April 2017 Moms

Midnight Snacks

My sleep schedule is crazy this pregnancy.  I now wake up between 3-4:30 am, throw up because it's been too long since I last ate, eat a bowl of cereal, snooze in my recliner until I wake up around 5:30 or 6, eat an apple and start my day.  Every single day, it's super fun, I swear (insert sarcasm here!).  

Any way, anyone else waking up to eat late at night or super early morning?  What are your go to middle of the night eats?
BabyFetus Ticker
Married: 12-04-06 
Annabelle: 1-1-08
Patrick: 8-15-10
EDD: 4-20-17

Re: Midnight Snacks

• This past week I have also been sleeping like crap. Not sure if it's because I'm hungry or for other reasons. But I always just seem to make myself go back to sleep, sometimes after watching a TV show...
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry you're sleeping badly! If I have a night like that, I usually eat a bowl of cereal. Cinnamon Chex at the moment. 
  • I don't have to do a middle of the night snack this time around, but with my first two pregnancies it was apple and peanut butter every night in the middle of the night. It had to involve protein. 

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • @HGRich, my cereal craving changes every couple of weeks.  I just opened a box of Multigrain Cheerios, which is a lot better than the kid cereals I've been eating the last couple of weeks.  LOL

@MWoodside, I'm trying to increase my protein intake, maybe I'll add in a scoop of PB or grab a cheesestick when I eat the apple.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I keep a pack of peanut butter crackers and a banana next to the bed every night. Every time I get up to go the bathroom(usually about 4 times) I eat a cracker or half the banana. If not I'm so sick in the morning. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • How miserable that you are not only awake but throwing up :(. Whenever I wake up starving my go to foods are cheese sticks, a spoonful of peanut butter, and/or milk (despite not really liking milk as a beverage...I tell myself it's an extra few grams of protein for baby.
  • How miserable that you are not only awake but throwing up :(. Whenever I wake up starving my go to foods are cheese sticks, a spoonful of peanut butter, and/or milk (despite not really liking milk as a beverage...I tell myself it's an extra few grams of protein for baby.
    Right?!?  I hate that pregnancy is not a glorious time in life for me, but it just is what it is and I'll survive.  I ate an apple and slice of cheese right before bed last night and didn't get sick this morning.  I'm going to try that again tonight and what @Mama5181 suggested.  Here's to hoping it goes away soon!  Thanks for the feedback, girls!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I haven't been having a middle of the night snack since my nausea has subsided for the most part. I'll be stocking my bedroom with snacks thought for after the babies are born, nursing makes me ravenous! 
  • Late to the party, but definitely make sure you're getting some protein right before bed or when you get up in the middle of the night. It'll help you feel full longer and should help with the throwing up from being hungry! My go-tos are a handful of almonds before bed and an apple with peanut butter if I wake up hungry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had to buy a bunch of quick to eat things at the store for this.. I was the same with my daughter I wake around 3 and need to eat half a PB&J sandwich or a hot pocket or something.
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • I have a cup of hot milk before bed and that helps me a lot. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Cereal is my go to when i wake up in the middle of the night. early in this pregnancy if i didn't eat something every 2hrs i would feel so sick. i kept crackers, cookies, nuts on me at all times. It has passed and i don't have to eat so frequently, but i still eat my bowl of cereal when i wake up in the middle of the night...lol
    Me: 40
    DH: 51
    Married 15 years
    Pregnancies 4
    Children 0, 1 miscarriage, 2 stillborn :'(
    Expected #4 due 04/06/17