June 2017 Moms

SCH and exercise?

I've had some bleeding that's be dx-ed as either a vanishing twin or a SCH. I go back in a month for another u/s to see if it's resolved. 

When I asked about exercising I basically got a shrug in response. I was told that since the radiologist was unsure between the two she really didn't know what to say. It was a nurse I was speaking with and I've debated calling my doctor. 

I'm curious, those who have been dx with a SCH, what did your doctor recommend? Doctor Google doesn't have a lot of answers, but unless it's a large SCH it sounds like waiting 7-10 days after the bleeding has stopped before returning to normal activity. 
DD1 4.14.10
DD2 8.22.13
MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: SCH and exercise?

• My OB gave the same shrug when I asked that question. My u/s on Oct 27th showed a small SCH. My last red bleed was Oct 29 with a few days of spotting that followed. My u/s on Nov 1 showed that my SCH had resolved itself and I haven't bled or spotted since then. My doctor did not feel it necessary to put me on pelvic rest or anything, but I definitely haven't exercised and have tried to take it easy with the physical activity. Whether or not there's any justification for slowing down, it at least makes me feel better. I probably won't start light exercise again until 2nd tri. 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• I was put on pelvic rest with my SCH: no sex and no exercise

I'd call the doc and ask to be safe

• Loading the player...
  • cutiebugg-2cutiebugg-2 member
    edited November 2016
    My OB said I could exercise when I had my SCH with my DS. However I chose the conservative route and chose not to... I went to an aqua aerobics class and started spotting straight after and I decided to stop. It was probably unrelated but I didn't want to risk it. 
    Xo try not to stress - SCH mostly resolve on their own xo 

edited because of typos