Infertility
Options

Adenomysosis and thin endometrium (new to group)

Hello all:

I'm 37, DH 41. We have been TTC since my Mirena was removed Nov 2015. Workup this summer included normal hormone levels, AMH of 2.35, normal HSG. I had hysteroscopy with D&C for small polyps in September that was uncomplicated. Two rounds of Femera have produced a beautiful BBT chart and good follicles, but still no pregnancy. The consistent abnormality has been a thin endometrium (7.5mm prior to D&C, and 5.5mm and 5mm afterwards). Now it looks like I have adenomyosis, which is where the endometrium grows into the uterus muscle and could prevent any implantation. I'm terrified that I now have no chance of conceiving a child. My REI appointment isn't until December, but I will take estrogen (1st half) and progresterone (2nd half) supplementation next cycle to see if it thickens me up. 

Does anyone have any experience? There is no information on thin endometriums outside of IVF or FET, and even less on adenomyosis.
Me 37, DH 41.
Mirena removed 11/15, immediately started trying.
April 16: AMH 2.35, Normal all other labs, including sperm.
Aug 16: HSG normal. Saline sonogram showed likely polyp, but not optimal due to discomfort.
Sept 16: Hysteroscopy with light D&C for small polyps.
Sept 16: Notice of impending deployment for six months.
Sept 16: Femara round 1: D12 US, 28mm follicle, 8mm endometrium; D15 US, collapsed follicle, 5.5 mm endometrium
Oct 16: Femara round 2: D17 US, ovarian cyst consistent with ovulation, 5mm endometrium and cystic structure in the endometrium consistent with adenomyosis. Adenomyosis also present on US in July 16.
Oct 16: Deployment cancelled, likely next summer if not sooner.
Next up: Estrace D 5-12, Progesterone suppositories 3DPO

Re: Adenomysosis and thin endometrium (new to group)

• Options
    I have no advice or information on your particular situation but welcome! 
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • Options
    not sure about the adenomyosis part, but acupuncture really helped thicken my lining
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you very much rainbowwishes5 and MrsH0204!

MrsH0204: how much did you pay for each treatment? How much did it thicken?

Me 37, DH 41.
    Mirena removed 11/15, immediately started trying.
    April 16: AMH 2.35, Normal all other labs, including sperm.
    Aug 16: HSG normal. Saline sonogram showed likely polyp, but not optimal due to discomfort.
    Sept 16: Hysteroscopy with light D&C for small polyps.
    Sept 16: Notice of impending deployment for six months.
    Sept 16: Femara round 1: D12 US, 28mm follicle, 8mm endometrium; D15 US, collapsed follicle, 5.5 mm endometrium
    Oct 16: Femara round 2: D17 US, ovarian cyst consistent with ovulation, 5mm endometrium and cystic structure in the endometrium consistent with adenomyosis. Adenomyosis also present on US in July 16.
    Oct 16: Deployment cancelled, likely next summer if not sooner.
    Next up: Estrace D 5-12, Progesterone suppositories 3DPO