Pregnant after IF

2nd Tri Check In Week Of 11/14

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for. If I'm missing anyone from this list, please let me know and I will add you. 

Mommies to be:
@NurseTMD85 EDD 2/17/17 with 1 girl!
@chicandbubbly EDD 2/25/17 with 1 boy! 
@yelllow22 EDD 3/1/17 with 1 girl! 
@nirendoll EDD 3/3/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!
@vlbartlett EDD 3/5/17 with 1 bean! 
@AandDM2014 EDD 3/10/17 with 2 girls and 1 boy! 
@mrygoround EDD 3/28/17 with 1 girl! 
@pdbird EDD 3/28/17 with 1 boy!
@2legbaby EDD 4/6/17 with 1 girl!
@jenn6782 EDD 4/7/17 with 1 girl!
@cmm012 EDD 4/9/17 with 1 boy! 
@ale9687 EDD 4/11/17 with 1 boy!
@Knottie36622473 EDD 4/13/17 with 1 girl!
@Rachnan EDD 4/13/13 with 1 boy!
@babylonghorn16 EDD 4/16/17 with 1 bean!
@ADRIANAC1982 EDD 4/28/17 with 1 boy!
@BornReady EDD 4/28/17 with 1 girl!
@Steff_99 EDD 4/30 with 1 bean!
@frustrated and ttc EDD 3/27/17 with 2 girls! 
@clt2pmw11 EDD 5/1/17
@halips EDD 5/1/17 with 1 girl!
@flanenrs1 EDD 5/3/17 with maybe 1 girl!
@BlueEyedDreamer EDD 5/5/17 with 1 boy!
@kristynelson13 EDD 5/7/17
@cato99 EDD 5/9/17
@PNW12RN EDD 5/10/17 with 1 girl!

QOTW: Do you have a babymoon planned?
About us:
Me - 28, Lean PCOS
DH - 31
Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

Re: 2nd Tri Check In Week Of 11/14

• I cannot even believe this is my last week on this board!!  I guess it's kinda sinking in that there will, in fact, be a baby in 3 short months. EEK!! Our goal this week is to get through our pregnancy videos. We can't do a childbirth class because our schedules are so opposite, but I found that Baby Center has free online tutorials. So we're giving those a try. I had my one hour glucose test on Saturday and am awaiting my results. No more baby-related appointments until November, but the shower I'm not supposed to know about is in 12 days :wink: 

QOTW: I took off the day before Thanksgiving to December 5th. It's a staycation that I rescheduled from October due to staffing issues at the office. I figured it would be a good time since I'll have some baby stuff to play in :heart: DH and I are also having a mini baby-moon: a long weekend at a cabin in West Virginia the second week in December. It's close enough that if something happens we aren't too far away from home. It's also pet friendly so out furbaby can come :smile:

Here is my most recent bump picture, and one from about 2 weeks ago when Axel started snuggling his baby sister :heart: (Excuse the dog hair I am covered in - We had some serious snuggling)
    Me: 31 / DH: 32
    Married 10/14/2011
    TTC since 11/2011
    DX: unexplained infertility

1st IUI 12/23/15 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 1/8/16 BFN
    2nd IUI 1/22/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 2/8/16 BFN
    3rd IUI 2/27/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 3/15/16 BFN
    4th IUI 3/27/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 4/11/16 BFN
    5th IUI 4/26/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - Beta 5/11/16 BFN
    *****TRIGGER*****
    6th and final IUI 5/27/16 Clomid + Ovidrel - BFP!!!
    1st Beta on 6/8/16 @ 12piui: 22; 2nd Beta 6/10/16 84.4; 3rd Beta 6/13/16 300; 4th Beta 6/16/16 1168; 5th and final beta 6/20/16 4188
    1st U/S 6/23/16 - Two babies! One measuring 6w1d with a visible heartbeat!!! The other is measuring small and isn't likely to make it
    2nd U/S 7/5/16 - Baby #2 didn't make it :cry: Baby #1 is measuring right on schedule and has a FHR of 143!!
    3rd US 7/15/16 - Baby #1 right on schedule! FHR 168!!! Discharged from RE!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Happy Monday everyone! I am 16 weeks with 1 girl after my first FET. Cruising along here and finally feeling some relief from the nausea the last day or so. I was actually able to open my freezer this morning without getting sick, which believe it or not is a real victory. Oddly, my freezer has been my biggest trigger for getting sick this pregnancy, hopefully I've turned a corner. 

Other than that, I will likely do an early glucose test this Thursday as they suspect I had untreated gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy that led to pre-term birth.  So, they are keeping a closer eye on me. 

QOTW: With our son who is now 2.5 years old we did a baby moon and drove route 1 from San Diego up to San Francisco for our baby moon. It was awesome, stayed at some great places and enjoyed being in a car as two adults. Road trips with a child have been substantially less relaxed! For this kiddo, we will probably do something low key with our son, as last hurrah for him as an only child. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @BornReady High-five for no nausea!!!! I had it too all day long until somewhere between 16 and 18 weeks. So awful. Glad it stopped for you! I hear some people have it for the duration! Good luck with the glucose test!
    Married 10/14/2011
    TTC since 11/2011

*****TRIGGER*****
    1st Beta on 6/8/16 @ 12piui: 22; 2nd Beta 6/10/16 84.4; 3rd Beta 6/13/16 300; 4th Beta 6/16/16 1168; 5th and final beta 6/20/16 4188
    1st U/S 6/23/16 - Two babies! One measuring 6w1d with a visible heartbeat!!! The other is measuring small and isn't likely to make it
    2nd U/S 7/5/16 - Baby #2 didn't make it :cry: Baby #1 is measuring right on schedule and has a FHR of 143!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh! Apparently Sundays are now for bleeding for me. I had none last week, then we were naughty and BD on Saturday, but I had just a little blood so I thought I was out of the woods, but then on Sunday afternoon, I started bleeding with earnest. I didn't go to the ER this time as it was similar to last weeks episode, and I have an appointment this afternoon anyways. I did pull out our doppler and heard all three going strong, so I'm not super worried, I'm mostly just really annoyed that I'm bleeding. Like pregnancy is the one time where you don't have to worry about bleeding, and I've now had it two weekends in a row! Ugh! I'm gonna bring it up with my MFM today, and we're definitely not going to BD again for a long while! 

@NurseTMD85 Isn't it the best when your fur babies want to snuggle with our human babies! I can't wait until my babies start kicking my fur baby to see how she reacts! And great idea about the online video classes! That sounds like a good idea, I may have to look into that! Also, staycation sounds awesome!

@BornReady I'm glad you're feeling better! I hope you find something super fun to do with DS before new baby arrives! If you're in So Cal still, there are a lot of great children's museums and stuff you could do.

About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• @AandDM2014 I'm so sorry that keeps happening to you! Like we don't have enough to worry about! I hope all goes well at your appointment this afternoon!
    Married 10/14/2011
    TTC since 11/2011

*****TRIGGER*****

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks @NurseTMD85! I hope my doc has some better answers than the ER doc last week!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @aanddm2014 ugh that really stinks. I hope the MFM can give you an idea of why you keep bleeding. 

19 weeks tomorrow, it's exciting to think I'm almost at the halfway point! I'm starting to feel some movement but it comes and goes. Hopefully in the next week or two little one will get stronger and I'll feel him better. We have our anatomy scan on Thursday. We haven't seen our boy in 5 weeks so I'm really excited to see how much he's grown. 

Qotw: no babymoon for us. I want to save as much vacation time as possible next year for after baby is born and with the holidays and work were just too busy to do anything this year. I am off of work the last two weeks in Dec so I'll just enjoy my time not working. 
  • @AandDM2014 hope the bleeding subsides soon! Glad your LOs have strong heartbeats!

Had the anatomy scan this morning! It was so great!!! Ultrasound took about 30 minutes and we got a bunch of different views. Baby looked perfect and heartbeat measured strong @ 150 bpm! Did some dancing for us too! A weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Maybe I can stop worrying for a while!
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • @ale9687 Thanks, me too! I hope your AS on Thursday goes well and you get to see your little for lots of it! And lucky you that you get off work the last two weeks in December! That's super cool!

!babylonghorn16 thanks, me too! It's super freaky to be pregnant and see blood where there shouldn't be any! I'm glad your AS went well this morning, and yay for getting to see him/her for lots of it!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @babylonghorn16 that's great news about your anatomy scan! And @AandDM2014 that's such a drag about the bleeding during this presumed bleed-free time, hopefully it tapers off soon and those heartbeats remain strong!

I'm 15 weeks tomorrow with one; we haven't confirmed the sex yet but the ultrasound tech at the NT said it looked like it was leaning girl. This is my first week on the second trimester thread, thank you for adding my name up there! I wish I felt the difference more; I'm still queasy and headachy and OMGDYINGsleepy.

We have a babymoon planned for the first week of January to a small spa-hotel in (what I hope will feel like) the middle of nowhere in Carmel Valley. So if I'm feeling blah I can be at the spa or in the room with the fireplace going, but if I'm feeling more energetic there's great hiking in the area, or little trips to Monterey or Carmel by the sea. 
  • @cato99 Welcome to the second tri board! My fatigue lifted for about three days, and now I could seriously nap 3 hours a day and sleep 9 hours a night easily! That sounds like a fun babymoon! And thank you!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @cato99 welcome and I agree. I don't think the sleepiness goes away. I have full on embraced going to bed around 8pm every night. 
  • I just got back from today's appointment and everything looked great! The babies were having a yoga dance party and there was no evidence of any blood in my uterus where it shouldn't have been, plus my cervix is long and fully closed. There really is no explanation for my bleeding, so we're gonna try no sex for two weeks (bummer!) and see if it fully stops. It's mostly gone for now, but that happened on Sunday morning too and it came back in full force.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• I've finally graduated to the second trimester!  I am currently 14+5 weeks pregnant with a single girl.  Random unexplainable pregnancy ~3 weeks after a failed FET.

My next appointment is next week, right before Thanksgiving.  Not doing any thing special at that one, I think.  We did get to schedule our 20 week US/appointment for the week before Christmas, which should be fun. 

Overall, I'm really looking forward to getting a baby bump.  Nothing to report yet on that front, which is a little frustrating for me.  I think it's because I am taller and there is more room for a baby to hide in there?? 

We have plans to head to the San Juan Islands (near Seattle) when I am 28/29 weeks along over President's Day weekend.  We're going with some close friends who are also hoping to be pregnant by then (starting IUIs soon).

I am also trying to coordinate things with my sister, who is donating eggs for us to use for baby #2 (my current pregnancy is a total fluke and not repeatable).  We were already in the process of setting this up when we found out I was pregnant, and are still going to go ahead.  Hoping to do the ER in late December/early January.  It's tricky because I've gotta work on plane tickets to get my sister back and forth and figure out what to do for work, since I'll need to have at least one day off to be there for the ER and take care of her after the procedure.  I'm sure we'll get it sorted out.
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • @PNW12RN Yay for making it to the second tri with your miracle baby! If it makes you feel any better, my bump didn't start really showing until about 15/16 weeks, and I have three LOs! I have a longer torso, so mine had more room to move before having to go out, which is probably the case for you. I was waitng and waiting for mine as well as I worked damn hard to get these babes, and I wanted the world to know! I hope things go well with your sister!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @chicandbubbly Thanks! I feel better now that I've seen my doctor and he's shown me that everything is looking normal. Cute bump pic! I bet Hawaii was awesome!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @NurseTMD85 Congratulations on graduating to 3rd tri next week!

Welcome to the newbies in 2nd tri!

I started feeling kicks late last week at 20 weeks (it startled me)! I can feel them with my hand outside too even with the anterior placenta, but DH can't yet. I am so excited for him to be able to feel her move. 

QOTW: We don't have a babymoon planned. I am feeling so much better, but with the holidays and visitors I am sure I will want to spend any free time in the new year nesting, napping, and making sure we're ready in case she comes early. 

**** Trigger warning ****

IVF/FET with PGS
    EDD March 28, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi guys! I will catch up on everyone's news when I have more time. For now, a fly by posting. I'm 16 weeks, and we went to the ob yesterday and the heartbeat was 153. I haven't felt any kicks yet, but my back pain is seriously kicking in. I can barely stand for more than 20 minutes. I'm still exercising as much as possible. Other than that, we are calmly waiting until our 20 week scan so we can find out the sex. 
    I'm not sure about the babymoon. We had planned a two night little get away to Asheville, but money has been crazy tight the last month, so we are rethinking our plans. I'm a little depressed right now anyway because of finances. I told me sister I would have to do a family gift for her kids instead of buying for them all individually. I just can't squeeze money from a rock right now. It makes me sad because I do love the holidays and I usually love buying gifts. I guess there's always next year.
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @clt2pwm11 I hear you about money being tight and Christmas gift buying. We usually do an individual gift for each of our immediate family, but that's 14 gifts! I just don't feel like we can do that this year, but I'm not sure how else to go about it. 
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• edited November 2016
    Hi all! I'm 15w5days today.

I'm still struggling along here with nausea and exhaustion. I tried to go off of Diclegis again last week, but it did not go well. I'm just hoping that I will start *feeling* like I'm in my second trimester soon, because this sucks! I have a small bump, although most of the time it just looks like I've gained a little weight. But I finally made it back to my pre-pregnancy weight as of this morning - yay! I just wish I could start feeling better...

My next appointment is on Friday for a checkup, and then our anatomy scan is with the MFM on 12/6. 

No plans right now for a babymoon. I feel so sick and travel so much for my work that I'd honestly rather just lay on the couch at home for a weekend than try to go anywhere!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @BlueEyedDreamer I'm sorry you're still feeling nauseous. I hope it goes away soon. I also hope you get good news from your AS!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @blueeyeddreamer Sorry you are still feeling so sick! I am just a little ahead of you (17 weeks on Friday), but was still getting sick daily up until a few days ago. I've been on the upswing since Sunday or so, so I'm hoping it continues.
  • @AandDM2014 Thanks! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the little muffin at the AS and hoping it goes smoothly!

@BornReady That gives me hope that maybe I will get better soon! Part of me is starting to wonder if this is going to last the whole pregnancy... hopefully not! With DS, it died down around 12 weeks, but my nausea with that pregnancy was NOTHING like it's been this time... Fingers crossed for some relief in the near future!!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    DS1 born 2/14

April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @blueeyeddreamer Me too, I was starting to get a little depressed that it was going to last the whole time. Like I'm eternally grateful and all for this pregnancy, but vomiting everyday and feeling like I have the flu was starting to get on me mentally. I was never this sick with my DS either, craziness. Fingers crossed relief is on the way and you can feel yourself again!
  • @babylonghorn16 glad the anatomy scan went well!

Welcome @PNW12RN and congrats on your surprise miracle baby! 

I have my first glucose test on Monday and part 2 of our anatomy scan on Wednesday. Tomorrow marks week 20!!!! 1/2 way there :)

QOTW: We just got back from our babymoon in Charleston. We stayed at an amazing bed and breakfast, ate some amazing food and got lots of exercise walking around historic downtown Charleston it was a much needed break for DH and I, but couldn't help talking about our little girl and planning for her arrival!

******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • @BornReady Exactly! Even with the absolute joy and thankfulness of finally being pregnant, it's hard not to feel down after being sick for this long. It's definitely gotten me a little depressed - it's just hard to stay mentally strong when you feel so physically ill with no end in sight. I'm just trying to get through each day one at a time. I hope your relief lasts and that I might get the same soon! :) 
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    DS1 born 2/14

April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Ladies! I have had 10 weeks of no nausea. But last night? It came back full force. Anybody else have this happen? I can't live like that again :confounded:
    Married 10/14/2011
    TTC since 11/2011

*****TRIGGER*****

BabyFruit Ticker
  • clt2pwm11clt2pwm11 member
    edited November 2016
    @NurseTMD85 I haven't had ten full days without it, but I will go long stretches with nothing and then be sick as a dog. Brushing my teeth in the morning is what generally makes me sick. I'm not even brushing that hard or deep, so it's not like I'm gagging myself. 

My back pain got really bad last night. I had been on the couch for awhile reading a book and when I went to get up, my back totally seized up. It was terribly painful. I managed to call husband and he was on his way home, so he stopped and got me some extra strength tylenol. The only thing that felt ok for awhile was lying flat on my back on the floor. I took the Tylenol and eventually was able to get up and go to bed. It feels better today, but I still experience little twinges here and there.
    (edit to fix typo)
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @nursetmd85 last week I was sick with what felt like a stomach bug and m/s. It was horrible. Luckily this week I seem to be back to normal. I think it was just my uterus grew a lot last week, I roughly measure it at home, and it was causing my stomach and digestion to slow down. 
  • @clt2pwm11 Sorry to hear about your back pain. I hope you continue to feel better.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @clt2pwm11 I am with you on the back pain! A heating pad set on the lowest setting has really helped, as Tylenol doesn't seem to do much. I'm thinking about going to a chiropractor to see if that may help me find some relief, too.
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    DS1 born 2/14

April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @BlueEyedDreamer I've always had a weaker back, but this is at times excruciating. The midwife explained that two major muscle groups are expanding during pregnancy:one in the hip area and one in the back. I haven't felt anything in the hip area because my hips are crazy loose (I can do the yoga pigeon move and not feel the slightest stretch) but what I'm lacking in the hips I'm getting double in the back!
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @clt2pwm11 oh no! sorry about your back! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Have any of you ladies tried prenatal yoga? My friend swears by it... she just gave birth to her first baby in under 8 hours. I started yesterday and loved it! I was the only one in the class who wasn't in their 3rd trimester, so I feel like they took it easy - we basically just laid around in certain poses for the last half of the class. Going to class on Sunday too so hopefully that one will involve a little more movement.
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • @babylonghorn16 I want to try it but the studio I normally go to offers it only at lunch time, and I work in a school and can't leave. I might have to search around because I've heard good things.
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @babylonghorn16 I went during my 2nd tri to help with my pubic symphisitis pain. Not sure if that's what helped the condition to go away, but it did eventually. I enjoyed it too. I stopped going since then but maybe I should go back to help move this baby  ;)
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16