the peppermints! Still not loving meat and lately salad had been gross. 

Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • I just got a craving for fried chicken, thanks DQ commercial. DH offered to get Raising Cane's for dinner. Can't wait! 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Cravings:  skyline chili, breakfast (except no bacon or sausage), mashed potatoes

aversions: bacon and sausage, red sauce (like spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce. 
  • Cravings: Mango with chili powder, any baked goods, Italian dipping oil and bread

Aversions: None in particular, but random things have smelled that I had to avoid.

With DS1 I only ever craved cucumbers. With DS2 it was cucumbers, cuties, and steak.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Cravings: chicken nuggets from chick fil a, and yellow Gatorade. I was super sick (normal people sick on top of being pregnant) a couple weeks ago and when I had a little bit of an appetite again, all I wanted to drink was yellow Gatorade. I never used to drink Gatorade, and on the rare times that I did, I would get blue! Weird.
    Aversions: nothing in particular, but sweets have been way less appealing than usual 
  • @h&pmomma (it never lets me properly tag you), bean and cheese burritos are a random craving for me too! A few times now it's all of a sudden " I NEED a bean and cheese burrito"
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Pizza is another thing I have not felt like. I love pizza, but since I've been pregnant I can't stand the thought of it. 
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Cravings: lately it's been ruffles cheddar and sour cream potato chips and unsweetened iced tea and avocado, first tri it was French fries. Always (pregnant or not) is chocolate 

Aversions: mushrooms and Thai food (because I ate so much of it pre and right in the beginning of pregnancy) and raw red onions (which I usually love in my salads and sandwiches)

Compared to my first pregnancy, I could really only stand to eat potato anything in the first tri (so pretty similar) and an aversion was Vietnamese pho (because I ate it so often pre and right at the beginning of pregnancy). So definitely some patterns here. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Late to the game...
    Cravings...orange juice, this is with every pregnancy, strawberry pop tarts(gross), fish, and sour cream, which I can't stand outside of pregnancy.

Aversions...eggs, mostly just when they are cooking, pizza, which I normally love, and beef when cooking.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• rebecca517-2rebecca517-2 member
    edited November 2016
    Cravings: potatoes and meat 

Aversions: sweets
  • Cravings: meat and potatoes, pickles and olives, cheese, chipotle 

aversions: not many- some days it is grilled chicken and others sweets

compared to last- With both my last pregnancy I had extreme aversion to all meat especially red meat. I couldn't eat chicken until 3 tri. Thankful to not have such a limited diet! 
  • Cravings: This changes on a daily basis. Chili, Red meat, mashed potatoes. 
    Aversions: Mainly anything that starts to smell gross. Popcorn
  • Cravings: Soup, Greek salad and sweets... I'm honestly not that hungry....

Aversions: Basically anything healthy it seems... Absolutely no grilled chicken, fish, steak...I miss eating healthy a nice piece of meat and some veggies...

Why does being pregnant make me want to eat like a 5year old? For example the idea of a good burger is disgusting but I can do a Mc Donald's burger... 
  • Cravings: red meat in any form, mashed potatoes with a lot of butter and herbs, and sour candies.

Aversions: Asparagus and broccoli.

This is my first pregnancy, so I have nothing to compare. I normally hate red meat and love the veggies, though.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Cravings: chicken quesadilla from Taco Bell...mmm! Lemonade (or really lemon anything), apples with cheese

Aversions: veggies, mainly cold ones like salads

Compared to: last time I had a major meat aversion and basically couldn't eat or cook meat until almost 30 weeks. And I craved cinnamon rolls and butterfinger blizzards (and I don't really even like butterfingers)
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • Cravings and aversions changed on a daily basis for me. Oatmeal was probably my biggest aversions but not so much anymore now that I'm in the 2nd tri.

With my first pregnancy, I ate stouffers mac and cheese often at work, and fresh fruit (especially watermelon) and chocolate froyo at home. I think the watermelon was only because we lived in an A/C less apartment and I was already a furnace and cold treats helped.