TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Check In Week of 11/14

1.) Introduce yourself (if your new)

2.) Status - (Benched/ WTO/ TWW)

3.) Rants/ Raves -

4.) GTKY_ what type of music do you like listen to and what did you listen to in high school?

Re: TTCAL Check In Week of 11/14

• 2.) Status - (Benched/ WTO/ TWW)  Still WTO, unfortunately.  I think I've given up on this month entirely, though.  I had lots of watery CM the last two days, but no positive OPKs.  My temp was ridiculously low this morning, so we'll see what the next couple days do, but this might be an anovulatory cycle. My only consolation is that I have a RE appointment scheduled next month so I can hopefully address these issues. 

3.) Rants/ Raves - Rant: other than no O, not too much to rant about right now.  Rave: it's my 30th birthday on Thursday and originally I was going to be out of town for a work event.  That got canceled- yay! I know H is planning something for Friday night but I don't know what.  I'm a little nervous about that, as H is a terrible party planner (he "planned" a graduation party for me when I graduated from law school which basically means I did everything - but it was his idea, ha!) but it's thought that counts!

Also, we pulled all the Christmas decorations down from the attic yesterday and I've put all the fall decor away.  Excited to start decorating this week, even if it's a tad early!

4.) GTKY_ what type of music do you like listen to and what did you listen to in high school?   I don't listen to much music anymore, but when I do, it's pop/Top 40 type music, but from the 2000s.  I love Pop2K on satellite radio (songs from 2000-2009).  I listened to the same in HS.

Hope everyone's weeks are off to a good start!
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• 1.) Introduce yourself (if your new)
    Not new but a little background for those that are new here.  *TW-LC*.  My first pregnancy happened after 3 months of trying which resulted in my DS.  As soon as I could try again for number 2 we did and got pregnant again after 3 months of trying.  That resulted in MC in august.  Went in for U/S and no heartbeat...baby was measuring right so they figured heart had just stopped.   
    DH and I are both 41 so we have been in a hurry to have our family. I was 40 when DS was born.  

2.) Status - (Benched/ WTO/ TWW)
    I'm expecting AF anytime now.  So I will be moving to the WTO.  

3.) Rants/ Raves - Rant.   SIL told us unexpectedly that she will no longer keep DS for us while we work.  I feel like things went crazy in my life when I woke up Tuesday. New president, a BFN, niece pregnant and now this.  Ugh when it rains it pours 

4.) GTKY_ what type of music do you like listen to and what did you listen to in high school? I listen to anything now but mostly country.  When I was in high school I listened to pop, rap and r & b. Hated country in high school lol
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Hey y'all. 3rd cycle after 7 month bench. Anyone new here, welcome to the fam!  :):):)
    2. TWW, 4-5DPO. CM all over the place this month and I don't temp for a multitude of factors. 
    3. R/R: meh. Perhaps our protestors have finally dissipated? I work and live in different sections of the city so doesn't bother me, but I feel for all those with property damage. 
    4. All of my high school and college years were in the 90s, so I'm a big 90s on 9 Sirius fan. In high school my BF and I were really into early B-52s and old Tears for Fears which labeled us a little weird, ha ha. 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • 1.) MMC in March and another in August.

2.) WTO - CD5 here.

3.) Have just been slowly gaining weight this year with the 2 mcs. I have realized that when I am depressed I definitely turn to food and let things slide a lot. Going out to eat together, cooking big meals together is just a way for DH and I to cheer ourselves up.  Im trying to do as close to carb free as I can the week and a half leading up to Thanksgiving to kind of give myself a jump start. I feel like it will give me something to focus on now too.

4.) Right now I listen to primarily country with some Mumford & Sons, Ray Lamontagne and Lumineers thrown in. In high school I was all about boy bands- NSync, BSB, 98 Degress and also Britney, Spice Girls and Dave Matthews Band. @Mack2342 - I hated country in high school too - I just couldn't understand how people could listen to songs about tractors, lol.

@laeberge3 - Happy early bday - I hope the party goes well. Im sorry about the O confusion - hopefully seeing an RE this week will give you some answers.

@mack2342 - Im sorry for everything you are dealing with now. It really seems like when it rains it pours. Fx this is a better week for you!

• @laeberge3 - Happy birthday. Hopefully DHs party planning skills have improved ;) You're right, at least he is trying.

@Mack2342 - Sorry it was such a rough week.

@amberruka - I liked B-52s and Tears for Fears too, still do.

2.) Status - (Benched/ WTO/ TWW) WTO CD4

3.) Rants/ Raves - My mom helped me unpack and get my craft room organized on Friday, only one more room to go before being fully settled in our new home. Eight of us had a craft day Saturday to make Christmas stuff. My lanterns, pallet snowman, and snowman wreath turned out really cute. The rest of the year is going to be super busy between the holidays, holiday parties, SDs birthday, and Christmas shopping and decorating. Hopefully that will take my mind off TTC stress. 

4.) GTKY_ what type of music do you like listen to and what did you listen to in high school? I listen to Sirius XM 80's, 90's, The Pulse, The Blend, and The Bridge. I listened to 80's in high school. I like a lot of music, just can't do rap or R&B.
    **TW - Loss & Child mentioned**
    Me: 40  DH: 47
    Married: 10/2015
    DSD: 17
    BFP #1: 6/2/15, ectopic, metho 7/15
    BFP #2: 12/4/15, cp 12/7/15
    BFP #3: 8/5/16, MMC discovered 9/1, Misoprostol 9/19
    BFP #4: 5/10/17, EDD 1/20/2018
    Baby boy born January 12, 2018, 6 lbs 3.3 oz, 20.5 in.

• Happy early 30th @laeberge3! How nice that your work event got cancelled! I would love to be decorating for Christmas this week too but DH, who used to be a mid-December decorator, has said the day after Thanksgiving at the earliest. So I make up for it on the other end and leave them up til the end of January  :D

Sorry for the crappy week of events @Mack2342. Hopefully your SIL had good reason to spring this on you. I'm a nanny and I know finding good/trustworthy people to help out is tough. 

2) CD17, pretty sure I'm WTO but my temps gave me dotted CHs yesterday and showed O at CD13. However this morning my temps plummeted hard, like from 97.3 to 96.4 or something like that. So now I'm back to no CHs. I typically O 18-21 so it would make more sense that I haven't Od just yet. Next month I'm hopping back on the OPK wagon!

3) Rave - on Thankful Thursday I had tons of stuff to be thankful for so right now I'm just raving that besides IF life is treating me pretty well. Rant - DH and I went to the Pats game last night (that is actually a rave) but they lost in the final minutes and we didn't get home until 2am and today is my first day at my new coaching job so I have work and then open gym on no sleep. 

4) In high school I was a country and Top 40 hits girl. Now I listen to country, Christian hits and confession...lots of Christmas carols. There's just something about Christmas music that makes me happy. 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @soontobemommahowe - totally agree about the xmas carols! I may have listened to some on my way to work the day after the election. lol
  • @SoonToBeMommaHowe  Same on the Christmas carols! We've had them playing for a couple weeks on and off and there's just something about those songs that put me in a better mood. We keep our tree up into January, too. At this point, I've taken the position that if it makes me happy - and the tree especially does - then it is okay to go up and stay up. 

@NewMommyCoop  The craft day sounds so fun! I'm doing a simple canvas painting project for my gallery wall and can't wait to get it completed. 

Thanks for the birthday wishes, ladies!
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• 1. Took a bit of a bump break to get my head right. will re-intro:

MMC at 10 weeks in February. TTCAL since April. Obviously no luck and was doing medicated IUIs. Going to try on our own moving forward. 

2. Status. WTO CD 9. probably will O next week. I was supposed to start temping this cycle that didn't happen. I may start tonight since I don't usually O till CD 18 or so.

3. R/R. There has been a lot going on lately hence my Bump break- I guess I've finally come to the conclusion that I need help. I need to talk to someone. The level of grief I feel regarding infertility/and TTCAL is something I never imagined. It's been a rough year and it's time I deal with my emotions. Unfortunately, there are no Resolve support groups and the guy I was seeing in the past when I was going through my divorce was ok so I need to find someone new and preferably in my insurance network. I just have to muster the energy to do this. 
    **TW kids/divorce mentioned** In addition- I've been having issues with co-parenting with my ex. We have joint custody of DS and DD and it can be extremely difficult. The ex doesn't like to communicate and has his girlfriend act as his spokesperson- she has an extremely challenging personality.**
    Anyway as mentioned a lot going on, and trying to come to terms with where we are at with TTCAL and trying to stay positive
    Kind of a rave: My acupuncturist wants to start treating DH. Although our RE kept reassuring me over and over again that his sperm was fine. My acupuncturist thinks his morphology is borderline and could use some help since thus far everything with me is checking out. Anyway- what do we have to lose at this point? DH seemed amenable so we'll see.

4. GTKY. I listen to everything but primarily indie rock I guess would be the best category to describe it. I love Arcade Fire and the Naked and Famous. I've also recently been in love with Lord Huron. In high school I listened to The Cure and the Smiths.

@laberge3 Happy early birthday! I hope you have a great time with DH. My DH isn't great at planning either :)

@TScalei I understand completely on focusing on health. This year has been rough on me with weight gain and trying to stay consistent with workouts. I am following a strict meal plan as well for now and also enrolled in my friend's bootcamp (she's a trainer). I agree, it's good to have something else to focus on.
    @mack2342  I'm sorry for the rough week. Sometimes it feels like it all piles on and dealing with daycare situations is rough. I hope you get it resolved soon.

@Newmommycoop distractions are great! Sounds like the rest of the year will be nice and busy :)

****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • **TW***

1.) Introduce yourself (if your new): I'm still new ish.  It's still my first month in the group. I'm TTC for the first time in 4 years.  My EX and I tried for just over 4 years and had 12 mc.   Then my DD was stillborn at 22 weeks (in 2013).  Flash forward to now.  I'm with the man of my dreams and we got answers finally!  I have antiphospholipid antibody syndrome which is a blood clotting disorder. 

2.) Status - (Benched/ WTO/ TWW):  TWW.  I was 10DPO today but this morning when I entered my temps, FF changed me to 8DPO.  I literally yelled "NO".  Now my base line temp is way higher than it was and I feel stressed.  Oh well.  Trying to wait until at least Wednesday to test.  We'll see if I can wait that long.

3.) Rants/ Raves - Rants: See above.  GRR!!  I have zero patience.  Also, I have so much heartburn and nausea that I can barely eat.  I'm exhausted from it. 

Raves: The property manager at our apartment complex is FINALLY coming tomorrow with the head of maintenance to look at our apartment.  There are a bunch of things that were broken when we moved in and it's taken us 2 months to get them to come take a look.

4.) GTKY_ what type of music do you like listen to and what did you listen to in high school?   In high school I was stuck on boy bands and musicals.  I was a choir/band/theater geek and well... It was the early 2000's.  
    Now I like.... musicals...yup still a geek and I love every minute of it.

@laberge12 Happy early birthday!
    **TW loss mentioned **

12 miscarriages in first marriage (2007-2011)
    Surprise BFP - 06/2013
    Daughter stillborn at 22 weeks - 09/09/2013
    Married my best friend - 09/03/2016
    Genetic testing came back with APS - 10/03/2016
    TTCAL - 10/21/2016
    BFP - 11/18/2016
    EDD of Rainbow baby - 07/30/2017
  • @laeberge3   Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day

@TScalei  I've been struggling with weight too. I too turn to food.  I went back to Weight Watchers so hopefully I can get a handle on it!  Good luck to you!  It's so difficult and I'd rather be gaining because of pregnancy 

@NewMommyCoop  Craft day sounds great!   I also love the 80s

@SoonToBeMommaHowe SIL gave no good reason.  good luck at the new coaching job

@roxgibbons I hope you find someone to talk with. It is difficult but talking with someone can be of great help. 
  • @sparrowmomma24 does it look like maybe you have triphasic chart? did you have another temp jump that is confusing FF?
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Married: 07/2014, TTC since 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/1/16, MC 1/14/16 (6 weeks), D&C 2/5/16 (9 weeks)
    BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
    BFP #3: 12/24/16  EDD 09/04/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @stephann85 I had one at 4/5DPO but today I was supposed to be 10DPO.  And my temps have stayed right about the same.  I'd post a photo, but I'm not sure about the rules here. 
    **TW loss mentioned **

12 miscarriages in first marriage (2007-2011)
    Surprise BFP - 06/2013
    Daughter stillborn at 22 weeks - 09/09/2013
    Married my best friend - 09/03/2016
    Genetic testing came back with APS - 10/03/2016
    TTCAL - 10/21/2016
    BFP - 11/18/2016
    EDD of Rainbow baby - 07/30/2017
  • I'm always so late to this and it's only 6:30!  You ladies are quick.

@laeberge3 Hope your RE appointment offers up some answers. And happy bday a few days early.  Hope you have a great time.

@Mack2342 Sorry about all the upheaval and changes.  

@TScalei Ugh, I've gained weight too.  Same reasons as you.  And, I'm addicted (like need an intervention) to those Stays Cin Sugar chips.  I have given myself until my HCG is at 0 to wallow and then back to business and the gym.

@NewMommyCoop Love crafting!  My friend hosts a monthly craft party at her place and every month someone new shares a talent.  It's the best to lose your worries while engrossed in creative projects!  Post some pics of your creations!

@SoonToBeMommaHowe Agreed about Christmas carols.  They are stuck in my head all year long.

