March 2017 Moms

BabyShower AWs

I know because of the holidays a few of us are already having baby showers!  So here is a place for all the stuff you want to show off! 

Share what you'd like, questions are just there as a guide!!

*stolen & edited from September,October&February BMBs

When was your shower?

How many people attended?

What did you wear?

Was there a theme? 

Did it go as you expected/wanted? Share. 

What was your favorite part? Or least favorite part, if applicable?

Any pictures you want to share? 

Favorite/interesting gifts? 

Advice for other moms with upcoming showers?

Re: BabyShower AWs

• Those cakes are adorable!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh that's so amazing!! :smiley:
  • Your noahs ark shower was so cute! Love the pokey puppy as a guest book idea. And the cake looks amazing!

As a side note, does anyone else feel a little weirded out by the concept of noahs ark themed nurseries? I mean...devastating flood...destruction of all life on the planet... :/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love that cake it's beautiful
  • @Kwitha8916 - Your shower looks amazing! Thanks for sharing  :)
  • @CoconutKisses21 oh my goodness your late god mothers blanket would have made me ugly cry too! how special. Everything looks beautiful
  • @kjd291 that sounds like a nice shower :) and it seems like you enjoyed it even if you didn't feel comfortable with having one at first, I think that's awesome. Just out of curiosity why do you side eye them for second time moms?
  • @babyspice  epecially when you are having the same gender babe like I am, I have everything I need! So it seems gift grabby to have a shower for another little girl when I just had one two years ago and have all her hand me downs. 
  • kjd291 said:
    @babyspice  epecially when you are having the same gender babe like I am, I have everything I need! So it seems gift grabby to have a shower for another little girl when I just had one two years ago and have all her hand me downs. 
    In general I agree depending how its promoted. I think diaper sprinkles are different though: some things you just can't hand down, lol. I also think it's nice when people offer and want to do something for you, but it's different when a mom is throwing her own second shower or complaining about people not getting her stuff.
    All Very true! I think it varies a lot from situation to situation. 
  • @kjd291 that's cool that you agree it varies from situation to situation. FWIW I don't side eye you for your personal decision to have one.
  • @jrde50eb12 I loved hearing about how thoughtful your mom's friends were.  <3 What an encouraging thing to link you back to her in this special time! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• When was your shower? 
    Sunday, February 12th 2017 

How many people attended? 15

What did you wear? a black and purple dress with black tights and boots and a purple bow in my hair!

Was there a theme? purple, gold, silver stars!

Did it go as you expected/wanted? Share. it was great! Our guest list dropped dramatically over the weeks leading up so we had a ton of food but enjoyed the smaller crowd. We ended up running late and were still setting up when everyone arrived so I kind of felt like it was a moot point to have decorated while everyone was already there and then take all the decorations down a couple of hours later but it still looked great and was fun working together to decorate. 

What was your favorite part? Or least favorite part, if applicable? Definitely the cake! 

Any pictures you want to share? my phone freezes up when I try to upload! :( 

Favorite/interesting gifts? 
    MIL bought baby some beautiful handmade blankets and we got the diaper pail and bottle cleaning stuff I was hoping for, and our car seat!!! My cousin in law gave me a bag of 100 hand folded origami stars for good luck which was so sweet, I cried a little. <3

Advice for other moms with upcoming showers? 
    take it easy and enjoy yourself! And make sure you have lots of help cleaning up!