April 2017 Moms
Options

Baby Registry link tacky?

Hi,

I was planning to make our holiday card cute this year with a fun picture to show we are expecting a baby in April - something like "the more the merrier" or "baby it's cold outside"..something like that. Is it tacky to add our baby registry link to these cards? They are only being sent to family/extended family and close friends who may not be able to come to my shower in February. I just don't want people to think we are expecting a gift, and it's an easy way for us to get the link to those who have been asking for it and would want to give us a gift.

I was thinking on the back of the card to say something simple and nice like "For those of you asking for our registry link: (link)...Happy Holidays and we can't wait for you to meet the newest member of our family!" - does this sound weird or tacky?

Any thoughts here would be appreciated! Thanks!
 Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby Registry link tacky?

• Options
    Personally I'd find it very gift grabby/tacky. if someone wants to know where you're registered, they'll ask or find your registry on their own. 
  • Options
    Truthfully if I got one of those I'd think I was expected to send a gift. I do think people know to ask for a registry link. Though if there are people who specially asked you to get them the registry link then I guess I'd send it only to them. That's my thought. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't do it. I think that if people want to send you a gift, they'll either ask you directly or you could inform your mother/mother-in-law of where you're registered in case they get any questions. 
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014
  • Options
    Agree that it's way tacky.
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    Thanks for all of the feedback!
     Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That's what the baby shower invite is for.  It's ok to send those to people you don't think will make it. At least IMO it is, really you just never know they may decide to take a short vaca and come.  But deffinetly not on your Christmas card
  • Options
    Super tacky. Save it for the shower invitations and/or if anybody asks you directly for it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Seems like you have your answer, but in case there's any doubt: tacky. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Options
    Super tacky.  If anyone wants to know if/where you are registered, they will ask you.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.