@roxgibbons Sorry you're having a rough time emotionally.  Have you thought about a support group that meets in person?  I  never felt comfortable talking to some strange therapist that didn't go through what I was going through and couldn't really get it on the same level.  I did however go to a group when I had anxiety problems and there is something about talking with other people that actually "get it".  Good luck.

afm

1) Ectopic 9/23/16 HCG currently in the 400s.  

2) Benched until 2-3 cycles after 0.  The end seems so far away!  I am hoping my dr puts me on a folic acid prescription because I have been totally exhausted lately and I think it's due to that.

3) Rave...in the 60s all week here in CT.  Me and the doggies have been hitting up the dog park.  I also have the best friends that make me feel so blessed.  There is nothing better than laughing with friends.  And, we are going to Florida next week so I am super excited for that beautiful weather too!

4)  I was your typical skater/grunge girl listening to nirvana, weezer, and punk music.  I still love all of that but I am more of an indie music lover now.  I love houndsmouth, best coast, beach house, and rilo kiley.
  • 1.) see siggy

2.) Status - Currently cd12. Think I might be ovulating today... FX.

3.) Rants - dropped my phone on Saturday and broke the screen. found out that it will cost 200 for insurance claim or 300 to fix the screen on my own. It wouldn't be so bad but the phone is only 2 weeks old.

4.) GTKY_ what type of music do you like listen to and what did you listen to in high school? 
    Mostly listen to pop/top 40. listened to rap and pop mostly in high school. Love the 90s and early 2000s.
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Married: 07/2014, TTC since 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/1/16, MC 1/14/16 (6 weeks), D&C 2/5/16 (9 weeks)
    BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
    BFP #3: 12/24/16  EDD 09/04/2017
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @stephann85  Stinks about the phone.  

@laeberge3  Happy early birthday.  I hope DH plans something nice.  

@TScalei  I've always enjoyed cooking.  Since the mc, I've been wanting nice comfort food.  Not to mention it's getting chillier.  Yesterday I made a whole stalk of brussel sprouts wrapped in bacon.  Yup.... I was looking forward to the fat dripping onto the sprouts.  I didn't find it fatty enough.  Oy vey.  

@Mack2342  Ugh.  Rough week is an under statement.  When it rains it pours.  Fx for brighter tomorrows.  

1. .) Introduce yourself (if your new)  First preg.  MMC diagnosed 10/20

2.) Status - (Benched/ WTO/ TWW)  Waiting for AF and levels to go down to 0.  Was at 5.9 last Tuesday.  FF detected O, it was a dotted crosshairs.  Maybe I'm at TWW.  Just waiting.  Redraw of levels this Wednesday.  

3.) Rants/ Raves - I work in the school system.  People I work with frustrate me so much.  It's not the kids, or the parents.  It's my colleagues most of the time.  I want people to stop putting labels on children.  We can help them without the labels.  Read a pretty good article about how DSMV diagnoses should be made in pencil.  End rant.

Raves - put out 34 bags and 4 barrels of leaves this week.  I love how cleansing it feels.  Only 2 more weeks of yard waste collection.  

4.) GTKY_ what type of music do you like listen to and what did you listen to in high school?   I love country.  I admit that some pop, hip hop and rap are pretty up beat.  On the rare occasions I run, those are my go tos.  In high school I loved me some R & B.  Also didn't understand country until senior of college I think.  

Hope everyone had a good weekend and a good Monday.  
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @tscalei well as several others have already said, I've gained weight too. When life is so out of control, food is comforting. But now the extra weight feels like salt in the wound  :/

@sparrowmomma24 sorry your CH moved! I'd be mad too - the wait is long enough! 

@roxgibbons I think it's amazing you've realized you are ready for some help. It takes a strong person to do that - don't you forget that! The grief that comes with loss is something that I don't think we will ever truly understand because there is no "reason" that provides any comfort. I hope you find an outlet that works for you. 

1) natural mc in September, started trying again immediately
    2) TWW 7DPO
    3) My rant is that for some unknown reason, I'm totally convinced I'm KU. So that let down will be rough. 
    4)NSync baby! I still love it, although I listen to almost everything nowadays. I'm really getting back into 80s music lately. 

Question for you ladies- the recommended 12 month wait for testing....does that count start over after a loss? 

• @hartmich - I have heard it both ways. Some say that it starts over after a loss so you would have to wait another year, and others don't. I think it really depends on your individual history too. My doctor wants me to wait another 6 months since I just had my HSG but we have already been trying for a year and a half total - 8 cycles post loss. I am going to call and RE myself after the first of the year with or without the support of my doctor. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • TScaleiTScalei member
    edited November 2016
    @harmich- I know I feel like I have baby weight without a baby! Ugh! ): And yay for a fellow NSync fan!