December 2016 Moms

Moms of Multiples 11/14/2016

Not sure how many more of these we'll get to do, but thought I'd throw one out there!

1. How far along are you & who's in there? (Or who's no longer in there!)

2. Milestones/Appointments?

3. Rant/Rave/Positives:

4. How are you feeling? Vent as needed!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Moms of Multiples 11/14/2016

• @brittnic86 how are you feeding at this point if you don't mind me asking... pumping, formula, some nursing?  Trying to set expectations for myself.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Loading the player...
  • @brittnic86 that was a perfect response from you! thanks for sharing!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brittnic86
    Oh my goodness they are so beautiful! Congrats!

• TollerToller member
    edited November 2016
    Ladies- how are you all doing?? @brittnic86 & @DiFazette - Any  word on the tandem nursing front?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @toller we're doing pretty well adjusting to a family of 5. We didn't get released until yesterday so it's not even been 24 hours.  Of course DS1 has been having asthma issues AND is getting his 3 year molars so that's a fun unexpected hurdle  :)

Apparently my nipples are flat.  Right now I'm pumping like a champ (which MAY help pull them out) and meeting with lactation as much as possible next week.  We decided to stop putting them to breast in the hospital since they were latching poorly and were going to hurt me if we kept things moving.  Tried a nipple shield but they were biting it and creasing my nipple so that was also not great.  They're both still under 5 lbs so I'm hoping as everyone gets bigger and stronger we can get the nursing/ tandem thing down.  

@brittnic86 dying to know how you're feeding and if you have any advice to share! 

Pregnancy Ticker     

• @DiFazette oh no about the molars!! DD got 1 out of 4 in the last few months and I was super hoping they'd all come in before the twins got here but that was wishful thinking.... poor guy and his asthma- is it usually worse in the winter?

Pumping  like a champ is AWESOME!!!! all the rest can fall into place later as long as you have that supply- super happy for you!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @DiFazette sorry lady you should've messaged me! Lol. I've been exclusively pumping. After lots of trying, supplementing donor milk, and lots of frustration on all involved in the 4 days spent in the hospital, we decided to just bottle feed. Sophia wasn't doing well breastfeeding, and wasn't getting enough, and had blood sugar issues. But she sucked down a bottle. Olivia was doing okay, but it was tiring her out. So we decided that was best. My milk came in the day before we were discharged. They told us to feed them every 3 hours. Since we've been home I've mostly kept up with it. Only used formula a couple times. I've been pumping 4-5 times a day, and usually get 160-240 ml each time. We just upped them to 50-60ml each feeding. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Any of you ladies still cooking babies?  :#
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • TollerToller member
    edited November 2016
    Me... 35 weeks was on Friday. Doc couldn't even reach my cervix, so barring other issues, could be a while yet?? Baby A is measuring small though so now  I have to go in 2x a week for extra monitoring  (she has a velamentous cord so they want to make sure it keeps functioning properly). haven't heard from anyone else in a while!!

Edited to add that I hit the 34 week wall of becoming just MISERABLE....

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @toller hang in there lady! You might make it further than the rest of us lol. But I know what you mean, by 33 weeks I was DONE. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hugs to those of you still pregnant.  I know exactly what you mean @toller about hitting the wall. I felt quite good until I hit mine about 34 weeks the. It was nearly unbearable to do anything.  Hang in there!  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• TollerToller member
    edited November 2016
      @DiFazette I'm so glad that even though your babes were a little early that you all got to go right home!! how is the exhaustion treating you? still better than being pregnant with 2?? :)

Are you able to keep the babies on semi-similar feeding schedules?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brittnic86 your name is tagged in my post to- idk why the bump won't show it!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Omg the every three hours is killing me @Toller @DiFazette  but strangely it's mostly the middle of the night I'm exhausted, not during the day. My husband went back to work, so it's mostly Me on baby duty. No idea what I'll do when I go back to work. Still way better than being pregnant lol. Don't miss that at all. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Toller feeling pretty good.  Pumping and feeding right now since we struggled with nursing.  I have an appt with lactation tomorrow.  I'd love to drop the pump and nurse - right now all I do is pump and feed babies.  They are on similar feeding schedules... though this weekend they've been cluster feeding at different times (which explains my previous sentence.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Hey there MOMs, just wondering if any of you have heard from our wonderful @Amecsey. I haven't heard from her since Friday, and as her LB want to make sure everyone is still doing well and the boys haven't arrived yet! :)

Pregnancy Ticker 

• @Amecsey hugs to you. Hoping you get a date and that gets you thru the next few weeks.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• I'll be starting a labor thread for our dear @amecsey as her water broke about 30 minutes ago!

Pregnancy Ticker 

• @DiFazette how did the lactation appointment go?? 

Pregnancy Ticker