Baby's 1st Xmas Ornament — The Bump
January 2016 Moms

Baby's 1st Xmas Ornament

Anyone found any baby's 1st Christmas ornaments that they like yet? I have been keeping an eye out and haven't seen a single one I want. Given that I still have my first baby ornament, I am willing to spend a bit of money on it for my little girl, but I have to actually like the design! What have you purchased?

Re: Baby's 1st Xmas Ornament

• I'm in the same boat! I started to look last year and still haven't found a good quality one that I love 
  • I finally found one I like online (linked). I sent it to SO, he took a look and said, "I don't like it." Back to the drawing board...

Right now I'm thinking I will just modge podge gold glitter onto LO's old pacifier and use that as her ornament. It might be tacky as hell but it will be cost effective!
  • I actually like the pacifier idea better. It has more meaning. My husband has his old rattle that we hang on our tree. I may copy your idea! 
    l4rk
  • I saw something on Pinterest the other day about making an ornament by dipping baby's hand or foot in glue and pressing it against a ball ornament and then covering it in glitter. The photos were adorable. I might try that, but I doubt DS will be very cooperative :)
    grkgdss00
  • I like the "salt dough" idea. Make the dough...get a handprint or footprint and paint if you want!
  •  that does sound less messy!
  • fragglemomfragglemom member
    500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments Name Dropper
    edited November 2016
    KFrob said:
    You can get one of those metal ornaments for free if you use the code GIFTME by the end of the day tomorrow the 16th.  Shipping is $6.99
  • Last year for the grandparents we used Shutterfly. We uploaded our favorite picture and had it put on glass. Using the various coupons from our registry goodie bags, they came out to next to nothing. So cute when you use the baby's first picture, first family picture, professional newborn pictures, etc. I plan to get new ones made each year so that we can see how much our babies grow each year. 
    KFrob
  • I really like this one! 
  • cali1710 said:
    I really like this one! 
    Seen this one on Pinterest!
    cali1710
  • @jessfragione thank you!!! 

@cali1710 I love that one! 
  • Pottery Barn kids has some cute ones you can personalize. I think they usually do 40% off on black Friday so I'm waiting for that 
    KFrob
  • @cali1710 I love that one, but it seems like no matter what I do there's a hole in my little guy's forehead!  :D 
    I think I'll go with this: 225240842/babys-first-christmas-ornament?ref=cat_gallery_1

Me: 31 DH: 40
    Married 2012
    TTC #2 since July 2016
    PCOS diagnosed 2008
    cali1710
  • @linds852010 that ones so cute!!!
  • Alright mamas, I put my idea into action and now have two sparkly new ornaments!

All I needed were some neglected soothers, glossy mod podge, gold sparkles and Christmas ribbon.

You put a thin layer of mod podge, then sprinkle sparkles. Let it dry, do it again. Then add a final layer of mod podge to seal the sparkles in. When it's all done, add a ribbon and voila. Christmas ornament. The hardest part by far was waiting for the mod podge to dry in between layers!

JanuarysBaby1KFrobSDaniels19SBH041815
  • l4rk said:
    Alright mamas, I put my idea into action and now have two sparkly new ornaments!

All I needed were some neglected soothers, glossy mod podge, gold sparkles and Christmas ribbon.

You put a thin layer of mod podge, then sprinkle sparkles. Let it dry, do it again. Then add a final layer of mod podge to seal the sparkles in. When it's all done, add a ribbon and voila. Christmas ornament. The hardest part by far was waiting for the mod podge to dry in between layers!

Love it