June 2017 Moms
Options

Shell app

Has anyone tried the Shell app yet?
I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and I'm petty sure that's  a heartbeat you can hear right around 9 seconds...
https://www.bellabeat.com/shell/share?id=slda9af770388fcc4aa794f59dbebba46537

Re: Shell app

• Options
    I don't have an iPhone... couldn't find it in the Google store.
  • Options
    Some of the reviews claim the heartbeats are pretty recorded. I haven't tried it. At this time you likely wouldn't be able to pick up a heartbeat with anything but professional equipment. 

Having said, I have not tried the app. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you found a heartbeat, it was likely yours.  The iPhone apps for doplar are just using your phone's microphone; they're not sensitive enough to pick up the baby's heartbeat until closer to 30 weeks.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
     I found mine as well and it sounded different, like a lot slower.  I have an appt tomorrow so I'm going to ask the dr if she thinks it's baby or not.  I'll update when I know more!  
  • Options
    Interesting. I would assume it wouldn't pick up the heartbeat until the baby was much bigger. But sounds fun to try anyway!
  • Options
    lmudra said:
     I found mine as well and it sounded different, like a lot slower.  I have an appt tomorrow so I'm going to ask the dr if she thinks it's baby or not.  I'll update when I know more!  
    If you find a heart rate that sounds a lot slower than baby's, it's yours.   

"Even earlier" does not mean 1st trimester.  It's just a microphone.  

Most OBs I know recommend against home dopplars unless you're trained in their use and have a medical grade machine.  There are too many instances of someone feeling "wrong," using the doplar, finding their own heartbeat, and assuming everything is ok with baby when it isn't.  If you're doing this just for fun, that's great.  But don't assume it means anything at all.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Oh for sure it's just for fun!  I was saying I found my heartbeat as well as what sounds like babies heartbeat (I linked the audio in my op of what sounds like babies heartbeat).  So I've heard two very distinct 'heartbeats' that sound nothing alike.  
    I have an appt today so I'll see what my ob has to say about what she hears!
  • Options
    Some doctors can't even find the baby's heartbeat with a doppler at 10 weeks. I'm very skeptical of this app. 
  • Options
    I don't trust it.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    This is the only post you've ever made? 

Now I trust it even less. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I don't get what you mean by that.  I just downloaded the bump app and started using it recently.  
    I've never gotten far enough in a pregnancy to warrant being on a forum like this.  I guess maybe I should find a different community.
  • Options
    @Mashunya425. Thanks so much!  
  • Options

That's a bit uncalled for... a lot of people lurk for awhile before posting, myself included. Just because her first post was about an app, and not in the "introduce yourself" thread does not give anyone the right to judge her, or be rude. 

@lmudra please stick around and ignore any of the negative comments that come up! This community really can be helpful for any questions or just to make you feel like what's going on is normal- or not! Welcome! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    She did introduce herself as well. 
  • Options
    BellaO21BellaO21 member
    edited November 2016
    @itsfine I honestly didn't check, that thred is so long I get behind quickly if I don't check often.. but I believe we all got my point! Lol

edited: because autocorrect likes to pretend it knows what words I want to say! Lol 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I can't speak for her, but I'm assuming @BelhurstBride meant that it seemed like a possible fake account promoting an app. or product. 
  • Options
    Did u ask? I just came across this on other baby forum apps and some people are swearing by it and some people are saying it's bogus...everything I've read online seems like it's legit 
  • Options
    That sounds much slower than the baby's heartbeat that I find on my doppler.  The baby sounds like a galloping horse. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• Options
    https://www.bellabeat.com/shell/share?id=sldadad8ef5c20b248a0ad3a083c672798f7

That was mine mine on my pubic bone whereas when I did it on my finger, couch and knee I heard like wind blowing and ocean waves
  • Options
    @Candyholic I had the same experience.  I just can't wrap my head around how when I put the phone to my belly it picks up a "heartbeat" but when I try to trick the app it doesn't pick up anything.  When I put it to my chest I hear a much slower deeper "hearbeat".  I've tried tricking it numerous times.  It's got me very perplexed that's for sure.  Anywho I'm not putting any stock into it I'm just curious what other ladies heard if they used it!  
  • Options
    You had said u we're mentioning to ur doc. Did u end up asking him? The secretary who answered my phone call said she never heard of it
  • Options
    @Candyholic I didn't get a chance bc I didn't see my regular doc that appt.  I didn't feel comfortable asking such a silly question to the practitioner I was working with
  • Options
    Thanks for posting about this. I'm super skeptical of things like this but I enjoyed hearing the heartbeat at my OBGYN's office so much I thought "what the hell." My husband and I just tried it out and we started by finding my heartbeat which was slow and that traditional "bum bum" sound. So then we spent probably a good 10 minutes looking for the baby and right as I was about ready to give it a rest, my husband found it. It surprised the hell out of me! Obviously, there's a lot of room for user error and ensuing panic, but overall I think it's a really neat idea and a fun tool to play with occasionally.

thanks again!!
  • Options
    The only thing that makes me nervous even tho I know I found it each time it's that I got like 22beats per ten seconds which makes like 130bpm and I think it's supposed to be over 150 at this point (10wks)
  • Options
    Don't stress, anything between 120-160 is apparently normal. If you're really nervous just record it and share it with your doctor at your next visit.
  • Options
    So I started bleeding on and off past two days (going for ultrasound tom morning) but I'm sitting here crying expecting the worst (10.3 wks)

i did the shell app because like I said it would be so reassuring and I'm copying my HB it took and the baby's. Let me know if I can trust it

My hb
    https://www.bellabeat.com/shell/share?id=sldaace9d4e741d640d98b2db28a3e9df09b

Baby
    https://www.bellabeat.com/shell/share?id=slda55bc28c836c44987b210fbc9edc76f9c
  • Options
    Yes, this is my first post.
    I joined this forum basically just to say that I read a complaint somewhere on another forum that someone had tried it on a pillow and found a heartbeat.  I thought I had found my own heartbeat (slower) and also my baby's (faster) but lo and behold, when I tried it on my duvet, as far as possible from where I was sitting, I also found a baby's heartbeat.  I was so disappointed!  I wanted to write a review of the app in the App Store so people like me don't feel duped, but in the App Store in country I'm living they won't take reviews yet!
  • Options
    So weird- I've tried many many times to trick the app bc I'm skeptical but I've only ever gotten a HB sound on my belly.  I even tried covering up the camera thinking that maybe they can see when you out your phone to your belly and that's when they start the HB noise.  Did you take your case off?  Did you tilt your phone correctly?  
    I asked my US tech what she thought and she definitely heard a HB.  Obviously she can't give me her medical opinion but she did say it was a heart beat sound and matched the heart rate of my baby (she simultaneously put on the doppler while I was using the app).