April 2017 Moms
Options

Choroid plexus cyst UPDATED GOOD NEWS

Mama5181Mama5181 member
edited December 2016 in April 2017 Moms
Has anyone heard of or dealt with Choroid plexus cyst. We had our anatomy scan today and they detected this. i could tell the tech was spending an extra long time measuring things on the her brain. The Dr didn't seem to concerned. And we'll do a follow up level II us in 4 weeks. But I googled. I shouldn't have googled. I need to talk to someone else who knows what this is. 

ETA this is cysts on the brain. 

Update. Had a follow up level II ultrasound done yesterday. The cyst has cleared up on its on own noe need for further concern!!! Thank God that stress is over. 
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Choroid plexus cyst UPDATED GOOD NEWS

• Options
    blessedinmtblessedinmt member
    edited November 2016
    Hey, lady. I'm so sorry to hear your scary news.  
    I can only imagine the fear this is causing you.  There is a thread (same name as yours), with positive outcome,  on page 2 of March 2017. Hugs, good vibes, & prayers to all three of you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sounds scary. I have not personally seen this but, I know plenty of cases where they just dissipate on their own. Two nephews in my family had them and by later scans they were gone. I hope it turns out to be nothing.
  • Options
    Ignore my post to you on the appointments thread.  Sorry this happened today.  Don't have any info but I hope this resolves for you.  Sending good thoughts. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Options
    My daughter had them. We did a follow up or two and they resolved. They can be a soft marker, but almost all cases resolve. They are essentially harmless. I was worried, too, but everything resolved just fine!  DD is five now! 

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17 

• Options
    My best friend's daughter had them.  Her's also resolved by the next ultrasound.
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers