May 2017 Moms
Options

Sunday ticker change 11/13

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms?

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY- what is your favorite baby item as many are looking into doing their registries

Re: Sunday ticker change 11/13

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    12 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Plum
    Appointments this week? 
    Nope
    Symptoms?
    Sore boobs, fatigue, and light acid reflex (which I'll totally take compared to the massive amount of pain I was in last week before my doc gave me a prescription!)
    Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Rave-DH is awesome. He gets me things when I need them, if I have to sleep on the couch he'll sleep on the couch, he let's me sleep all day if need be, and he let's me change supper desicions on a dime when I suddenly have a craving.
    Question-Did anyone else's doctor just assume they know where everything is? Ours assumed we knew where lab was, where to make appointments, where to go, what to do?...eventhough our visit clearly stated FIRST VISIT. Even if we have had a child there before, I feel like the first visit, they should still do a refresher.
    GTKY- what is your favorite baby item as many are looking into doing their registries
    Currently my favorite baby item is cloth diapers. We really want to try to cloth diaper and currently it is the only thing I can decide on for any registry items.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    14 weeks!

How big is baby? 
    Lemon

Appointments this week? 
    2nd Ultrasound was on Friday 11/11/16 (technically last week :) )

Symptoms?
    FATIGUE, urge to exercise, lower back pain, sore boobs, excitement!

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Rave - I love my OB! So far they have been fantastic!

We're just about to do our registry, and this is our first baby! But I'm with @absbubbs on the cloth diapers. We found a local service that does weekly delivery/pickup of clean diapers for only $25. This service seems totally worth it since they do the laundry for you and supply as many as you need.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    12 Weeks

How big is baby? 
    Plum

Appointments this week? 
    Ultrasound Monday

Symptoms?
    Light headed every time i stand, a tiny bit of acid reflux, energy is coming back slowly , grateful/ scared that symptoms are disappearing  

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    *TW* More like a scared vent- 2 years ago at my 12 week US they told us baby had stopped growing , I have waited for this scan in some ways as a milestone of sorts & in another way just as a start point in this pregnancy to feel some kind of relief. The day will be here tomorrow and today I feel like I can't breath. Excited/scared as hell to get it over with! 

Really have not looked into baby items yet 
  • Options
    How far along are you?  12 weeks

How big is baby?  Plum

Appointments this week?  Next one is a week out, I think

Symptoms?  Nausea, diziness, a bit emotional the last few days

Rant/Rave/Questions? Anyone else not announce their pregnancy yet? I'm not sure when I will...

GTKY- Way too early to register if you ask me and don't know that I will. With DD I had an informal baby shower and since SIL seems to want to do something this time it'll have to be a diaper shower or something because I don't like asking people for things.
    That bring said, a Rock N Play is probably one of the most awesome things for that first little while with baby. It was DD's first "bed" and will be this baby's first one too.
  • Options
    @OmegaRose3 i have not announced yet, thinking of doing a thanksgiving announcement 
  • Options
    1. 15 weeks 
    2. It's a navel orange! Or an eclair.
    3. No appointments till December now, just had my monthly obgyn sync
    4. No new symptoms yet
    5. My Skype got hacked this morning and was sending links to people before I woke up to fix it. Annoying. Embarrassing. Facepalm. And I really want a puppy!
    6. I'm seriously considering an owlet. I'm slightly paranoid so that would explain. Looking at cute multifunctional cribs too.
  • Options
    How far along are you?  12 or 13, hoping for more accurate dating at the NT scan.

How big is baby? Plum

Appointments this week?  Had our second appointment Thursday. Baby was very active. Still have not heard the heartbeat. 

Symptoms? Increased appetite. Watching tv is hard because of all the food commercials. I want it all!

Rant/Rave/Questions? Nope

GTKY- what is your favorite baby item as many are looking into doing their registries - No favs. Haven't started my registry. 

@thistlenweeds - I'm a very paranoid person and suggested the owlet to hubby thinking he'd confirm that I'm indeed crazy. Instead he's now also considering it.

@MamaZ326 - Good luck tomorrow!!
  • Options
    kns1988kns1988 member
    edited November 2016
    @thistlenweeds, I'm considering the owlet, too. Just heard about it the other day. I'd really like to know how many false positives it gives, though. Like, is it going to go off even if the baby is perfectly fine?

edit: oh wow, just looked at the price. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    14weeks

How big is baby? Uhm...a lemon I think...

Appointments this week? None that I know.of haha

Symptoms?
    dizziness,exhaustion, horrible migrains tailbone pain nausea light tummy cranps here and there 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Rant= for some odd reason everything my MIL does nakes me so angry, I feel like I have bottled up rage towrds her as soon as I had gotten pregnant.
    Rave= I get to find out gender of my baby on the 30th! Yays
    Question= has anyone every had bad uti during pregnancy??

GTKY- what is your favorite baby item as many are looking into doing their registries I think mine have mainly been a bassinet. Diapers baby wipes & breastfeeding supplies. I feel like im nuch more knowledgeable this time around & im focusing on the things I know I want nd will need alot of. Besides I love choosing.daipers & stuff!
  • Options
    @lulubemadness yesss on antibiotics now for my stupid UTI 
  • Options
    @kns1988 it is a little pricey, yes, but hey, i'd be willing to pay for paranoia. Lol. I think i'll research it a little more before buying since there's plenty of time still. Some reviews say that it can fall off and then it will be a false positive.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    14 Weeks!

