June 2017 Moms

Blood seen on ultrasound?!

Hi ladies! This is my first pregnancy, and I'm a little scared. I am 9 weeks 1 day, due June 21. I went for my first dating ultrasound last week at 8weeks1 day. Heart beat was 168. Yesterday my doctor called and said they saw a 4mm bleed on the ultrasound, but there is nothing they have to do about it. I had been having brown discharge on and off the last two weeks, and some cramping. The discharge seems to have stopped now. My question is, has anyone ever had blood seen on their ultrasound and then went onto having a healthy pregnancy? I am so worried. I have to call my doctor tomorrow. 

Re: Blood seen on ultrasound?!

• I believe this is called a subchorionic hematoma or hemorrhage.  I know a few ladies here are dealing with this right now. I had it with DD2 and I was put on pelvic rest and it had resolved itself by my next ultrasound and I went on to have a healthy baby.  I initially had bright red spotting, which then turned brown.
  • I had the same thing at my 8 week ultrasound this week.  Mine is the size of a dime.  My OB said it's common and typically they are absorbed back into the uterus.  He said I may have a little bleeding bc of it...  Don't worry! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had this as well!!  I had discharge for almost 4 weeks but it will eventually stop.  My ultrasound tech told me up to 50% of women will get it!  
  • Hang in there! Rest and take care of yourself but it seems like everything will be okay and resolved quickly on its own!
  • Yep at 9 weeks I bleed so much out of nowhere and scared the crap out of me. It was enough to fill a pad. Went to the ER and they found the hematoma, two weeks later and it has dissolved and everything looks good. I still have some brown disharge and the dr said to stay on pelvic rest for another couple weeks. I'll probably just keep myself on it for the whole time though lol

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~

5/9/09
    Lilypie - Personal picture 

Here We Go Again!!