February 2016 Moms
Options

Thanksgiving 2016

What are your plans? And...what are you making? Will LO get to eat any of the goods?

Re: Thanksgiving 2016

• Options
    We found an American family here to have Thanksgiving with!!! I'm pretty excited about it. In past years I've hosted up to 18 people in our tiny apartment for a turkey dinner - lots of fun, but exhausting as I cooked basically everything for everyone, since Thanksgiving isn't their tradition. With LO in the picture, I'm not really up to that this year...

Anyway, it'll be just 4 of us adults, and they're brining several side dishes and the pie. Score!! They've also got an 11-month-old baby, so we can keep an eye on each other's babes and I'm sure they'll be understanding about delays.

I definitely want LO to eat with us, but am a little concerned due to the sugar/butter levels because...we obviously put copious amounts of butter and sugar in our Thanksgiving fare. I'm considering making a couple of sides especially for the babies - plain sweet potatoes with just a pat of butter...maybe some green beans...not sure yet.

Curious to hear what the rest of you are doing!
  • Options
    So excited for thanksgiving with the babes this year !! Our lo will be 9.5 months we will be eating at my inlaws and baby girl will be having some food too ! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    robinj716robinj716 member
    edited November 2016
    My SO is working night shift, but will hopefully be on special patrol around the area we live in and will be able to stop at home for dinner. My in-laws and sister in law are coming over with a turkey, corn bread casserole, macaroni and cheese and I'm making mashed potatoes, rolls and green beans. I'm sure LO will have some type of thanksgiving food, but I'm not sure what? I have been pretty bad about offering him adult food :( I suppose I might leave some mashed potatoes to the side for him, before I add the garlic and butter. 
  • Options
    We will be going to my aunt and uncle's house. As far as I know it'll be them, my husband and I and my parents. They aren't really 'kid' people so it will be interesting. Our LO loves eating grown-up food so I'm sure we can find something for him to snack on so he feels included. I need to think about what dish to bring, so thanks for the reminder! :)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Latina211508Latina211508 member
    edited November 2016
    Sometimes we stay home and my husband makes a huge feast but we might go to my tías house this year. But we will definitely be bringing some of our goodies. A family recipe of mine that my husband always makes is cheese potatoes, yum! Yes, little Carmine will definitely have some food this holiday. 
  • Options
    Here's what we're making:
    Turkey
    Apple cider gravy
    Cranberry orange relish
    Sweet potato casserole
    Bread rolls
    Cinnamon whipped cream
    Vanilla ice cream

Our guests are bringing a few more side dishes. I think the babies will get to try the turkey and I will set aside some sweet potatoes and bread for them. They'll also probably get some mashed potatoes and brussels sprouts. :)
  • Options
    Getting a snooze in after  delicious Thanksgiving meal! He loved it all!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @SarahChristine12 he looks so sweet and snuggly! Good ol turkey day coma :)
  • Options
    Our big Thanksgiving dinner is tomorrow. I've been prepping all week. So excited! I hope you all had a great one yesterday.
  • Options
    @robinj716: <3
    Did he like the Thanksgiving food?
  • Options
    @=caenis= He sure did! He tried a little bit of everything- turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, green beans! It was a full diaper the next day LOL!