How big is baby? 
    Peach or a Troll Doll

Appointments this week? 
    This Thursday I have a regular check up, which I am looking forward to. Next week we have an ultrasound scheduled, so hoping to find out the sex then!

Symptoms?
    Migraines are kicking my butt while I turn into the second tri. My complexion has also managed to get worse...

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Nothing this week, just want this terrible acne to go away.

As a second time mom, I have a couple favorites. One is my convertible crib that has a changing table. I always hear people talk about how the changing table is a waste of $$.. I disagree completely! My daughter is almost 2 and we use it to change her every time. Maybe I'm lazy, but I don't want to change my baby on the floor. Going along with that, my absolute favorite item is my Ubbi diaper pail. It is AMAZING. It is a little more pricey, but so worth it. You use your own garbage bags and it holds in all the smells. I highly highly recommend over any other pail if you will be needing one!

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    16 weeks 

How big is baby? 
    Action figure, avocado

Appointments this week? 
    None

Symptoms?
    Migraines 3x a week this trimester. Short of breath, rib area crowding from growing baby.

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    This pregnancy is SO much harder than my first. I haven't had a single week of feeling good yet! Rave: Anatomy scan scheduled for Dec 6th!

As a second time mom, I'm really looking forward to getting a bassinet for baby to sleep in our room for the first few months. 
  • Options
    I started this post and forgot to post myself! 
    How far along are you? 
    14 Weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Tomatoe
    Appointments this week? 
    Had my ultrasound last monday baby looked great! None till after thanksgiving now
    Symptoms?
    Still no appetite and I am having some bloody discharge. I spoke to my office friday night and they are not concerned but I am. 
    Rant/Rave/Questions?

I would say the rock and play which doubled as our bassinet. My lo lived in the thing so easy to place them in there for naps and things after eating. I would also say boppy and not for breastfeeding as I never ended up succeeding in that. I ended up pumping exclusively and used it to prop lo up to feed as I pumped. He would lay in the boppy on the couch next to me around 3 or 4 months when he started wanting to get more out and about. He still uses his boppy at 14 months as a seat or a pillow when he is in living room! I personally am very tall and the boppy wasnt enough to boost baby for breastfeeding I still needed extra pillows.  
  • Options
    How far along are you? 15 weeks! 

How big is baby? Navel Orange

Appointments this week? Next week - 11/21 monthly check in. 

Symptoms? Headaches!!! Boo!!!!!

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Rant: I got bit by a stray cat this weekend so now I either risk infection and just keep covering it with neospirin, or I take the antibiotics my Dr. prescribed, one which isn't highly recommended for pregnancy, and have potentially icky side effects. (I have to take two different types because I'm allergic to penicillin - the normal course of action.) I feel like there is CONSTANTLY something new to worry about during pregnancy. And normally I'm not a big worrier, so it's stressing me out! 

Rave: DH and I are going on our Babymoon this week! We're going to Disneyland (we're big fans) and taking our announcement photos there. It's two-fold excitement - vacation & finally being out of the pregnancy closet.  :D

GTKY- what is your favorite baby item as many are looking into doing their registries. Well, I'm a FTM so I have no idea really about what I'm doing. But not going to lie - my favorite is looking at all the cute nursery items. (I know that isn't the most practical side to registering, but it's all so adorable!!!) Contemplating a yellow/grey Dumbo theme. 

@MamaZ326 Sending good vibes your way! Hope your appointment is perfect! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lulubemadness yes! I had one for almost 2 weeks. Had to take 2 medications for it. First round of antibiotics did nothing. Second time they proscribed me a category D antibiotic and I made them give me something else. So glad to be over all that.
    I hope yours is gone soon, drink lots of water!
  • Options
    @diann21 thank you! I can breath a little easier now ! Baby looks healthy! 
  • Options
    @MamaZ326
    I woke up one morning feeling like I might have it....didnt know whether to wait for ob office on monday or go to an urgent care

@OmegaRose3  Yeah I basically stayed in bed all day drank LOTS of water some cranberry juice and made constant stops to the bathroom lol  how long did it take to go away and did your  ob office test for it ?
  • Options
    @lulubemadness they tested for it and when it didn't go awau I called my OB and because it was a Friday they said to go into an urgent care. Urgent care's test for whate very reason didn't pick up on it so I got stuck making more calls until they finally gave me an acceptable medication to get rid of it. After the second medication and a ridiculous amount of water I would say it took about 2 days for symptoms to go away.
  • Options
    BabyMC517BabyMC517 member
    edited November 2016
    So far behind! I swear I looked too! haha

How far along are you? 13+4

How big is baby? Lemon (edit: the ticker says peach...but my app says lemon...haha)

Appointments this week? Nope, it was last Thursday :) Next one is December 8th to find out the sex early (but secretly) so we can open up a present and find out on Christmas! 

Symptoms? Hiccups and burping haha going to the bathroom a lot more, too! Oh, and the headaches...ugh...but that might be combined with some other things that have gone on this week

Rant/Rave/Questions? As much as I'm freaked out by feeling kicks, I want to feel them! haha 

hmm I love the crib we've picked out and the clothes are super cute! Just need to know which to buy for! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin