June 2017 Moms
Options

MoM Check-in 11/15

So... I haven't really seen one of these yet (or maybe missed it).

I thought it might be fun for those of us that are already a Mother of Multiples (MoM) and those that are an expecting MoM to have an opportunity to have a thread to chat and share with one another.

What type of multiples do you have/are you expecting (e.g., twins, triplets)?

How old are they or how far along are you?

When did you find out you were expecting multiples?

GTKY For those with children - what is the best part of being a MoM?

GTKY For those expecting - what is your biggest concern about your pregnancy or being a MoM?

Re: MoM Check-in 11/15

• Options
    What type of multiples do you have/are you expecting (e.g., twins, triplets)? Twins

How old are they or how far along are you? 3 years old

When did you find out you were expecting multiples? At our first u/s at 6w and I cried so hard that I blurred the image and we could no longer see them... I was NOT expecting to see 2 babies!!

GTKY For those with children - what is the best part of being a MoM? I love watching their relationship as it seems closer and more special than a 'normal' sibling relationship.  They are just built-in best friends... they fight terribly but at the same time really care for one another to the point they get upset when the other is getting in trouble or hurting.
  • Options
    @michaela0704 What a good idea! I'm seriously in shock still, and a little panic, so hearing any advice is just what I need! 

What type of multiples do you have/are you expecting (e.g., twins, triplets)? Twins

9 weeks 3 days
    When did you find out you were expecting multiples? At the ultrasound yesterday!! I went in preparing for the worst, I was spotting all weekend. The tech smiled and said "I'm just going to turn this so you can see what I'm seeing".... I looked and said HOLY SHIT, and then went into shock and just laughed. I haven't hit the happy crying yet, still in the initial panic. We have two kids now, and this is my last pregnancy. 

GTKY For those with children - what is the best part of being a MoM? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @halfthetree I felt so guilty for feeling the way I did, but DH and I drove separately to the appointment so we could head to work which was in opposite directions.  I ugly cried all the way back to the office, I was scared and even a little bit angry.  I didn't know how I was going to do it... I didn't know how I would be able to love them the same... I had no close friends that were multiples to better understand the relationship... I had been so excited to love and cuddle on a singleton so a lot of my planned parenting approach ideas and plans for birth, etc. went right out the window.  Obviously, it was shock and it didn't take long to shift gears but I really was not expecting it!
  • Options
    @michaela0704 all of what you said totally resonates! I am feeling a lot of the same. I'm pissed that my beautiful midwife assisted homebirth is out the window, now I'm stuck with an OB and a hospital birth. I can't cosleep and breastfeed in the same way that I am used to. I'm trying to shift that "woe is me" thinking, but I'm still fresh into the shock of it all. 
    Thank you for letting me know it's ok to not be just thrilled immediately. I know it's a blessing, and our family will be just amazing, but damn!
  • Options
    Super excited for this thread! 

What type of multiples do you have/are you expecting (e.g., twins, triplets)? Twins

How old are they or how far along are you? i am currently 11weeks and 5 days

When did you find out you were expecting multiples? I found at 6 weeks and 6 days

GTKY For those expecting - what is your biggest concern about your pregnancy or being a MoM? I am a FTM. I was nervous to be a parent to one sweet child and now those nerves have doubled! 
  • Options
    What type of multiples do you have/are you expecting (e.g., twins, triplets)?
    Twins

10w6d

When did you find out you were expecting multiples?
    Two weeks ago tomorrow at my dating u/s.

GTKY For those expecting - what is your biggest concern about your pregnancy or being a MoM?
    Right now, I'm most worried about work. My husband is a SAHP, so I'm carrying the financial burden. We will make it work, but I have a 1.5 hour one-way train commute, which is hard enough on me not pregnant. I'm afraid I will have to stop working early... plus the morning sickness and exhaustion has been super hard on me and I've had several sick days.

The great thing is that my midwives have chosen to keep me as long as they can (hopefully to the end), although they'll have to share care with an OB. I don't mind a hospital birth, but I did NOT enjoy my DD's OB birth where they shoved me in a room and ignored me. I really want support! So let's hope my little buns stay in the oven for a long time.
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • Options
    Waiting4FredWaiting4Fred member
    edited November 2016
    Fun idea! What type of multiples do you have/are you expecting (e.g., twins, triplets)? Twins How old are they or how far along are you? Turning 5 next week When did you find out you were expecting multiples? 6w6d GTKY For those with children - what is the best part of being a MoM? The relationship that they have. The girls ALWAYS have a friend to play with, and their bond is unreal. I'm actually nervous to have a singleton because they won't have a built-in playmate! *Edit: I don't know why my formatting is so darn funky. Sorry!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• Options
    @sls That is great your midwives will keep you!! Mine can't, Im heartbroken about not having that type of care, especially with a more "eventful" pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @halfthetree Ugh, that sucks. I had an OB/hospital birth with my first, and I was not appreciative of the level of care at all. I hope you get a good one.
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • Options
    @sls Oh me too. My first birth was very traumatic. I had a beautiful healing home birth with my second, and now having to birth there again is throwing me some anxiety for sure. 
    This is why I'm a doula, and have already hired 2! 
    Our health regions model of care is basically now you get whoever is on call, your doctor won't be paid if they show up. So I'm preparing for a fight for a vaginal, hands off birth